Windows 10: WHY do we have to restart when we input wrong PIN?

Discus and support WHY do we have to restart when we input wrong PIN? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; make us wait some time but don't make us restart, it causes unnecessary damage to parts and is nothing but a scam to cause PC damage it provides ZERO... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Idiot5464567, Aug 27, 2018.

1. WHY do we have to restart when we input wrong PIN?

make us wait some time but don't make us restart, it causes unnecessary damage to parts and is nothing but a scam to cause PC damage

it provides ZERO extra security

Stop it.

:)

Idiot5464567, Aug 27, 2018

2. Inputted the wrong PIN to many time on start up

Whenever I start my PC the log in screen says I have inputted the wrong PIN to many times and have to type in A1B2C3 before I can use my PIN.

This is on BOOT UP before I even try to log in

No error messages no other advice. Just this stupid message every time.

MontyFlange, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Aug 28, 2018
  4. JayPhi Win User

WHY do we have to restart when we input wrong PIN?

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

WHY do we have to restart when we input wrong PIN?

1. WHY do we have to restart when we input wrong PIN? - Similar Threads - WHY restart input

2. Why we should restart computer regularly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why we should restart computer regularly?: Hi Team,May i know why we should restart our computer regularly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-we-should-restart-computer-regularly/5c785dd9-a7c2-4bb3-9cc6-e5027fae8304
  3. Why we should restart computer regularly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why we should restart computer regularly?: Hi Team,May i know why we should restart our computer regularly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-we-should-restart-computer-regularly/5c785dd9-a7c2-4bb3-9cc6-e5027fae8304
  4. Do we have windows 12?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do we have windows 12?: Hi,I have some problem with windows 11, I want to Do we have windows 12 in close future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-we-have-windows-12/f3b2bbaf-c336-47e1-a8b2-4aeb0a75af8c
  5. Do we have windows 12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do we have windows 12?: Hi,I have some problem with windows 11, I want to Do we have windows 12 in close future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-we-have-windows-12/f3b2bbaf-c336-47e1-a8b2-4aeb0a75af8c
  6. When do we have WSLg for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When do we have WSLg for windows 10?: WSLg is great for windows 11, but when do we have WSLg for windows 10. Why not provider WSLg for win11 and win10 at the same time.This remind me of old microsoft all over again....
  7. Update control, why don't we have it?

in Cortana
    Update control, why don't we have it?: It use to be that we could choose the updates when installed. We had total control over them, within reason, but it got taken away with windows 8 if memory serves at least. I could pick from important updates and optional updates, and even select which updates to do prior to...
  8. Windows 10 login. Why do we have to have a PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 login. Why do we have to have a PIN?: Why do we have to have a PIN for windows 10 log in. I know that we can log in lots of different ways but we have to have a PIN even if we don't use it. This is an insecure back door to our accounts. Trevor...
  9. MICROSOFT PIN HOW DO WE GET IT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT PIN HOW DO WE GET IT: HOW DO MICROSOFT STORE SIGN IN WITHOUT SECRET PIN AND WHERE IS IT OBTAIN FROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-pin-how-do-we-get-it/d448e7a6-5b0f-420d-9765-739af6250198"
  10. Here's a familiar. Why does MS insist we have Cortana when we don't want it??

in Cortana
    Here's a familiar. Why does MS insist we have Cortana when we don't want it??: I have a Windows 10 PC. I don't want Cortana, I don't use Cortana and do not plan to. I have tried many solutions from various resources. It's still there. Now it does says "Suspended" but between it and the Runtime Broker it's allotted 2.8MB at all times from my below...