Windows 10: why does microsoft have to have so much space for their updates?

Discus and support why does microsoft have to have so much space for their updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My new laptop ,I'm using Microsoft windows 18,and needs so much space to do updates, why??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by patr2877, Aug 11, 2018.

1. patr2877 Win User

why does microsoft have to have so much space for their updates?

My new laptop ,I'm using Microsoft windows 18,and needs so much space to do updates, why??

:)

patr2877, Aug 11, 2018

2. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 11, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond why does microsoft have to have so much space for their updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 11, 2018
  4. OSdevr Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

1. why does microsoft have to have so much space for their updates? - Similar Threads - why does microsoft

2. Why is reactivation so hard and yet Microsoft does not seem to have a clue?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is reactivation so hard and yet Microsoft does not seem to have a clue?: So I went on line and looked the info up to upgrade my hardware to Windows 11 Pro Compatible, machine is attached to my account and move to new hardware and the license does not activate. Yes I rant the commands to see if it was a retail license and yes it came back it was. I...
  3. Why is reactivation so hard and yet Microsoft does not seem to have a clue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is reactivation so hard and yet Microsoft does not seem to have a clue?: So I went on line and looked the info up to upgrade my hardware to Windows 11 Pro Compatible, machine is attached to my account and move to new hardware and the license does not activate. Yes I rant the commands to see if it was a retail license and yes it came back it was. I...
  4. Why is reactivation so hard and yet Microsoft does not seem to have a clue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why does bluetooth suck so much

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why does bluetooth suck so much: bought a brand new computer that had bluetooth built in but it's complete, useless garbage. totally unusable. even when i'm right in front of the pc it's just constantly dropping audio and going fucking crazy isolating audio to one side then the other. bought a usb and it...
  6. Why does this take so much storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does this take so much storage: [ATTACH] Why does it take so much space!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-take-so-much-storage/3402a448-26b1-4bcc-bdb2-8447ddd1d4fd
  7. Why does this take so much usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does this take so much usage?: [ATTACH] As the title says, why? I never seen my ram been used this much before, think it was since the last Win10 update. https://preview.redd.it/ge43tu0klfs41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=f633ebd54bcbc42509259912732f289efb7c87da submitted by /u/MilkyMoo27...
  8. why does svchost.exe download/upload so much ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does svchost.exe download/upload so much ?: svchost.exe download/upload uses too much of my internet allowance. Why? How do I stop it or manage it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-svchostexe-downloadupload-so-much/d946cac9-bff1-4363-9844-9dbf14c4febf
  9. 32GB hard drive on laptop, why does free space vary so much?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32GB hard drive on laptop, why does free space vary so much?: Sometimes there's <1GB free, sometimes >5GB, usually about 2. I have a 64 GB usb drive that I leave attached all the time, but what I don't understand is why the free space varies so much? It's an ssd hd, windows 10, about a year old. I think the Windows updates are an...
  10. why does windows defender miss so much

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does windows defender miss so much: Im currently running win10 and got infested with updane 230 files and locations. and windows defender did not find 1 .. I ran it as a start up , full scan and nothing. I dont think Microsoft should not be pushing this as this is all you need.. I installed Malwarebytes and...