Windows 10: Why does 'fresh start' still install bloatware from OEM?

Discus and support Why does 'fresh start' still install bloatware from OEM? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I thought it would come clean with standard Windows 10 installation? In my case, the OEM is HP and the Windows is SL x64. I was using Get Started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by trashcanbin10, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Why does 'fresh start' still install bloatware from OEM?

I thought it would come clean with standard Windows 10 installation? In my case, the OEM is HP and the Windows is SL x64.

I was using Get Started from Windows Defender Security Center app.

:)

trashcanbin10, Jun 8, 2017
  2. Mike_Keys Win User

"Fresh Start" option with Windows 10 Creators update?

Fresh start removes all bloatware that comes with machine, so performing a fresh start is like performing a clean install with an updated Windows 10. The recovery hidden partition from OEM's is not affected.

You can refer to this
    article
    for more info.

Hope it helps.

Mike_Keys, Jun 8, 2017
  3. WizardWN Win User
    Upgrade v.s. Fresh Install Why does the Start Menu look so different... and less flexible?

Hello,

In this fast changing world, user do not have time to click on All Apps button. They do not know what a App means or they just miss Windows 8 clutter!!!!!!!!!!

WizardWN, Jun 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Why does 'fresh start' still install bloatware from OEM?

Hi, I don't know what you've bought. New laptops supplied with an OS typically come with trialware and manufacturer originated utilities.

I bought my laptop with no OS and did a clean install of nothing but the OS.

You can do the same if you wish- the Tutorial section (or Google etc) can show you how to download Win 10.

Or there's this
    The PC Decrapifier

As to 'why'? Although it's unclear what you're referring to, how about marketing?

dalchina, Jun 8, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    OEMs often include a custom configuration so that doing a reset will include their software and, more importantly, their device-specific drivers. This means that resetting the PC is their 'Factory reset' option without the need for a separate recovery partition. That could use up 10-15GB of your hard drive , as was the case for previous versions of Windows.

If you make a Recovery Drive to a USB with the 'include system files' box ticked this will include these OEM customisations. This is the Windows 10 equivalent of making the OEM factory restore media.

If you want a plain-vanilla Windows 10 without anything from the OEM you'll need to do a clean install using media downloaded from Microsoft.

Bree, Jun 8, 2017
  6. GDV
    gdv Win User
    I have no direct experience with this, but it appears this post may be relevant if your PC has UEFI firmware and if HP has embedded an OEM executable in the “Windows Platform Binary Table” (WPBT) section of the PC’s UEFI firmware to install HP's drivers and bloatware. The post describes how to verify whether your system is set up this way by checking for a file named wpbbin.exe in the C:\Windows\system32 directory.

(The post also links to a How-to-Geek article with more detailed information.)

7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Click on Get Started again and read the blue box that pops up. It states in the blue box: "Any store apps installed by your manufacturer will also be kept". It did exactly what it stated it was going to do.

Why does 'fresh start' still install bloatware from OEM? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 8, 2017
  8. reddice Win User

Using the official Microsoft creation tool I decrapified two Dell computers and one HP. After which doing a reset will not restore all the trialware junk.

reddice, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does 'fresh start' still install bloatware from OEM? - Similar Threads - Why does 'fresh

2. Bloatware free "fresh start" in 20H2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bloatware free "fresh start" in 20H2?: Hi, I have a new HP desktop that is on version 20H2. Using "reset this PC" for a clean bloatware free reinstall and the tutorial I am following from the May 2020 update speaks of a toggle under "additional settings" > "change settings" that said: "restore preinstalled apps?"...
  3. Why is fresh install from media creation tool installing so much bloatware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is fresh install from media creation tool installing so much bloatware?: Fresh USB iso from creation tool.. it's installing skype and solitaire and fking angry birds and so much crap? wth is going on? how do I get an actual FRESH INSTALL submitted by /u/No_Imagination_3432 [link] [comments]...
  4. Geforce driver breaks fresh install of windows from OEM disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Geforce driver breaks fresh install of windows from OEM disk.: I have been trying to reinstall windows 10 for the past couple of days. Every time I reach the desktop it installs the nvidia driver automatically but this renders my desktop unusable. Programs start but the window stays hidden no matter what. Very few things actually work. I...
  5. Fresh install needed but no OEM disc

Fresh install needed but no OEM disc: Win 10 Home Ver 1903 Build 18362.778 No disc because this Dell didn't come with one. This has been my main desktop since Dec 2013. The OS has developed strange system problems* that I'm afraid might transfer over to an upgrade. Today's question is: I'd rather do a clean...
  6. Fresh windows install, still BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh windows install, still BSODs: I'm having trouble identifying the cause of numerous BSODs and hoping someone can be of some help. The first few BSODs would happen during gaming sessions which resulted in > irql_not_less_or_equal > nvlddmkm.sys. I tried updating video card drivers, then completely removing...
  7. Bloatware not automatically installed.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bloatware not automatically installed.: As far as I know, Windows 10 automatically installs unwanted bloatware silently without permission (ex. Candy Crush). However, i tried to install Windows 10 in a virtual machine with the following steps without itself installing the bloatware. 1. Create a virtual machine...
  8. Start From Fresh

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start From Fresh: I have, for over a year had problems because of having, somehow, a new user folder created as UserName.MachineName. I tried all of the steps I was advised on 30 October 2017 by, amongst others, Darleen Pen, Donna Men, and by reading similar problems that Vijayj.r had...
  9. Fresh install - disable automatic driver installation from the start

Fresh install - disable automatic driver installation from the start: I'd like to do a fresh windows 10 installation but I noticed before that right away at the beginning windows 10 starts downloading/installing the drivers from microsoft servers. Is there a way to disable this from the start and just manually install the drivers. Win10 always...
  10. Clean Install may still reinstall Mfr's Bloatware

Clean Install may still reinstall Mfr's Bloatware: From full article here - Zombie Crapware: How the Windows Platform Binary Table Works Microsoft added a new feature to Windows 8 that allows manufacturers to infect the UEFI firmware with crapware. Windows will continue installing and resurrecting this junk software even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will windows fresh start remove hidden oem recovery partitions which would reinstall bloatware and unwanted apps