Windows 10: why does backspace take you back to the previous page?

Discus and support why does backspace take you back to the previous page? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In Spartan why on earth does pressing backspace take you back to the previous space. I keep accidentally doing this and it is very annoying. 6811 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mccririck, Jun 6, 2015.

1. mccririck Win User

why does backspace take you back to the previous page?

In Spartan why on earth does pressing backspace take you back to the previous space. I keep accidentally doing this and it is very annoying.

:)

mccririck, Jun 6, 2015

2. The files needed to take you back to a previous version of windows have been removed

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Did you make any changes to the computer, prior to the issue?

2) Did you make any changes to user account setting/changed user account?

I would suggest you to perform system restore and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-back-up-your-files

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 6, 2015
  3. JRHou Win User
    The files needed to take you back to a previous version of windows have been removed

hi

I tried reverting back to windows 7 today and i get the following "the files needed to take you back to a previous version of windows have been removed" Its been less than 3 weeks since i upgraded to windows 10. The windows .old folder is still there and
    i have not deleted anything. Does anyone know why i cant revert back?

thanks

JRHou, Jun 6, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Dude, Jun 6, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    It also depends upon where the cursor is or is not, if the cursor has been clicked in a dialog box it works normally. If it is not visible such as when clicking on a blank area on a page then the Backspace works on the Back arrow on the toolbar.

Berton, Jun 6, 2015
  6. mccririck Win User
    mccririck, Jun 6, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    Not just browsers, but file explorer and maybe some other programs do it. This has been the way of things in like forever.

swarfega, Jun 6, 2015
  8. rfruth Win User

Never knew about this backspace thing, tnx !

rfruth, Jun 6, 2015
  9. mccririck Win User
    Yes, the problem is the cursor disappears from dialogue boxes occasionally for no obvious reason, and you end up flying back through your browser history instead of deleting a few letters of text.

mccririck, Jun 6, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    The forum software doesn't "know" about Spartan, and thinks it's IE. Therefore, it tries to use older compatibility hacks with it that don't work in Spartan because Spartan is not backwards compatible with old, non-standard behavior.

The forum software has to be updated to be "Spartan Friendly", as will many other sites that assume Spartan is IE and try to use compatibility modes.

Mystere, Jun 6, 2015
  11. mccririck Win User
    Slightly ironic on a Windows 10 forum.

mccririck, Jun 6, 2015
  12. Mystere Win User
    Yeah, I know.. but they're using off the shelf forum software that's been customized. They're stuck waiting for an update to the forum software and/or switching to a different piece of software.

Mystere, Jun 7, 2015
  13. batlhilz Win User

i thought Edge/Spartan is backwards compatible *Redface I have issues here too with it now and then and it does some weird autoreloads when the reply / scrolling gets stuck

batlhilz, Jun 7, 2015
  14. Tony K Win User
    LOL! All these years I never knew the Backspace key does that. I've always used Ctrl + back or forward arrow keys to navigate.

Tony K, Jun 7, 2015
  15. LittleJay Win User
    Yupper. I learned something new as well. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Jun 7, 2015
Thema:

1. why does backspace take you back to the previous page? - Similar Threads - why does backspace

2. Why does Edge keep going back to previous page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Edge keep going back to previous page: I can’t fill out any forms, submit any questions while using edge. Edge randomly goes back to previous page. Seems like Microsoft is trying to ignore this problem. Is anybody trying to fix it?...
  3. Why does Edge keep going back to previous page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Edge keep going back to previous page: I can’t fill out any forms, submit any questions while using edge. Edge randomly goes back to previous page. Seems like Microsoft is trying to ignore this problem. Is anybody trying to fix it?...
  4. why would my file explorer accidentally go back to previous page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why would my file explorer accidentally go back to previous page: it happens most of the time when I am selecting multiple photos at once. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-my-file-explorer-accidentally-go-back-to/79f13f04-d8d3-4f8b-935e-b7cfc54d71d9
  5. why would my file explorer accidentally go back to previous page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why would my file explorer accidentally go back to previous page: it happens most of the time when I am selecting multiple photos at once. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-would-my-file-explorer-accidentally-go-back-to/79f13f04-d8d3-4f8b-935e-b7cfc54d71d9
  6. why would my file explorer accidentally go back to previous page

7. backspace button taking screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace button taking screenshots: For some odd reason for my backspace takes screenshots and displays them on my desktop. I have to press SHIFT every single time with backspace now. usually, a restart works for the first couple of minutes but then it starts occurring again. my sticky, toggle, and filter keys...
  8. backspace button taking screenshots

backspace button taking screenshots: For some odd reason for my backspace takes screenshots and displays them on my desktop. I have to press SHIFT every single time with backspace now. usually, a restart works for the first couple of minutes but then it starts occurring again. my sticky, toggle, and filter keys...
  9. backspace button taking screenshots

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Enable Backspace Key to go back to the previous page in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Backspace Key to go back to the previous page in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]There are many ways to perform an action in Windows 10 or Microsoft Edge […] This article Enable Backspace Key to go back to the previous page in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why does backspace take you back to the previous page?