Windows 10: WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discus and support WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC !!!!!!!!!!!!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC THAT I BOUGHT WHEN I TRY TO DO ANYTHING IT ASKES ME DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS APP TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by n_ fp1, Feb 27, 2024.

1. n_ fp1 Win User

WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC !!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC THAT I BOUGHT WHEN I TRY TO DO ANYTHING IT ASKES ME DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS APP TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR DEVICE IT ONLY SAYS NO AND IT SAYS TO CONTINUE ENER AN ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD AND I CANT IT DOSNT SHOW ME IT

:)

n_ fp1, Feb 27, 2024

2. Denied access to a file despite being listed as the owner

I tried to reinstall Origin, and this particular program, and it seems some others on the computer do not allow access at all, either to run or delete. It says access is denied or that permission will be needed. I go into the advanced settings to change
    the owner (as elswhere the troubleshooters suggested) and I see that Administrators is already listed as the owner. It's as though the administrator does not even have access to the file. This appears to apply to the entire folder. How can I change the
    permission to the file(s) so I can delete/reinstall?

joethecounselor, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Unknown User as Owner

Hi Bree, thanks for stepping up to address this issue.
    As far as I know my External Drive has only been used on my PC.

I could try to implement your suggestion and take Ownership of those Folders.
    The "Take Ownership" link is present in my right click menu, but I'm currently logged in with my Microsoft account, so perhaps it would be better if I went Properties --> Security --> Advanced & set the Owner to Administrators, no?!

Although my mind is bugged with a new question now.
    If I change the Owner & later on I have to restore a backup (Acronis on a CD) won't I encounter problems then?

witten1972, Feb 27, 2024
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC !!!!!!!!!!!!! - Similar Threads - WHY OWNER ACCESS

2. WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC !!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC !!!!!!!!!!!!!: WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC THAT I BOUGHT WHEN I TRY TO DO ANYTHING IT ASKES ME DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS APP TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR DEVICE IT ONLY SAYS NO AND IT SAYS TO CONTINUE ENER AN ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD AND I CANT IT DOSNT SHOW ME IT...
  3. WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC !!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC !!!!!!!!!!!!!: WHY DO I NOT HAVE OWNER ACCESS TO MY OWN PC THAT I BOUGHT WHEN I TRY TO DO ANYTHING IT ASKES ME DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS APP TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR DEVICE IT ONLY SAYS NO AND IT SAYS TO CONTINUE ENER AN ADMIN USER NAME AND PASSWORD AND I CANT IT DOSNT SHOW ME IT...
  4. Why Do I not have full access to my PC it's important

Why Do I not have full access to my PC it's important: So I own a Laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installed and I upgraded to Windows 11 about a 6 months ago today randomly I got an error message from Windows Defender about Trojanwin32/AgentTesla and I wasn't able to do anything about so then I saw a tutorial on this very...
  5. Why Do I not have full access to my PC it's important

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Do I not have full access to my PC it's important: So I own a Laptop which came with Windows 10 pre-installed and I upgraded to Windows 11 about a 6 months ago today randomly I got an error message from Windows Defender about Trojanwin32/AgentTesla and I wasn't able to do anything about so then I saw a tutorial on this very...
  6. How do I rename the "owner" folder to my own name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I rename the "owner" folder to my own name?: I just bought a new computer with Windows 11. I had the data transferred from my old Windows 10 computer. , which had my own name listed under "Users" I can't easily access my documents since they are all listed as existing the folder [my name] but the new machine has them in...
  7. How do I rename the "owner" folder to my own name?

How do I rename the "owner" folder to my own name?: I just bought a new computer with Windows 11. I had the data transferred from my old Windows 10 computer. , which had my own name listed under "Users" I can't easily access my documents since they are all listed as existing the folder [my name] but the new machine has them in...
  8. Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?: I have a tablet, a laptop with Win 10 and an android phone. I regularly get told trying to do things on my phone that my account it shows my phone number is being used by another or something. I tell it I still own the phone and it gets me to get a code from my email and then...
  9. Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I constantly have to prove I own my account?: I have a tablet, a laptop with Win 10 and an android phone. I regularly get told trying to do things on my phone that my account it shows my phone number is being used by another or something. I tell it I still own the phone and it gets me to get a code from my email and then...
  10. This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TFK_001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epup53/this_is_my_own_computer_why_dont_i_have/