Windows 10: Why do my downloads keep failing across all browers?

Discus and support Why do my downloads keep failing across all browers? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, For some reason, when I try to download large files (>400mb), they are continuously interrupted as show as "failed". This issue happens with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tommygrimshaw, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Why do my downloads keep failing across all browers?

Hi,

For some reason, when I try to download large files (>400mb), they are continuously interrupted as show as "failed". This issue happens with downloads across Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Opera. I have disabled my McAfee firewall in case this was causing the problem, but my downloads kept stalling.

Any help would be grealty appreciated!

:)

tommygrimshaw, Jan 3, 2017

2. Why do my updates keep downloading & failing to install?

Hi
    Linda312

PRE-REQUEST

Step 1: Windows Version & Latest OS Build

• To check your latest build:
      • Windows Key + R
      • Run window will open
      • Type:
      • winver
      • And press enter to open About Windows
      • Cross check whether you have latest Version & OS Build
      • Till Today: Windows 10 Version 1607 & OS Build 14393.693
    • You may achieve latest version through steps 2.
    • If you have a latest version, go to step 3.

Step 2: Windows 10 Anniversary Update(Version 1607):

Why do my downloads keep failing across all browers? [​IMG]

Though you have upgraded to latest version of Windows, please proceed to step 3.

Step 3: Windows Update(OS Build 14393.693)

• Once again update through Windows Update
    • Follow this steps:
      • Click on Windows Key
      • Click on Settings
      • Click on Update & Security
      • On left panel click on Windows Update
      • On right panel under Windows Update click on Check for Updates

If still getting an error proceed to step 4

Step 4: Check & Restore windows integrity

• Click on Windows Key
    • Type Command Prompt
    • Right click on Command Prompt and run as Administrator
    • Command Prompt window will open and type the following command and press enter
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth && DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Please refer a screenshot
    • Do you get any error or message??

Step 5: Scan your system

• Scan your system by Windows Defender(Recommended) or antivirus program
    If still getting an error proceed to step 6

SOLUTION TO WINDOWS UPDATE

Step 6: Windows Update

Please let us know

• Please let us know if the issue is Resolved or Not. Please feel free to communicate by replying if you need more help

Roharashraj™, Jan 3, 2017
  3. Linda312 Win User
    Why do my updates keep downloading & failing to install?

Why do my updates keep downloading & failing to install? This takes up a lot of time. It gets to 99% installed then can't compete, why?

Linda312, Jan 3, 2017
  4. DaddyG Win User

Why do my downloads keep failing across all browers?

Hi

I had a similar problem when using my browser (Firefox) and on two different computers.
    In Firefox I went to Tools, Options, Security and unticked 'Block dangerous and deceptive content'.
    Surely that's what my antivirus is looking out for.
    Anyway that seems to have done the trick.
    I've had no more download problems like that for some time now.
    Worth a try.

DaddyG, Jan 3, 2017
  5. Hi DaddyG,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've tried your suggestion, but alas it hasn't helped. *Sad

Tommy

tommygrimshaw, Jan 5, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    I didn't see it mentioned but have you checked with your ISP? Could be they are limiting the bandwidth of your subscription. Since you have "laptop" in your System Specs have you tried downloading a large file while connected to a public/open connection? That would help to narrow down where the problem is.

Berton, Jan 6, 2017
  7. Hi Berton,

Thanks for the reply. My current ISP is pretty crap (hence why I've this week changed providers to start in two weeks time), however I have tried my laptop on a different Wifi network and the problem persisted.

Tommy

tommygrimshaw, Jan 7, 2017
  8. torre Win User

torre, Jan 8, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    I get Failed now and then but mostly when I have more than a couple downloading at the same time, could simply be a bandwidth issue. I use Firefox constantly and its download function has a Restart, usually no problem the second time.

Berton, Jan 8, 2017
  10. Hello,

Thank you all for getting back to me and for your help and suggestions. I've tried all of the above and still have an issue.

*Sad

tommygrimshaw, Jan 11, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Have you tried just resuming the download? It should be able to carry on from where it left off. IE gives you two opportunities to Resume, the first is while you are downloading....

The second can be found any time later by viewing your downloads, keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+J

12. Hi Bree,

Yes, when the download fails the firsr time, I then resume it. However, even after resuming, the download continues to fail every now and again before eventually completing.

*Sad

tommygrimshaw, Jan 15, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

It does complete then, that's something at least. I had to deliberately turn off my WiFi part-way through to make those screenshots. Have you tried a wired connection rather than your WiFi? If that works it would point the finger of suspicion at your laptops' WiFi rather than your ISP.

14. Hi Bree,

Thanks, that's very true! We're getting new Wifi tomorrow (with a different ISP) so I'm hoping this'll help; although when I've changed the internet connection from my current Wifi to my mobile data via tethering, the programme still reoccured.

I'll take a look into your wired suggestion though - cheers. *Smile

tommygrimshaw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why do my downloads keep failing across all browers? - Similar Threads - Why downloads keep

2. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?: I’m having issues where Chrome, Waterfox and Opera GX are all crashing and I can’t find a way to fix it. I have exhausted every fix I know of and could find online including:Turning the PC off and on;Closing the browser and restarting them;Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  3. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?: I’m having issues where Chrome, Waterfox and Opera GX are all crashing and I can’t find a way to fix it. I have exhausted every fix I know of and could find online including:Turning the PC off and on;Closing the browser and restarting them;Uninstalling and reinstalling...
  4. Why do all of my browsers keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Videos keep rewinding across all platforms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos keep rewinding across all platforms: I upgraded to W11 a week ago. Lately, every time I play a video anywhere YouTUbe, DataCamp, Coursera, etc, the video keeps rewinding and it gets stuck there. If I am in the middle of a playlist then it'll just keep going to the previous video.At first, I thought maybe a key...
  6. Videos keep rewinding across all platforms

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos keep rewinding across all platforms: I upgraded to W11 a week ago. Lately, every time I play a video anywhere YouTUbe, DataCamp, Coursera, etc, the video keeps rewinding and it gets stuck there. If I am in the middle of a playlist then it'll just keep going to the previous video.At first, I thought maybe a key...
  7. All my downloads are failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my downloads are failing: Hello all, I’m having a weird problem with my Windows. All my downloads are failing regardless of what browser I’m using. Even when softwares try to update, they fail to download the update. I’m browsing websites and streaming online with no issues at all. The problem is only...
  8. Issue Downloading Images (across all browsers)!

in Browsers and Email
    Issue Downloading Images (across all browsers)!: About a week ago, I noticed that whenever I downloaded an image file, the download would freeze at 100%, and take about a minute to convert the .crdownload to the actual downloaded file. At first I thought this was an issue with Chrome, but tried Microsoft Edge as well, and...
  9. Cannot access some websites on all my browers?

Cannot access some websites on all my browers?: I cannot access certain sites on my browsers. I can't access google but I can access youtube. I can access some websites but I can't watch the video on them. I can access all sites on another computer using the same wifi connection. So far I have tried delete...
  10. All Downloads Fail

All Downloads Fail: I can't download anything from the internet without getting a message that it contains a virus and was deleted. This includes email attachments that I know do not contain viruses as well as even downloading a monthly bank statement. I spend all day updating any available...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 downloads keep failing

2. downloads keep failing on computer across different browsers and with different wifi