Windows 10: Why does help not work?

Discus and support Why does help not work? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I run into an issue with Windows 10, and there's a "get help" button, or link, or question mark, or whatever, when I click the critter, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DreamlessDancer, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Why does help not work?

Every time I run into an issue with Windows 10, and there's a "get help" button, or link, or question mark, or whatever, when I click the critter, it opens Edge, and goes to the webpage touting the (un)awesome and (non)working features of Windows 10.

What's up with that, brand new operating system already so forked up you got to hide the problems and polish the shinies?

:)

DreamlessDancer, Aug 3, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Why does help not work?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Why does help not work?

1. Why does help not work? - Similar Threads - Why does help

2. Why does my backslash not work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my backslash not work?: All other keys work perfectly fine, but when I type with my backslash, it gives random characters from the 3rd row of a keyboard. KASDFHL\;'456GJ. It also applies CAPS LOCK. If wondering, I use a GMMK keyboard and have reset my settings several times for it....
  3. why does windows not work and why is it allowed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does windows not work and why is it allowed?: i am getting so tired of this. Day in and day out I see windows not working more and more and more and more and more and more. How is it they can get away with this? Newest issue, i have no arrows on my photos. I open a photo I can not go left or right. Not one element in...
  4. Help Button Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help Button Does Not Work: Hey so my windows 10 help button does not work https://i.imgur.com/GSyaL7Z.png . I click it and even spam click but nothing will make it open. I also updated my windows 10 laptop also but still wont work and also turned on my windows 10 antivirus stuff that I had off for a...
  5. Booting does not work, why?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Booting does not work, why?: Hello yesterday my laptop hung up, after a classic on and off came only "Vaio" and that was it... Today I wanted to reboot it... (not for the first time) classic setup downloaded to a USB... reboot via disk... etc. during the Windows10 installation but what happens to me that...
  6. Why does this not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does this not work: I have a .reg and bat file that I thought used to work but doesn't work right any more. It only works if I shift+right click on a file, but not on a directory. AddisItaLink.reg: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\isLink] @="Is This a Link"...
  7. why does not big games work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does not big games work: my coumpter saying program terminated Ox771CE75D ON MY BIG FISH GAMES ERORS THEY WONT LET PLAY THEM HELP ME PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-not-big-games-work/d1fd5dc4-84cc-4b36-a505-0278271ddd35
  8. Why does INSERT not work here ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does INSERT not work here ????: When I try to insert some text copied from another place ... it won't insert here ! Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-insert-not-work-here/eca81313-9225-4298-bc56-679f3f5434ff
  9. why does the support chat not work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does the support chat not work?: why does the support chat not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-support-chat-not-work/58c6c607-f91c-49a3-b350-1f978f2e9717
  10. Why does restore not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does restore not work: I have recently had cause to use the Restore function to overcome problems. But is goes through the motions but ends with a failure message saying restore did not work....