Windows 10: Why does the Browser Throw Up Localhost Page Instead of The IP Camera?

Discus and support Why does the Browser Throw Up Localhost Page Instead of The IP Camera? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently added an IP camera. Had to change it from a 10.x.x.x net to the 192.168.x.x net we've got. Doing that I screwed things up a bit it seems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abrogard, Feb 19, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

Why does the Browser Throw Up Localhost Page Instead of The IP Camera?

I recently added an IP camera. Had to change it from a 10.x.x.x net to the 192.168.x.x net we've got.

Doing that I screwed things up a bit it seems.

I had to change my computer IP to the 10.x.x.x net so's I could connect to it and change its IP.

Then change mine back.

But I got there. I gave it an IP and saw it there, saw the pics from it, with one of the bits of software I've got for that. Forget which one but it was working alright.

But: when I put the url for it in my browser I get my localhost page !

I have IIS and have an index.html page on localhost. It comes up instead of any sign of the IP cam.

What could cause that?.

:)

abrogard, Feb 19, 2018

2. why does my Lumia throw me out of the internet?

Thank you for your advice.

I have tried to look for updates for my laptop.

kathlyn1975, Feb 19, 2018
  3. why does my Lumia throw me out of the internet?

Unfortunately the Device Recovery Tool doesn't work with windows Vista. You should consider upgrading your system or try with another PC.

Stranger_Hanyo, Feb 19, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Your either entering the wrong IP or you have local host set in the host file to the wrong IP

Samuria, Feb 19, 2018
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    192.168.x.x sounds very much like the router IP. Mine is 192.168.1.1

Why does the Browser Throw Up Localhost Page Instead of The IP Camera? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Feb 19, 2018
  6. What URL are you putting in?

Can you open a command prompt, run the following commands, and paste the output to this thread?

Code: type C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts ipconfig[/quote]

PolarNettles, Feb 19, 2018
  7. abrogard Win User
    I am inputting the url 192.168.0.66 which is supposed to be the url of the camera.

Here's ipconfig etc:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost

C:\Users\dchaw>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Ethernet adapter Npcap Loopback Adapter:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::f97c:4de1:c6be:d643%14
    Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.214.67
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 1:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : gateway
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:8003:a02d:cc00:65ee:2e50:6dc:657d
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : fdc5:2321:9561:0:65ee:2e50:6dc:657d
    Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2001:8003:a02d:cc00:f480:8bb9:3d5a:c166
    Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : fdc5:2321:9561:0:f480:8bb9:3d5a:c166
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::65ee:2e50:6dc:657d%2
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.40
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::a691:b1ff:fe32:8c2e%2

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6abd:2cca:1bb9:9a58:510b
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2cca:1bb9:9a58:510b%12
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

C:\Users\dchaw>ipconfig

I got yesterday and again this morning no IPv4 and had to go the network thing and uncheck and recheck it to get it working.

Prior to fixing that I'd do a google search and get a lit of hits but could not go to any one of the links. I'd get a messed that the browser (firefox or opera) was having trouble getting that page.

Something is somewhat screwed with my setup.

And that setup is an nbn wifi/ethernet modem/router with all our home lan machines wifi connected to it.

via ethernet there is one IP camera connected via a PoE switch.

There is another IP camera intended to connect via wifi and it too has a 10.x.x.x address right now. It's on the back burner until I get this one sorted out.

abrogard, Feb 19, 2018
  8. Samuria Win User

Are you sure the camera saved the IP can you ping it or connect via another PC. Does it have special software to connect to it?

Samuria, Feb 19, 2018
  9. abrogard Win User
    Well I don't know what I did but I've fixed it. I did shut down and restart the router because someone suggested it was a router thing.

I don't know that I did anything else. I was poking around in the network adapter configuration thing - like I said had to restart the ipv4 there - but I don't know I did anything else.

The gateway IP was missing so I input that. Got a message about having two gateways or somesuch, was I sure I wanted to do it? I didn't understand so I just said 'yes' and went ahead. Maybe that fixed it?

I was also getting that if I googled something I'd get a list of hits, you know, but if I clicked on any one of them I'd get an error that it couldn't find the page. That's fixed now, too.

Sorry it has turned out such a vague uncertain thing and thanks for trying to help.

*Smile

abrogard, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does the Browser Throw Up Localhost Page Instead of The IP Camera? - Similar Threads - Why does Browser

2. The camera does not work in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The camera does not work in browsers: I have a built-in webcam in my laptop. but damn it, it doesn't work in browsers, in any at all. I tried reinstalling drivers, tried different browsers, cleaned the cache and cookies, gave/took away permissions to use the camera, checked the standard antivirus for...
  3. The camera does not work in browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The camera does not work in browsers: I have a built-in webcam in my laptop. but damn it, it doesn't work in browsers, in any at all. I tried reinstalling drivers, tried different browsers, cleaned the cache and cookies, gave/took away permissions to use the camera, checked the standard antivirus for...
  4. Why does this box pop up: "This page isn't responding" ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this box pop up: "This page isn't responding" ?: Hi. New here, so I hope I get this question right. Recently, I started getting a pop up box with the message "This page isn't responding". This seems to happen when I'm opening websites that I have saved or through email links. I did try a program called Restoro Paddle.com...
  5. Why does this box pop up: "This page isn't responding" ?

Why does this box pop up: "This page isn't responding" ?: Hi. New here, so I hope I get this question right. Recently, I started getting a pop up box with the message "This page isn't responding". This seems to happen when I'm opening websites that I have saved or through email links. I did try a program called Restoro Paddle.com...
  6. Why does this box pop up: "This page isn't responding" ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ip Camera Not Displaying

Ip Camera Not Displaying: Hello all,I was trying to configure this IP camera with the windows Ip camera feature and I was able to log in but not see an image. I was able to see an image randomly, but it randomly stopped. I looking over the internet and haven't seen anything like this. Here is a...
  8. 127.0.0.1 or localhost don't work, but ip address does?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    127.0.0.1 or localhost don't work, but ip address does?: Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and having an odd issue that I can't resolve. My browser is Edge Chromium. I have a several programs running on my PC that use a web based interface, each running on their own port. For example, 8081 is used by SickBeard. 8082 is used by...
  9. ip camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ip camera: how can i find my ip camera plugged into my router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-camera/c4719c0b-5ff7-43ef-9af0-eeffcfbc1d8c
  10. Edge browser can't access LOCALHOST type of IP addresses (build 10122

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser can't access LOCALHOST type of IP addresses (build 10122: Hi there same problem with EDGE (the new browser) - can't access localhost type of addresses. I use several media servers with Web interface for controls etc. Get around - use loopback adapter -- but why should I -- Chrome / FF / IE all work still). I don't want to...