Windows 10: Why does Send to -> Mail receipent not work correctly?

Discus and support Why does Send to -> Mail receipent not work correctly? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hmm... I am using Thunderbird as my Default Mail Client and have Outlook 2016 resident but not configured. When I do this - by right clicking on a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Compumind, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Why does Send to -> Mail receipent not work correctly?

Hmm...

I am using Thunderbird as my Default Mail Client and have Outlook 2016 resident but not configured.

When I do this - by right clicking on a Desktop Shortcut (URL) -

Why does Send to -> Mail receipent not work correctly? [​IMG]

I get this -

Why does Send to -> Mail receipent not work correctly? [​IMG]

Seems that Send to needs to point to Thunderbird, but it isn't. Any ideas before I wreck the system, lol?

BTW - I already uninstalled Windows Mail and Calendar.

TIA *Confused

:)

Compumind, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 9, 2018
  3. tmulledy Win User
    Send To Mail Recipient Issues

At some point in the last couple of weeks the Send To/Mail Recipient function has stopped working. When I select a file and do the send to, Windows starts thinking, the explorer window that I have selected this from stops taking input and then eventually, with no error messages, the explorer window closes and desktop explorer resets.

My Default mail client is Outlook 2013 (15.0.4745.1000)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

tmulledy, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to send mails from Mail app (held in Outbox)

Hi Barrie,

Thank you for updating.

Do you have stable internet connection?

I suggest you to check the date and time setting in your computer.

Please follow the below steps and check.

• Click on the Date and time at the right bottom corner of your screen.

• Click on Date and time settings and click on
      Change date and time format on right pane.
    Also try to access mail through browser and check if you are able to send and receive mail. Do check if you have seamless internet access.

Do try the steps suggested and check the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does Send to -> Mail receipent not work correctly? - Similar Threads - Why does Send

2. Why does my correct password for Windows not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my correct password for Windows not work: I changed the way I got on from Microsoft account to a local account and everything is screwed up. When trying to change it back to a Microsoft account I'm asked for the email address used and then at the very end it asks for the password to log into Windows and it tells me...
  3. Why does my correct password for Windows not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my correct password for Windows not work: I changed the way I got on from Microsoft account to a local account and everything is screwed up. When trying to change it back to a Microsoft account I'm asked for the email address used and then at the very end it asks for the password to log into Windows and it tells me...
  4. Why I can't send an e-mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't send an e-mail?: Why I can't send an e-mail and what to do to correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-send-an-e-mail/c3be8ca5-b604-481a-9e5d-3636e93af57b
  5. Why can't I send or receive mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I send or receive mail?: Why can't I send or receive mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-send-or-receive-mail/62511d52-2c84-4a73-a2fa-fc26c87db8ba
  6. Why can't I send or receive mail?

Why can't I send or receive mail?: Why can't I send or receive mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-send-or-receive-mail/62511d52-2c84-4a73-a2fa-fc26c87db8ba
  7. Windows 10 mail app - sending mail not working

Windows 10 mail app - sending mail not working: When I create new mail and send it, it disappears and does not appear anywhere else like the Outbox. I can send mail by forwarding or replying to mail but cant send using new mail. Any ideas how to fix?...
  8. sending mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending mail: i have a box come up telling me i must delete messages so i can send as it is full, i have done this but still will not allow me to send anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-mail/b2802ca4-cbe0-48f6-9935-e8c7fa0065af
  9. Send to mail recipient not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send to mail recipient not working: I use the "send to mail recipient" in the past by highlighting files, right click and selecting "send to mail recipient". An email would open in outlook with the files as attachments. When I do this now file explorer closes and no email is created. I have windows 10 and use...
  10. Mail App is not working correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App is not working correctly: The Mail App installed on my Windows 10 PC works incorrectly. I cannot find an option to index it so I reindexed my PC. However, Mail App is still working incorrectly...