Windows 10: Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?

Discus and support Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Its one of those security and maintenance alerts that pops up in the action center every time I restart. When I click it takes me to settings but I've... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KeithJB, Mar 6, 2016.

1. KeithJB Win User

Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?

Its one of those security and maintenance alerts that pops up in the action center every time I restart. When I click it takes me to settings but I've already verified my ID so there doesn't seem to be anything to do. I'd appreciate any ideas...

:)

KeithJB, Mar 6, 2016

2. Staying logged in to Microsoft Account

No the question was not how to sign in and I wrote that I clicked " Keep me signed in" The question was why does Microsoft " signs me out and I have to sign back in on a regular basis"

ChipDetwiler, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Why does my Windows 10 PC keep logging me into temporary profile?

My computer keeps logging me into a temporary profile. I am using Windows 10. I would like to get my files back.

RobertZmijewski, Mar 6, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Read this tutorial and Use option #1 If yours is set to ask for password, just un-check, and reboot.
    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

OldMike65, Mar 6, 2016
  5. KeithJB Win User
    Thanks, Mike, I followed your steps and when I rebooted, it showed two users - Keith with my email address (MS ID) and just Keith (Presumably a local user). Well, I chose me with the email and entered my pin - is that right. I haven't seen the warning yet to verify my MS id but I need to give it time - it doesn't happen every time I log in...

KeithJB, Mar 6, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    I only use 1 account, I don't use my local account, also no pin, so when I reboot, or turn my computer off, it takes me right to my desktop.....everytime. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 6, 2016
  7. KeithJB Win User
    Well, this is for my laptop so I do want a pin but I think I may be all set now. Let em give it a day or 2 - a few reboot cycles, then I'll mark this as solved *Smile

I've never heard of that netplwiz tool but its interesting.

I have a quick follow-up if you don't mind Mike, in case it's related.

On the sign in screen, it displays the time in AM/PM format whereas I have my computer set for military time (I prefer that!). Now on my desktop, which I thought was the same, the sign in screen does display in 24 hour time. It doesn't really matter per se but I wondered if there's something in the way my user is set up that's a problem and may affect something else? One more related minor issue. Is there a way to change my c:\users\keith directory name to Keith with a capital K - also to match my desktop? I tried to change the user name in netplwiz but it made no difference.

Thanks so much!

KeithJB, Mar 6, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Sorry I don't think you can change your user name in your folder ...even to a capital K Think you would have to create a new user account to do so. Lot of work just to change 1 letter. *Confused On changing the time.....not sure, but you might be able too, try looking in your settings for Time Format .... Just type Time Format in your windows search window.

OldMike65, Mar 6, 2016
  9. KeithJB Win User
    Yeah, I wouldn't go to all that trouble Mike just to fix the "k". I thought I might be able to rename it easily but apparently not. Its no big deal. Anyway, thanks again Mike. I'm gonna give this a day or so, as I said, then mark it solved. *Smile

KeithJB, Mar 6, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok Keith Take care.....*Smile

OldMike65, Mar 6, 2016
  11. KeithJB Win User
    darn - didn't work *Sad I got a prompt today saying I need to sign in to verify my MS account again. Any more ideas?

KeithJB, Mar 7, 2016
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    OldMike65, Mar 7, 2016
  13. KeithJB Win User

I have already verified my account once though - I don't have the "verify" link on the accounts page in settings

KeithJB, Mar 7, 2016
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Keith did you try option #2 ...... then go to the 3rd choice check that option out , on the tutorial please.

3. Enter the code you received, check the I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code. box, and click/tap on Submit.

OldMike65, Mar 7, 2016
  15. KeithJB Win User
    ok well I signed in but it didn't ask for a code because I've previously told it to trust but then I looked at the security settings per option 3 and when I wanted to go to security, it wanted to send me a code so I got one and entered it and told it to trust this device again. Maybe that has fixed it? I didn't do the step of removing all trusted devices in option 3 but I could....

KeithJB, Mar 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"? - Similar Threads - Why does user

2. Windows asking me to sign out my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asking me to sign out my account: I just upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. It was fine at first and then when I turn on my laptop, it took so long for me to get in after I put my pin and when I get in, it's asking me to sign out my account and says this problem can often be fixed by signing out of my...
  3. Why does my onedrive sign in tell me my microsoft account doesnt exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my onedrive sign in tell me my microsoft account doesnt exist?: I changed my email to my microsoft account and currently logged into the website but when i try to login to my onedrive it says my email doesnt exist....
  4. Why does my onedrive sign in tell me my microsoft account doesnt exist?

Why does my onedrive sign in tell me my microsoft account doesnt exist?: I changed my email to my microsoft account and currently logged into the website but when i try to login to my onedrive it says my email doesnt exist....
  5. My file explorer keeps asking me to sign in to wrong account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My file explorer keeps asking me to sign in to wrong account.: When I click on it it points me to sign in screen from an old client's orgnisation that I had an email account. When I try to sign in with a different account I click on my current email and it loops back to the old client's sign in page. This organisation is deleted from my...
  6. My file explorer keeps asking me to sign in to wrong account.

My file explorer keeps asking me to sign in to wrong account.: When I click on it it points me to sign in screen from an old client's orgnisation that I had an email account. When I try to sign in with a different account I click on my current email and it loops back to the old client's sign in page. This organisation is deleted from my...
  7. Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?: Signing into my first new computer in a while and microsoft asks for my Email, ok I can provide that, then my password, sure got that too, then it asks me for my account password which is somehow different than my normal password? Where am I supposed to find that information...
  8. windows 10 keeps asking me to sign in with my microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 keeps asking me to sign in with my microsoft account: I newly installed Windows 10 Home on my granddaughter's computer. I couldn't find a way to enable a "local account" during the setup screens so I hit the skip I'll do it later button. About every 3 days now when she wakes the computer the setup screen for signing into your...
  9. Why does Cortana need me to sign in to my MIcrosoft account?

in Cortana
    Why does Cortana need me to sign in to my MIcrosoft account?: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4046854/cortana-use-microsoft-account I don't like this policy!!! Corporate rules don't allow me to change my login to microsoft account You need to be more flexible in your software design!!!...
  10. Microsoft Apps Keep Asking Me To Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Apps Keep Asking Me To Sign In: Hi, I have problems with Windows 10 (Build 18351). All Microsoft apps - One Drive, Store, Outlook, Powerpoint etc. etc. keep asking me to sign into my Windows account whenever I open them, even though I am logged into my PC OK with the account. This has been going on for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why does my microsoft keep asking for a sign in

2. why does windows keep asking to sign back in