Windows 10: Why does Edge not allow to grab a URL?

Discus and support Why does Edge not allow to grab a URL? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; One things that regularly upsets me with Edge is that it does not offer a quick and easy way to grab and save a URL from the address field. With IE... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mmo, Dec 17, 2017.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Why does Edge not allow to grab a URL?

One things that regularly upsets me with Edge is that it does not offer a quick and easy way to grab and save a URL from the address field.
    With IE and all other browsers I know you can grab the URL (or the icon to the left of it) and drag it to your desktop, to some folder, even into many applications and this will yield a link or a shortcut (in Explorer: a .url file) that allows you to later click onto that "file" and re-open that page.
    This seems so easy and natural that it became second nature to me. Why does Edge not support this well-known "gesture"??? Beats me, what these guys must have smoked to drop that feature... :-(

I have essentially switched to Edge by now but I again and again find myself copying the URL, firing up IE again just tp paste the URL into its address fields and then grabbing the URL again from there when I "quickly" want to save a URL to a file. ||-(

:)

2. Entegy Win User

Why does wp7 not have screen grab

Because it just wasn't added in until WP8.

Entegy, Dec 17, 2017
  3. LeonoraaS Win User
    Why does wp7 not have screen grab

Why does wp7 not have a screen grab option? I feel so out of the loop with my windows phone, when my upgrade comes I'm defo getting android or IOS

LeonoraaS, Dec 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello mmo, *Smile

You should be able to right click on the address bar in Microsoft Edge to be able to copy the URL into the Clipboard like below. Sometimes it may take a moment to see the "Copy" though.

You can also select (highlight) the URL in the address bar, and press the Ctrl+C keys to copy it.

Why does Edge not allow to grab a URL? [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 18, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    My most frequently used 'gesture' is to grab a link from a page (say, a post's 'first unread' button on the TenForums 'New Posts' page) and drop it on the browser's tab bar to open it in a new tab. So easy and natural, works in IE and Firefox, but NOT in Edge. *Banghead

At least I can help speed that up - next time, click Edge's 'three dots' menu ands select 'Open with Internet Explorer'.

One word of praise for Edge - it does at least now have a 'Paste and go' option for the address bar.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does Edge not allow to grab a URL? - Similar Threads - Why does Edge

2. why is my clip grab not working is bring error for clip grab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my clip grab not working is bring error for clip grab: why is my clip grab not working is bring error for clip grab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-clip-grab-not-working-is-bring-error-for/62ede7c5-3dab-45cb-9f1a-556fe7490ec7
  3. why is my clip grab not working is bring error for clip grab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my clip grab not working is bring error for clip grab: why is my clip grab not working is bring error for clip grab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-clip-grab-not-working-is-bring-error-for/62ede7c5-3dab-45cb-9f1a-556fe7490ec7
  4. why is my clip grab not working is bring error for clip grab

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. msn does not allow articles to open in edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msn does not allow articles to open in edge?: msn does not allow articles to open in edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-does-not-allow-articles-to-open-in-edge/52d28014-b292-4312-bfd5-de9d43b71e77
  6. msn does not allow articles to open in edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msn does not allow articles to open in edge?: msn does not allow articles to open in edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-does-not-allow-articles-to-open-in-edge/52d28014-b292-4312-bfd5-de9d43b71e77
  7. why does windows not work and why is it allowed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does windows not work and why is it allowed?: i am getting so tired of this. Day in and day out I see windows not working more and more and more and more and more and more. How is it they can get away with this? Newest issue, i have no arrows on my photos. I open a photo I can not go left or right. Not one element in...
  8. Does a 'Grab Scroll' tool exist?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does a 'Grab Scroll' tool exist?: ScrollAnywhere is an extension available for most browsers that allows you to 'grab' the web page using your middle mouse button and drag the web page around to scroll. Does anyone know if something like this exists that works everywhere in Windows? There is one available for...
  9. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar: This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me. As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most popular" and "log" happens in two chunks without a smooth scroll. The best way to describe this is if you click the "..."...
  10. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does edge not allow url drag and drop?