Windows 10: Why do I need to sign in to get reminders to work?

Discus and support Why do I need to sign in to get reminders to work? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Seems like Microsoft are desperate to get me to sign in. I don't want to. Is there any way to use reminders without having to sign in? Seems like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yossu, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Yossu Win User

Why do I need to sign in to get reminders to work?

Seems like Microsoft are desperate to get me to sign in. I don't want to.

Is there any way to use reminders without having to sign in? Seems like a pointless restriction, designed to grab yet more personal data.

:)

Yossu, Feb 17, 2018

2. Why do I need a PIN to sign in to my computer?

Problem solved, Thankyou, Tom

TomEdgerton, Feb 17, 2018
  3. Why do I need a PIN to sign in to my computer?

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your response.

Glad to know that the information was helpful to you. We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue. Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future. We'll be more than happy to assist you again.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 17, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

A lot of things are tied to a Microsoft Account which does require logging in.

Might look at MySoftware's MyUltimateOrganizer 7.

Berton, Feb 17, 2018
  5. Yossu Win User
    Yeah, what I want to know is why they have to be tied to an account. Can't see any good reason for a lot of it, other than the obvious (highly dubious) reason.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure I'm going to spend money on something I rarely use. Would have been nice to be able to use the built-in feature, were it not for Microsoft's attempt to control my life!

Thanks for the reply.

Yossu, Feb 17, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    At a guess, so they can work across devices?

There are plenty of freeware reminder/calendar type programs.. doesn't have to be a universal app.. and you don't HAVE to use MS's offerings.

dalchina, Feb 18, 2018
  7. Yossu Win User
    Probably. What MS seem to ignore is that we don't all have (or want) multiple devices. As it happens, I have a desktop PC and a laptop, but I don't want them synced. I'm quite happy to have each one do its own thing.
    Guess that's not where Microsoft want us to go today eh? Wish they'd stop deciding what I want and let me decide.
    I know, it was just convenient to have it built in to the OS. I try not to install more stuff than I have to.

Thanks

Yossu, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why do I need to sign in to get reminders to work? - Similar Threads - Why need sign

2. How do I get teredo going & why do I need it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get teredo going & why do I need it?: How do I get teredo going & why I need it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-teredo-going-why-do-i-need-it/d2eb00ac-b080-479d-9a58-6664a5b4eb5f
  3. How do I get teredo going & why do I need it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get teredo going & why do I need it?: How do I get teredo going & why I need it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-teredo-going-why-do-i-need-it/d2eb00ac-b080-479d-9a58-6664a5b4eb5f
  4. How do I get teredo going & why do I need it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?: My set up: Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965Windows Hello - PIN onRequired sign in when Windows wakes up from sleepMy computer goes to sleep due to inactivity. I tap the keyboard. Computer wakes up to the lock screen. Nothing I do with the keyboard from that point moves me...
  6. Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?

Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?: My set up: Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965Windows Hello - PIN onRequired sign in when Windows wakes up from sleepMy computer goes to sleep due to inactivity. I tap the keyboard. Computer wakes up to the lock screen. Nothing I do with the keyboard from that point moves me...
  7. Why do I need my mouse to get to the sign in screen on windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Why can't I set a reminder?????????

in Cortana
    Why can't I set a reminder?????????: I literally DEPEND upon setting reminders using Cortana. Just now I tried to set a reminder on my Windows 10 desktop. Forget it. It ain't gonna happen. WHY?????????????????????????????? What's happened to that functionality??...
  9. Reminders not working

in Cortana
    Reminders not working: I have a Windows Lynx Vision tablet, since the Windows 10 update a have a few bugs, firstly my reminders are not working or alerting me, secondly Cortana is unable to hear me and says "it may be a mic problem." Fan somebody help me please :)...
  10. Reminders not working

Reminders not working: I am on windows 10 Pro 10586.63 with all updates applied. Whether through Cortana or by keyboard, the data is accepted but when I hit the REMIND button it comes back with an error message saying the reminder can't be placed. I did a lot searching here and on google and...