Windows 10: Why does notification box say wifi needs attention?

Discus and support Why does notification box say wifi needs attention? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every so often I get a notification in the notification box that my wifi needs attention. Clicking on the notification brings me to Settings>WiFi, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by flycaster, May 16, 2017.

1. flycaster Win User

Why does notification box say wifi needs attention?

Every so often I get a notification in the notification box that my wifi needs attention. Clicking on the notification brings me to Settings>WiFi, but as there is no indication what's wrong or what to do, I'm at a loss what to do next. As far as I can tell my wifi is functioning properly.

:)

flycaster, May 16, 2017

2. Wi-Fi Connection

In the WiFi tab, there is a 'notify me when new networks are found' check box. That does drop a notification down from the top of the screen when it finds one, but that doesn't stay there. You have to see it drop and tap it, and it will take you into the
    WiFi setings to accept that network. You of course just need to leave WiFi on.

Sven Johannsen, May 16, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Why does the Cortana box say "I'm Cortana. Ask me anything." when she is being set up?

What do you think she should say?

BulldogXX, May 16, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Are you on your own network or a public network when this happens? Post a screenshot of the message, along with if you are running any third party security software, since that can cause issues. The other would be a IP conflict maybe that is popping that message.

bro67, May 17, 2017
  5. flycaster Win User
    I'm on my own network and use Avast Internet Security. I'll post a screen shot of the message the next time it appears.

flycaster, May 17, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Do not need a screenshot. Check to see if Avast has flagged your network as a Unsafe or Public Wifi. Third Party Security software is the first item to diagnose for something happening. If you disable Avast or uninstall, then the problem should fix itself. Avast, AVG and a few others have been known to cause this isue.

bro67, May 24, 2017
  7. flycaster Win User
    Thanks. I think I can live with the false alert. Better to have than not to use Avast.

flycaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does notification box say wifi needs attention? - Similar Threads - Why does notification

2. What needs your attention - Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What needs your attention - Virtual Box: My laptop's windows update never worked since 2022. Recently I decided to fix this, and tried to download the updates from the Downloaded Windows 10 Site. I pressed "Update now" and finished the download without any issues. The problems started after the download, when I got...
  3. What needs your attention - Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What needs your attention - Virtual Box: My laptop's windows update never worked since 2022. Recently I decided to fix this, and tried to download the updates from the Downloaded Windows 10 Site. I pressed "Update now" and finished the download without any issues. The problems started after the download, when I got...
  4. What needs your attention - Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. mail keeps saying account needs attention?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail keeps saying account needs attention?: I am trying to add my email account from a domain that I own to mail & it keeps saying the account needs attention and then I have to reenter the password, but it keeps saying account needs attention. I already did the repair the mail app. that didnt fix it either....
  6. mail keeps saying account needs attention?

mail keeps saying account needs attention?: I am trying to add my email account from a domain that I own to mail & it keeps saying the account needs attention and then I have to reenter the password, but it keeps saying account needs attention. I already did the repair the mail app. that didnt fix it either....
  7. icloud emails says needs attention

icloud emails says needs attention: I have tried fixing and managing the account.I have gone into settings and checked incoming and outgoing mail.I still have a hazard on the lap top,and password is all correct.I can get mail on the iphone ,but not through the lap top.Anybody have the answer please?...
  8. Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Notification say 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications?: Notification says 6 new notifications but action center says No new notifications. The 6 is still there but never do I ever see notifications in the action center when I used to for the first couple months after I upgraded to Windows 10 in December 2017. This has been...
  9. Does This Registry Need Attention?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does This Registry Need Attention?: Out of curiosity I ran CCleaner on the registry in G's HP Laptop. Little machine has never had an issue of any kind and runs well. Gets very limited use, mostly checking her bank account now and then. There are 908 lines of this : Installer Reference Issue +...
  10. How to stop these slide-out notifications saying "Attention required..

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop these slide-out notifications saying "Attention required..: They always say the same thing: "Attention Required for JacobsPublic" "Connect". When I click it, it opens up the MSN home page. I have no idea what's causing this and can't figure out how to make it stop. See the screenshot. [img] Any help appreciated 18192