Windows 10: Why does my computer only read half of my RAM?!

Discus and support Why does my computer only read half of my RAM?! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. My computer displays that I have 8gb of ram. However, when I got the computer, it had 16. Are the ram cards fused or broken, or is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OfficialReeceYT, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Why does my computer only read half of my RAM?!

Hello.

My computer displays that I have 8gb of ram. However, when I got the computer, it had 16. Are the ram cards fused or broken, or is it something to do with unactivated Win 10 Edu?

Thanks for any help yall can provide.

:)

OfficialReeceYT, Jan 12, 2017
  2. DjBiddle Win User

Why does my windows 7 computer not read my Nokia lumia 900 windows 7 phone as a disc drive ? Where is the information on importing my business docs and syncing my gmail calander

I think Microsoft have made a big mistake overlooking this facility - our company had Windows Phones unaware of this inability - they come up for renewal next month - we won't be having Windows phones.

DjBiddle, Jan 12, 2017
  3. DjBiddle Win User
    Why does my windows 7 computer not read my Nokia lumia 900 windows 7 phone as a disc drive ? Where is the information on importing my business docs and syncing my gmail calander

Just thought I would respond to this now we have changed affections. TBH - Microsoft should have thought of this in the first place. A windows phone connecting to a windows pc and can't transfer files - shouldn't need customer feedback. For some reason
    we were unable to update our Windows phones to 8 anyway so adding functionality at this late stage was pointless.

At the end of the day most business is generated by recommendations and word of mouth. Anyone who has asked me what I thought of my Windows phone got a very succinct response - not much cop!!!

DjBiddle, Jan 12, 2017
  4. bookfox Win User

Why does my computer only read half of my RAM?!

I first thought you might be running the 32 bit Win 10, but it would max at 4 GB not 8 GB. Did you upgrade from say, Win 8 to 10? Check that your BIOS version is current?

bookfox, Jan 12, 2017
  5. Caledon Ken, Jan 12, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Did you check when first receiving/setting up the computer that it actually had 16GB? It's not unheard of to purchase a product with certain specs only to find it had been changed, whether in assembly or in the shipping department.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why does my computer only read half of my RAM?!

1. Why does my computer only read half of my RAM?! - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. why my taskbar is only half?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my taskbar is only half?: laptop ku windows 11 dan saya mendapati bahwa ada taskbar bug yaitu taskbar hanya muntul setengah/sepotong saja. Saya sudah mencoba mengubahnya di setings tetapi malah makin parah. Andaikan saya bisa mengupload file fotonya saya bisa menunjukannya, tetapi entah mengapa saya...
  3. why my taskbar is only half?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my taskbar is only half?: laptop ku windows 11 dan saya mendapati bahwa ada taskbar bug yaitu taskbar hanya muntul setengah/sepotong saja. Saya sudah mencoba mengubahnya di setings tetapi malah makin parah. Andaikan saya bisa mengupload file fotonya saya bisa menunjukannya, tetapi entah mengapa saya...
  4. Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM: Hey, I have installed 16GB RAM, the entire RAM is 15,9GB but only 9,4GB is available. Is this "normal"? Picture is in german sorry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-only-the-half-of-my-physical-memory/0b58de63-bbe5-4198-9cdb-d47fa456fa68
  5. Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM: Hey, I have installed 16GB RAM, the entire RAM is 15,9GB but only 9,4GB is available. Is this "normal"? Picture is in german sorry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-only-the-half-of-my-physical-memory/0b58de63-bbe5-4198-9cdb-d47fa456fa68
  6. Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Only Half Of My Ram is Usable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Half Of My Ram is Usable.: So for Context, I have 32Gbs of ram installed on my PC and it only shows 16 Gbs as useable. It used to only have 16Gbs installed and only 8Gbs usable until I ordered more ram. I've tried and looked for the fix online but everyone just says make sure maximum memory is turned...
  8. Only half Ram available?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only half Ram available?: Hello, in the PC information I am shown that I only have half of my ram available. I also notice in various games that the FPS start to fluctuate, I think this is also due to it. Does anyone know how I can fix this? CPU: Ryzen 7 1800x GPU: Radeon RX580 RAM: 16GB DDR4 Nur...
  9. Bios reads my ram windows does not.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bios reads my ram windows does not.: I have 32gbs of ram (2 16 gbs sticks) yet windows say i only have 16 gbs of ram. I went into bios and it says the right number I've checked every stick separately and they worked i have even tried the ram in a separate computer. when i first installed the ram windows could...
  10. Why can't my computer use half of my ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't my computer use half of my ram: i've tried ticking the maximum allocated box found in "msconfig" and it still doesn't work [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-my-computer-use-half-of-my-ram/25980efc-1440-43f7-8be9-2a621d8d2f5e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer only using half of ram

2. my pc is only reading half of my ram

3. computer read only half of ram

4. My computer only recognize half of ram,
  5. why does only half of my ram respond