Windows 10: why does microsoft think I want everything they think I want

Discus and support why does microsoft think I want everything they think I want in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I only play spider solitaire 2 suits random and have for a long time, I always play as guest because I do not need an xbox or the stupid name I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jburg, Nov 28, 2017.

1. jburg Win User

why does microsoft think I want everything they think I want

I only play spider solitaire 2 suits random and have for a long time, I always play as guest because I do not need an xbox or the stupid name I was given by Microsoft. Yesterday Microsoft discovered data from windows 8 cloud and downloaded it, I didn't want it and now I only have the option of playing solvable games of solitaire. I don't want that either. How can I put the games to random and delete the xbox option.

:)

jburg, Nov 28, 2017
  2. Skooney86 Win User

Why does Microsoft think they know better than me what time I will update my computer?

The option to schedule an update time on my Home edition of Windows 10 was greyed out. I am now officially losing money because my computer is going into a multiple hour update in the middle of the day.

Why can I not change the scheduled time? Why, even when the option to notify me to schedule updates is selected, is my choice of update time overwritten?

Why is the default time not in the middle of the night?

I've stuck with Windows for years because of customizability, but now Apple is starting to look better.

Skooney86, Nov 28, 2017
  3. DonL6 Win User
    I don't think I want this "UPGRADE?" anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to cancel my reservations before this piece of c**p ruins my computers and I'm stuck with only a tablet and phone.

I think I may just shut off auto update so it can't continue "failing". This all reminds me of the pharmaceutical ads only in this case the disclaimers/fine print, are only now beginning to appear.

DonL6, Nov 28, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there.
    @jburg

If you like those old games - I play them too -- especially Spider Solitaire --try with 4 suits --tricky !!! you can get the old W7 versions to run on W10. You'll have to google as whenever I post the link it gets deleted -- perhaps some Ms copyright issue here though. The file is readily available and works even with the latest W10 update.

I also don't want Ad ridden Ms stuff from the store.

Here's the classic spider solitaire -- no ads etc - 4 suit mode -- and incredibly difficult to solve -- these games are of course all random. I'm on W10 X64 Pro -- latest update.

why does microsoft think I want everything they think I want [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 12, 2017
  5. I'm not aware of being able to delete the xbox option.
    Maybe a system restore back to a time prior to the windows 8 cloud download might help.

MeAndMyComputer, Dec 12, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    Xbox will do nothing until started manually (click on it).

CountMike, Dec 12, 2017
  7. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Dec 12, 2017
  8. why does microsoft think I want everything they think I want

Josey Wales, Dec 12, 2017
  9. essenbe Win User
    Thanks Josey. I did it a while ago. I don't know if it really disabled it or not, but I have had no issues with XBox kicking in.

essenbe, Dec 12, 2017
  10. I was referring to One Drive. Xbox does not do anything unless you turn it on Like Mike said.

Josey Wales, Dec 12, 2017
  11. HI,
    I ran across some of the stuff shutup10 does *Shock

ThrashZone, Dec 13, 2017
  12. ^^ I have never used that program..

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. why does microsoft think I want everything they think I want - Similar Threads - why does microsoft

2. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  3. Who does microsoft think they are?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Who does microsoft think they are?: I'm trying to access sites for my business and Microsoft keeps saying you need to ask to use this site. EVERY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FIX THIS ARE WRONG ON THIS SITE. If you comment with a link to this **** of a site that is microsoft.com i hope you receive a...
  4. Who does microsoft think they are?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why does Microsoft think I am offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft think I am offline: So obviously I am connected to the internet but Winbdows 10 thinks that I am offline with that little disconnected globe icon in the taskbar so therefore my onedrive and other office apps think I am offline. I have no clue why it thinks that I am offline but I at least get a...
  6. Why does Microsoft think I am offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft think I am offline: So obviously I am connected to the internet but Winbdows 10 thinks that I am offline with that little disconnected globe icon in the taskbar so therefore my onedrive and other office apps think I am offline. I have no clue why it thinks that I am offline but I at least get a...
  7. Why does Microsoft think I am offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Microsoft Defender thinks it is the Pentagon and I want it removed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender thinks it is the Pentagon and I want it removed.: So I'm posting this here, in public, because you don't have a private email address. I suggest if you don't want me to slam you on a public forum that you provide easier and more confidential ways to contact you. Frankly I'm not impressed with your company but I'm just stuck...
  9. I didn't want to pay for this app I think I got scamd

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I didn't want to pay for this app I think I got scamd: I have been hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-didnt-want-to-pay-for-this-app-i-think-i-got/348ff217-cc7f-49d8-b20b-04dbb394cda7
  10. Random BSODs (I think it's because of overheating, want to be sure)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs (I think it's because of overheating, want to be sure): DESKTOP-M1F24N3-(2020-07-19_03-39-12).zip - Google Drive windows ver 2004 19041.388 I had an upgrade for my CPU, RAM, MOBO and 1 new SSD so I'm pretty sure the stock cooling just can't handle that and that's what is causing the crashes, however I have no idea what I'm...