Windows 10: Why do I have to wait for updates??

Discus and support Why do I have to wait for updates?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So im in Windows 10 and i see a button. "Update and shutown". I click this deceptive button. I turn the computer on.... Guess what? It must spend the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BananaPeal2, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Why do I have to wait for updates??

So im in Windows 10 and i see a button. "Update and shutown". I click this deceptive button. I turn the computer on.... Guess what? It must spend the last of my battery installing update. Thanks .

So it's really "shutdown, THEN update"

does Microsoft have trouble with English?

Is your user interface guy a brain dead monkey? Is he an antisocial psycho? Does he actually hate his users?!?

Wtf?? Why cant the shutdown and update command finish all the updates and then shutdown as explained in the user interface? Just do what you say... So simple... But nothing simple in M$ land... FF

:)

BananaPeal2, Jul 7, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why do I have to wait for updates?? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 7, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    Fit's current machine... always changing

I'm just waiting for evga to list them for a step-up! Looks killer fits.

erocker, Jul 7, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Why do I have to wait for updates??

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Why do I have to wait for updates??

1. Why do I have to wait for updates?? - Similar Threads - Why wait updates

2. Why do I have to wait 30 days for security updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to wait 30 days for security updates: Why do I have to wait 30 day for security updates submitted a new phone number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-wait-30-days-for-security-updates/5d1963c4-f57f-40af-870f-0b68963f1ed5
  3. Why do I have to wait 30 days for security updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to wait 30 days for security updates: Why do I have to wait 30 day for security updates submitted a new phone number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-wait-30-days-for-security-updates/5d1963c4-f57f-40af-870f-0b68963f1ed5
  4. Why am I having to wait 2 hrs to log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I having to wait 2 hrs to log in?: For the last couple of days, I've been having to wait two hours to get into my PC every time I boot up. I am putting in my password correctly and only once. Other than the shutdown I did the day before, I haven't been having multiple shutdowns. I checked my lockout threshold...
  5. Why do I have to wait an hour to get my wifi back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have to wait an hour to get my wifi back?: Having to wait at least an hour to get my wifi back after more crappy Windows updates is just stupid and useless. My computer won't let me get around this problem no matter how many times I click "manually". I need to be doing work right now, but instead I have to wait an...
  6. why i have to wait a month before verification?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why i have to wait a month before verification?: Please can someone tell me why I have to wait a month for verification just because I changed my contact phone number in my account? I find it completely frustrating that a huge company such as Microsoft are so prehistoric in there response time for something as simple as...
  7. WHy do I have to accept these updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHy do I have to accept these updates?: You know, this is going to be short and simple. Why Do I have to accept these updates that Microsoft forces down on us? Every time I get one of these updates, my computer starts to run worse and worse. I have had to re-install windows 10 now twice, after an update fragged an...
  8. Do I have to wait

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I have to wait: Ok a quick question i upgraded to wi dows 10 from windows 8.1 i still have the windows.old file on my pc do i have to wait a month so i can see the option to go back to previous windows...
  9. How long do I have to wait for AU to be seen by windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long do I have to wait for AU to be seen by windows update: Manually check for updates few times a week as well as windows itself checking daily on the automatic checks, but nothing for the AU even though I have gotten other updates since then. Still running 10586 62960
  10. How long do I have to wait?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long do I have to wait?: We all know that windows 10 updates can take ( in some cases) a considerable length of time to complete. There was a recent update that seemed to breeze through in the normal way - then came the time of configuration - restart - and a further configuration. Screen showed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does windows wait to finish updating for you to log in

2. users must wait for updates