Windows 10: Why do I have VMMS Checkpoint Errors at every start-up?

Discus and support Why do I have VMMS Checkpoint Errors at every start-up? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; On every startup I see 7 errors associated with the 7 checkpoints I have for the various VMs installed on my PC. I have shown one of the errors below.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by philc43, Nov 1, 2017.

1. philc43 Win User

Why do I have VMMS Checkpoint Errors at every start-up?

On every startup I see 7 errors associated with the 7 checkpoints I have for the various VMs installed on my PC. I have shown one of the errors below. These happen even though I do not start any of the VMs during the boot process.

I can open and run all my VMs normally so I am not aware of any problems. Should I just ignore these errors or is it a sign that something is wrong? Why would the checkpoints even be trying to load at startup?

Code: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VMMS-Admin Source: Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VMMS Date: 02/11/2017 14:28:01 Event ID: 16320 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-PH66QL2 Description: Cannot load a checkpoint configuration: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (0x80070020). (Checkpoint ID C86220F1-0033-4A01-B9B9-25AB78D16902) Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VMMS" Guid="{6066F867-7CA1-4418-85FD-36E3F9C0600C}" /> <EventID>16320</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-11-02T14:28:01.051680100Z" /> <EventRecordID>423</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="3776" ThreadID="6056" /> <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-VMMS-Admin</Channel> <Computer>DESKTOP-PH66QL2</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> <UserData> <VmlEventLog xmlns="Windows | Official Site for Microsoft Windows 10 Home & Pro OS, laptops, PCs, tablets & more"> <VmName> </VmName> <VmId>C86220F1-0033-4A01-B9B9-25AB78D16902</VmId> <ErrorMessage>%%2147942432</ErrorMessage> <ErrorCode>0x80070020</ErrorCode> </VmlEventLog> </UserData> </Event>[/quote]

:)

philc43, Nov 1, 2017

2. Bluescreen after USB stick, System Service Exception MeDlpflt.sys

The problem is to find why you have this driver on your computer.

It is installed by some CheckPoint software but I don't know which one.

CheckPoint provides Firewalls and Security system so it could be a VPN software, encryption, ....

Do you use this kind of systems?

Gerald Mathieu, Nov 1, 2017
  3. Why do I have to Reconfigure Sam DJ every time I start the PC UP? Does anyone else have this problem?

I've been using Sam DJ on my computers for years and it worked fine. On Windows 7, it worked without having to configure anything. I then got my upgrade of Windows 10. This is when I started to have problems. I found it wasn't configuring correctly and
    it took me the best part of the day to get it up and running properly, although the DJ Apps available (not as good for what I do) worked perfectly though were limited for my work. Once I had go Sam DJ Configured I thought great at last and Windows 10 was
    the perfect system. Then I started her up again the next day and found I had to reconfigure the Sam DJ again, and again every time sinse on startup. It's as if the save of the configuration gets wiped every night on shut down? First of all, does anyone
    know what I need to do to stop this, as much as I like fiddling with chalenges software brings sometimes, I feel this is taking the preverbial a little mopre than I would like.

Advise please.

AJBradford, Nov 1, 2017
Thema:

Why do I have VMMS Checkpoint Errors at every start-up?

1. Why do I have VMMS Checkpoint Errors at every start-up? - Similar Threads - Why VMMS Checkpoint

2. Hyper V Checkpoint Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V Checkpoint Error: Hi,We are using Veeam to backup our Virtual machine and recently we moved VM's to another server ever since then we are not able to backup those VMs. I contacted Veeam support and they said it's a error related to Checkpoint since VMs is giving error when creating manual...
  3. I get this weird error every time i start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get this weird error every time i start up.: let me know if anyone knows a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-weird-error-every-time-i-start-up/fa9f96ce-b7b0-4430-9392-dc97abf4221f
  4. I get this weird error every time i start up.

I get this weird error every time i start up.: let me know if anyone knows a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-weird-error-every-time-i-start-up/fa9f96ce-b7b0-4430-9392-dc97abf4221f
  5. Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?: Updated to windows 11 a couple weeks ago and every single time I start my computer, I have to do the network reset process to connect to the internet. I never had a single issue with internet before the update. No, it is not my router. I am getting really frustrated as I am a...
  6. Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?

Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?: Updated to windows 11 a couple weeks ago and every single time I start my computer, I have to do the network reset process to connect to the internet. I never had a single issue with internet before the update. No, it is not my router. I am getting really frustrated as I am a...
  7. Why do I have to do a network reset EVERY TIME I start my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Please Help i have this Start Up error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please Help i have this Start Up error: How can i boot recovery When my pc have the blue screen recovery error your pc couldnt start properlyi have tried **** down my pc 3 time why holding shutdown button at start but it wont work because every time i boot my pc the error messege pop upI have tried click F9 F11 F12...
  9. Why do I have this error?...

Why do I have this error?...: Hello, When I try to drag & drop emails from Outlook to another application here is the error I get: Microsoft.Explorer.Notification.{DC16CC3E-713B-EA9F-4CB7-101B23378F3C} [ATTACH] Could you please assist? Thank you....
  10. system errors at every start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system errors at every start up: It is happening every time when I trun on my Dell G5 5587 laptop. Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 12/29/2019 3:25:12 PM Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. checkpoint MeDlpflt

2. why do i get a checkpoint box when i boot in hyper v

3. event id 16320 windows 10