Windows 10: Why do i get a file system error when opening image files on the Windows Photos App?

Discus and support Why do i get a file system error when opening image files on the Windows Photos App? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Photos App does not open any image file. Gives a file system error (-2147219196). Ive tried repairing and resetting the photos app. Ive run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZubairArif, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Why do i get a file system error when opening image files on the Windows Photos App?

Windows 10 Photos App does not open any image file. Gives a file system error (-2147219196). Ive tried repairing and resetting the photos app. Ive run a system scan and a disc check through the command prompt. Ive also tried removing the photos app through the power shell and reinstalling using the Microsoft store. And ive also tweaked with the Windows License manager service on some recommendations. Nothing seems to work. Kindly advise a solution. (PS: The photos open fine in another app but for some reason not on Windows Photos)

:)

ZubairArif, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Darshan J Win User

Unable to open store and photos | error file system error (-2147416359) while opening photos

Hi Abu,

To assist you better help us with the below information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Which Windows 10 build is installed on the computer?
    • Which app are you using to open the photos app?
    • Is the issue specific to a photo or all the photos?
    • Are you able to open other pre-installed apps on your computer?
    As an initial steps, check time date and region settings of your computer are accurately set. Turn off Automatic and manually set the Date and Time and install the pending updates on the system.

If the issue still persists follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Disable or uninstall any third party Antivirus software and check if it helps.Once you have disabled it try Opening the store again. See if it helps.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you
    should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

To Troubleshoot the File system error follow the below method.

Method 3: Run the SFC (System File Checker)

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or
    damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope the above information is helpful. Kindly post us with the status of the issue. We are happy to assist you further.

Darshan J, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Can't open image files, default viewer also doesn't work.

Hello,

File corruption is one of the possible reasons why you're having issue opening image files. For us to identify and isolate this issue better, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Where are those images located?
    • Any error messages, if there's any?
    • Which program are you using to open those images?
    • What is the file format of the images?

We would suggest using Windows Photo Viewer to open this file and check if it helps. We would also suggest making Windows Photo Viewer as the default program to open pictures and check.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Vil, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Why do i get a file system error when opening image files on the Windows Photos App?

photo files

Hi Don,

We would like to ask some questions to better assist you with this issue.

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Did you receive any error messages/codes when you tried accessing your photo files?
    • Are you trying to access your photos through File Explorer or Photo app?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    Also, we suggest that you use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted files. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. You may visit this
    article for the steps.

We'll wait for your reply.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Why do i get a file system error when opening image files on the Windows Photos App?

1. Why do i get a file system error when opening image files on the Windows Photos App? - Similar Threads - Why file system

2. Getting File System Error -2147219196 on Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting File System Error -2147219196 on Photos app: I am getting File system error -2147219196 while trying to open photos using Photos app, I tried almost all the already available solutions on Internet but none of the solution worked, I clean installed windows 11 again using latest iso image and it was working fine until I...
  3. Getting File System Error -2147219196 on Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting File System Error -2147219196 on Photos app: I am getting File system error -2147219196 while trying to open photos using Photos app, I tried almost all the already available solutions on Internet but none of the solution worked, I clean installed windows 11 again using latest iso image and it was working fine until I...
  4. in photos windows 11 I get this error code when I try to open a photo file system error...

in photos windows 11 I get this error code when I try to open a photo file system error...: in photos windows 11 I get this error code when I try to open a photo file system error -2147219195 Jan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-photos-windows-11-i-get-this-error-code-when-i/0de9247f-717a-4514-931e-61a5dfa4ba88
  5. in photos windows 11 I get this error code when I try to open a photo file system error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in photos windows 11 I get this error code when I try to open a photo file system error...: in photos windows 11 I get this error code when I try to open a photo file system error -2147219195 Jan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-photos-windows-11-i-get-this-error-code-when-i/0de9247f-717a-4514-931e-61a5dfa4ba88
  6. File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening: Anytime I attempt to open a photo/the photos app, or use wsreset.exe I get File system error -2147219195. I've attempted to reset and repair both the Microsoft Store and the photos app and it has not fixed the problem. Attempting to open the store or the photos app does not...
  7. File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening

File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening: Anytime I attempt to open a photo/the photos app, or use wsreset.exe I get File system error -2147219195. I've attempted to reset and repair both the Microsoft Store and the photos app and it has not fixed the problem. Attempting to open the store or the photos app does not...
  8. File system error -2147219195 Store and photos app not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. Error when open images in Windows Photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error when open images in Windows Photo app: I am trying to open Windows Photo images but get a file system error-2147163901... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-open-images-in-windows-photo-app/f474c2ef-1e45-44e3-b7bc-3e80b77e27f1
  10. "File System Error" on opening Image files

"File System Error" on opening Image files: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. I encounter a problem recently that when I open any image file, Photos app opens and closes with a flash and showing this error on all kind of pictures. [ATTACH] One change I have observed it that a new app auto installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file system error 80530975

2. error 805305975

3. while opening image its showing file system error

4. file system error codes,
  5. what is file error 805305975,
  6. what is error 805305975,
  7. why do i get error code 805305975