Windows 10: Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ?

Discus and support Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, My Windows 10 home-64b works flawlessly, but I've realized that the system configuration stubbornly continues to initiate under "Selective... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pstrusi, Aug 7, 2015.

1. pstrusi Win User

Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ?

Hi All,

My Windows 10 home-64b works flawlessly, but I've realized that the system configuration stubbornly continues to initiate under "Selective Startup" instead of "Normal Startup" which makes me wonder which "services" cannot be loaded. I've tried to change it but it continues to be the same "selective Startup". This makes me uncomfortable cause possible future problems.

Does anyone have an idea why this and how can I solve it ?

Thanks

:)

pstrusi, Aug 7, 2015

2. Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ?

Hi Pier,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

The issue might occur if you haven't reset the startup to normal setup properly.

I would suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article and try to change the settings to boot normally.

Clean boot disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program
    or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer
    may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If
    the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting”
    to boot the computer in normal mode.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ?

Hi All,

My Windows 10 home-64b works flawlessly, but I've realized that the system configuration stubbornly continues to initiate under "Selective Startup" instead of "Normal Startup" which makes me wonder which
    "services" cannot be loaded. I've tried to change it but it continues to be the same "selective Startup". This makes me uncomfortable cause possible future problems.

Does anyone have an idea why this and how can I solve it ?

Thanks

PierStrusi, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Attachment 29474

You are worried over nothing - as windows 8/8.1 and 10 all use that method

Kyhi, Aug 7, 2015
  5. pstrusi Win User
    Thank you for your quick response Kyhi, it seems really to be nothing to worry about, but still since it's a normal way to startup, I continue to wonder Why does it not initiate as normal then?

pstrusi, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    it is the way the powers to be , have set it up, I guess

Kyhi, Aug 7, 2015
  7. pstrusi Win User
    I'll investigate a little bit on this, if I don't find anything to worry about, then I'll mark your response as solution. Thanks

pstrusi, Aug 7, 2015
  8. mohamed Win User

are you installing asus smart gesture

mohamed, Aug 7, 2015
  9. pstrusi Win User
    I have a portatile HP, not an Asus, still it is not the cause of the issue

pstrusi, Aug 7, 2015
  10. cyberSAR Win User
    My clean install is listed as normal startup. I have disabled a couple startup items with ccleaner also.

cyberSAR, Aug 7, 2015
  11. mohamed Win User
    asus smart gesture or ELAN's Smart chosen this option

mohamed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does system configuration stick with "Selective Startup" ? - Similar Threads - Why does system

2. System Configuration Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Configuration Diagnostic Startup: Does anyone know when Microsoft will fix the System Configuration Diagnostic Startup problem of not allowing you to sign in to your administrator account while in Diagnostic Startup?...
  3. System Configuration Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Configuration Diagnostic Startup: Does anyone know when Microsoft will fix the System Configuration Diagnostic Startup problem of not allowing you to sign in to your administrator account while in Diagnostic Startup?...
  4. in system configuration, i select normal startup, and restart, then it always goes back to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    in system configuration, i select normal startup, and restart, then it always goes back to...: in system configuration, i select normal startup, and restart, then it always goes back to selective startup? Is that normal? How do i get normal startup?...
  5. Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration

Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration: After installing Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450 on my HP 15-ba079sa Notebook, whenever I access the System Configuration Manager, I see that only the Selective startup option is available with no tick in "Use original boot configuration" Box. But, when I select the...
  6. Is selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab

Is selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab: tell one thing when I purchased my Dell laptop from dell store, then selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-selective-startup-is-set-default-in-ms/e5cf7231-b897-4003-880b-479c0b568eb7
  7. Windows 10 System Configuration Utility app always coming up with "Startup selection" set...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 System Configuration Utility app always coming up with "Startup selection" set...: Moderator: If this should've been directed to another topic, please do so. I felt like trying to select from a voice mail menu, when none of the options seems to fit. I just upgrated from Win 7 to Win 10, using thumbdrive upgrade media created using a Microsoft website....
  8. windows configuration system will not change any values from selective startup to get to...

windows configuration system will not change any values from selective startup to get to...: upgeaded to Windows 10 and the config sys is stuck in "selective startup" and I want "normal startup" with all my drivers working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-configuration-system-will-not-change-any/183eb375-d2e5-444e-90af-bd6b6d318887
  9. Select Startup not available in system config?

Select Startup not available in system config?: system configuration only has normal startup enabled and won't permit me to change to selected startup. Does anybody have a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-startup-not-available-in-system-config/20a66bbe-0b3f-43e0-b9df-d3470e4a9cdb
  10. system configuration does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    system configuration does not work: Suddely, system configuration will not work. I try to check the number of cores or change bootup and nothing will register. It use to work fine. 82827

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system config normal or selective startup how to change it