Windows 10: why does the Windows 10 desktop screen automatically reappear?

Discus and support why does the Windows 10 desktop screen automatically reappear? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a small tablet running Windows 10, and the Desktop keeps reappearing for no good reason. I downloaded an app from the Windows Store but could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ques Tion, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Ques Tion Win User

why does the Windows 10 desktop screen automatically reappear?

I have a small tablet running Windows 10, and the Desktop keeps reappearing for no good reason. I downloaded an app from the Windows Store but could not get to it to install - the desktop reappears by itself. Apparently, Windows 7 had "Aeropeek" which allowed that, but I do not find anything in the settings of Windows 10 to stop this malady.

:)

Ques Tion, Jul 30, 2018

2. Windows 10 taskbar will reappear when app is in full screen mode.

Hello Ecarnate,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• You mean to say, the taskbar will appear on hover when app is in full screen mode?
    • Is this happening for all Windows 10 apps that can run in full screen mode?
    • If not, then for which app this is happening?
    Usually when you switch an app to full screen mode, then the taskbar will automatically hide on background. When you switch back the app to normal mode then the taskbar will reappear again. From your description, I see that taskbar is still appearing in
    full screen view.

Yes, when you scroll the mouse cursor completely to the bottom of the screen, then taskbar will reappear even in full screen mode. This is as per Windows 10 design. You can only prevent this by not moving the cursor completely to the bottom of the screen.

Suggest you to post your feedback in this regard using Windows Feedback app, which will help us to improve you experience.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. why does the Windows 10 desktop screen automatically reappear? - Similar Threads - why does desktop

2. Deleted folder reappears automatically.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder reappears automatically.: Hi, One particular folder which is on my external hard disk reappears itself after I delete it. I even emptied the recycle bin, but the folder appears again. This happens to only that particular folder. I have deleted other files and folders but none of them reappear.Thank...
  3. Why does Windows 10 not checking for updates automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows 10 not checking for updates automatically?: Because of this I have to do manually check my laptop for updates by clicking check for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-10-not-checking-for-updates/027feef7-dd2e-4dbe-99ee-9aa2659aeacf
  4. Why does Windows 10 not checking for updates automatically?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows 10 not checking for updates automatically?: Because of this I have to do manually check my laptop for updates by clicking check for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-10-not-checking-for-updates/027feef7-dd2e-4dbe-99ee-9aa2659aeacf
  5. Deleted files on Desktop reappear again. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted files on Desktop reappear again. Why?: I have this annoying problem (Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042.630) I create a file on the Desktop I delete this file - file icon disappear immediately from the desktop upon deletion, as it should I log out from windows When I log back in to windows, the file...
  6. Taskbar Automatic Reappear Does Not Work 50% of Time

Taskbar Automatic Reappear Does Not Work 50% of Time: When using my laptop, I like to keep the taskbar hidden until I need it to maximize screen space. Problem: about half the time, it fails to reappear and I have to minimize every single open window in order to get to the taskbar....
  7. Why does my windows 10 freezes on desktop screen after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my windows 10 freezes on desktop screen after startup: My windows 10 sometimes starts up with everything extremely slow. I tried opening internet browser and task manager. Both are taking forever to slow and it would then freezes without loading anything. I've had so many hard reboots before due to this problem. This problem will...
  8. Desktop disappears/reappears; no renaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop disappears/reappears; no renaming: Running Windows 10, with the latest update. Latest nVidia card update installed. When I click on the desktop, after a couple of seconds it all disappears, replaced by the background color. See that for about a second, then the desktop reappears. If I try to open a folder or...
  9. Why does the Windows Automatically restart?

Why does the Windows Automatically restart?: Just bought a new All-inOne Desktop (HP425Z) and when I am working online, for no apparent reason the computer restarts. Went to Google to lookup resolution and then to Control Panel and unchecked the automatic restart button. Thought that solved the problem. But once...
  10. Login screen reappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen reappears: While logged in the systems goes back to the login screen. I have checked all of the display and screen saver settings. But after a reboot it still happens after just a few minutes.*Sad 36716

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does screen appear disappear and reappear