Windows 10: why do strange email addresses appear as network locations?

Discus and support why do strange email addresses appear as network locations? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI, I opened my "This PC" folder on my desktop and noticed that under Network Locations, there are two items that are named after email addresses.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dce1511, Jun 7, 2016.

1. dce1511 Win User

why do strange email addresses appear as network locations?

HI,

I opened my "This PC" folder on my desktop and noticed that under Network Locations, there are two items that are named after email addresses. when I check properties I get an error say that they cant display properties. when I open them, they say that the folders are empty.

the addresses are:

see below or attached

they are not familiar addresses and will not delete when I try to remove them.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanx
    DCE

:)

dce1511, Jun 7, 2016

2. Why do addresses (names) appear in my drop down list when I have deleted or edited the email address

Hi,

To further assist you, may we know the email client of your email account. Also, may we know if you have set up your account through the Windows mail?

We look forward to your prompt response.

Vanessa Oca, Jun 7, 2016
  3. Why do addresses (names) appear in my drop down list when I have deleted or edited the email address

Why do contacts that I have deleted or edited still appear in my dropdown list.

TinaLequier, Jun 7, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Those are media center servers. Have you placed your computer on a network, such as a public hotspot where you might have picked up media center servers from other users?

Mystere, Jun 7, 2016
Thema:

1. why do strange email addresses appear as network locations? - Similar Threads - why strange email

2. Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???: Why do my Desktop icons appear like this every few days or whenever there is an update? Some look fuzzy and strange while other are almost non existent... just their titles remain...
  3. Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my Desktop icons appear so strange???: Why do my Desktop icons appear like this every few days or whenever there is an update? Some look fuzzy and strange while other are almost non existent... just their titles remain...
  4. Something strange behind email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something strange behind email address: Hi, When I send out a email this is attached to my address : <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> I have looked online and can't find my answer is this a spam? And how do I get rid of it. Thank you,...
  5. Something strange behind email address

Something strange behind email address: Hi, When I send out a email this is attached to my address : <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> I have looked online and can't find my answer is this a spam? And how do I get rid of it. Thank you,...
  6. Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link: I have been using Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox for many years. Currently am using Firefox version 82.0.2 on a Windows 10 laptop. My email addresses are located in my Thunderbird account version 98.4.1. These new versions are the outcome of recent upgrades to my Mozilla...
  7. Gettting email with strange characters in senders address

in Browsers and Email
    Gettting email with strange characters in senders address: Recently I have been getting many ads in my junk folder from senders with strange characters in their address: Example : The sender's address would be something like ÿÞ* < anyname @anydomain.com> where * could be any letter like V, S or T . The body of the email looks like...
  8. locating an email address & phone #

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    locating an email address & phone #: How would I locate an email address / phone # for walmart corporate ( legal department) to report a fraud? Walmart's websites are so confusing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-an-email-address-phone/9000d9ab-7a85-4ac0-87be-3d53d9025b00
  9. Strange spam email address

Strange spam email address: I keep getting emails on my business computer from a strange address (like it is a merge of two separate ones). How it is even possible? Jim Scott <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***@wentai-cn.com> I keep spamming all of us almost every day with email that...
  10. How do I locate someones IP address from their email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I locate someones IP address from their email?: I looked at the header of several emails, a few I suspect are the same person but one I know is a different person, and the IP addresses I am seeing are the same between different emails. If one of these is supposed to be the senders, which one is it? If none, how do I find...