Windows 10: Why does some .mp3 files doesn't have ThumbNails on them in Explorer?

Discus and support Why does some .mp3 files doesn't have ThumbNails on them in Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, let me make it clear first that the files i'm telling/showing you have Album Arts images within them i have checked with several "iD3 Tag editor"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Feb 25, 2018.

1. PRince4 Win User

Why does some .mp3 files doesn't have ThumbNails on them in Explorer?

Ok, let me make it clear first that the files i'm telling/showing you have Album Arts images within them i have checked with several "iD3 Tag editor" programs and they show the album arts within them and i even have put some of my own within them but still Windows File Explorer doesn't show Thumbnails on them...

What could be wrong with those files is there something that i'm missing?

Please help me out...

Image :

Why does some .mp3 files doesn't have ThumbNails on them in Explorer? [​IMG]

:)

PRince4, Feb 25, 2018

2. photo thumbnails

Why doesn't my photo files have thumbnails of the photo to view before opening? Until W-10, I could see the photos in my files before opening them. It makes them easier to see.

AndreaCastillo1, Feb 25, 2018
  3. WHy are my MP3's showing as Nokia Music Manager under Type

Does anybody know why all my MP3's now show as Nokia Music Manager files under Type in Explorer. It has to be some kind of setting, I'm thinking. Even all the tunes on my external drive show up as NMM files under type and I haven't touched them in forever.

Are there are detriments to having my tunes missing the MP3 extension. As NMM files are they still considered MP3. Haven't yet tried to update my Ipod but I fear problems.

Anybody know why this happens and is ther a way to reverse it?

witsend---01, Feb 25, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Feb 25, 2018
  5. PRince4 Win User
    Okay something bizarre just happend. Now that after i followed your Tut above and change the permissions of the registries, Now when i edit files with a iD3 Tag editor software i'm getting the thumbnails of those .mp3(s) after saving and refreshing the same folder in Explorer. Well i guess I've got the solution but it's still not enough, then i think it's something related with the .mp3(s) itself i guess some of the files that i showed above doesn't have iD3 2.4 tag in them so after saving them without modifying i'm getting the thumbnails of the album art.

Well not the thing i was looking for but something that'll work...

Thanks for your Help *Smile

PRince4, Feb 25, 2018
  6. Steve C Win User
    I've used to following free MP3 utilities to check and repair MP3 files:

• Use Tagscanner to check/edit the track details, artist, album art etc
    • Use MP3Tag to check the tags are v2.3. Cut the tag then paste it back to set v2.3 if incorrect.
    • Use MP3Test to quickly check and test for mp3 file errors
    • Use MP3Diags to check and correct mp3 files in detail. This program needs some expertise to use.

I found some of my files had two embedded album art files so I ensured only one was stored.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does some .mp3 files doesn't have ThumbNails on them in Explorer? - Similar Threads - Why does mp3

2. Why some of explorer shortcut doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why some of explorer shortcut doesn't work?: Hello, I'm having issue with my Windows 11.After some several updates within few months, I just realize that some of explorer shortcut didn't work like it should be. I have cheked in the registry but I found nothing. Shortcut that I'm issuing is Ctrl + Shift + N which it...
  3. Missing Thumbnails for .mp3 files in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Thumbnails for .mp3 files in Windows: Was using my laptop yesterday and saw that for some reason my album art wasn't showing on the .mp3 files. I restarted File Explorer via Task Manager but the issue still persisted. I then used Disk Clean-Up to clear any thumbnail cache and tried again, but still no cover art...
  4. Missing Thumbnails for .mp3 files in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Thumbnails for .mp3 files in Windows: Was using my laptop yesterday and saw that for some reason my album art wasn't showing on the .mp3 files. I restarted File Explorer via Task Manager but the issue still persisted. I then used Disk Clean-Up to clear any thumbnail cache and tried again, but still no cover art...
  5. Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3: Hi, Yesterday I installed and uninstalled a couple of trial video converters and after that my MP3 thumbnails simply stopped working.I tried all I could find, including the solutions on the thread below but nothing worked. I also tried doing a system restore, but I keep...
  6. Why file explorer doesn't have tabs ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why file explorer doesn't have tabs ?: i am struggling switching between files. everyone need tabs submitted by /u/cycadah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7mfhu/why_file_explorer_doesnt_have_tabs/
  7. mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...: hi I deleted these folders with Third party program " FolderSizes 9 " and administrator access C:\Users\Monarch\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\ImageStore...
  8. some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.

in Windows 10 Support
    some Thumbnail Previews not showing in Windows File Explorer,some do.: Hello,as in the title: In one specific folder some thumbnail previews show up,some do not. They have the same extension. -Cleared the icon db. -changed folder options Windows 10. 154872
  9. Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show: Just a couple of days ago I updated Windows 10 to v1909 from v1809. However, since the update, some MP4 video files don't show their thumbnails in File Explorer like in the previous version. I have no problem with videos that have a thumbnail embedded in the file. But some...
  10. Does Win10 display small embedded art thumbnails for mp3 files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Win10 display small embedded art thumbnails for mp3 files?: For some reason the embedded art only appears with these views: Extra large icons Large icons Medium icons Tiles Content With the other views, a small icon of the default player is displayed. Is it possible for explorer to display small embedded art fot these other...