Windows 10: Why does my device management not have the camera function for the built in camera?

Discus and support Why does my device management not have the camera function for the built in camera? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My built in camera isn't working and I checked device manager and it didn't have the camera or imaging tab/function in it. What do I do instead to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Soren Foutz, May 21, 2024.

1. Why does my device management not have the camera function for the built in camera?

My built in camera isn't working and I checked device manager and it didn't have the camera or imaging tab/function in it. What do I do instead to get my camera to work again? I just installed Windows 11 today in hopes that would fix the camera problem but it didn't.

:)

Soren Foutz, May 21, 2024
  2. FigenIsik Win User

built in camera is not listed in device manager

Thank you so much for your effort but camera is not listed in device manager, so I cannot do what you suggested. Thank you.

FigenIsik, May 21, 2024
  3. In-built camera "dropping out" of device manager

My in-built camera on my HP All-in-one pc has suddenly started "dropping out"

If I look in device manager the camera isn't listed, but a usb device is highlighted as an issue, if I disable then enable that usb device the camera returns to the Device manager listing and works perfectly. Then, after a shutdown or putting the pc to
    sleep the camera is not listed/working.

I haven't made any particular changes that I'm aware would provoke this issue.

See screenshots below - as I say, once the erroring usb device is dis/enables the camera is listed and works fine

Any help much appreciated!

Why does my device management not have the camera function for the built in camera? edbaeb7e-f22f-4a33-aa1e-aa738c7423b5?upload=true.jpg

EvetsSnomis, May 21, 2024
  4. Why does my device management not have the camera function for the built in camera?

Built in camera

Hi Roy,

The issue you are experiencing with the built-in camera on your device might be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the cause of this issue, we would be gathering additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • Have you tried updating the driver of the built-in camera?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

Charianne Per, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Why does my device management not have the camera function for the built in camera?

1. Why does my device management not have the camera function for the built in camera? - Similar Threads - Why does device

2. in built camera does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in built camera does not work: Camera light is on but when opened the background is grey with a camera icon and one line going through it. There is no image on either the photo or video. I have tried using my F8 button but this doesn't work. I have the latest drivers and I have checked my Antivirus as well...
  3. Why does my device management not have the camera function for the built in camera?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my device management not have the camera function for the built in camera?: My built in camera isn't working and I checked device manager and it didn't have the camera or imaging tab/function in it. What do I do instead to get my camera to work again? I just installed Windows 11 today in hopes that would fix the camera problem but it didn't....
  4. Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager: My HP Victus 16 laptop running Windows 11 22H2 is not detecting the built-in webcam after installing and removing Camo Studio software from the Microsoft Store. The device manager shows the device as disconnected, saying "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to...
  5. Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager: My HP Victus 16 laptop running Windows 11 22H2 is not detecting the built-in webcam after installing and removing Camo Studio software from the Microsoft Store. The device manager shows the device as disconnected, saying "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to...
  6. camera does not show on device manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    camera does not show on device manager: My camera does not work as it does not show on Device Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/camera-does-not-show-on-device-manager/7619b73b-c762-4a31-addd-1a282c6a3ff9
  7. My Built In Camera is not Showing in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Built In Camera is not Showing in Device Manager: My Built In Camera is not Showing in Device Manager Hi, I have a MSI G75 Raider; the laptop had a HD Webcam in the computer. I've been looking solutions to solve this problem for months but I just hit a huge wall and I'm out of options. When I clicked camera a black...
  8. In-built camera "dropping out" of device manager

In-built camera "dropping out" of device manager: My in-built camera on my HP All-in-one pc has suddenly started "dropping out" If I look in device manager the camera isn't listed, but a usb device is highlighted as an issue, if I disable then enable that usb device the camera returns to the Device manager listing and...
  9. My built-in camera doesn't show up in device manager

My built-in camera doesn't show up in device manager: I have an Asus G751JT laptop. After I reinstalled windows 10 on it, the built-in camera has completely stopped working or being detected. Nothing shows up in device manager, I don't even have an imaging devices section in it. There are no unknown devices. The only strange...
  10. My Built In Camera is not Showing in Device Manager

My Built In Camera is not Showing in Device Manager: Hi, I have a HP ENVY x360 laptop; the laptop had a HD Webcam + Dual Mic installed in the computer. I found out yesterday that the webcam is not found in my computer. When I clicked camera a black screen appeared saying "We can't find your camera" with an error code...