Windows 10: Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed?

Discus and support Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I'm a relative newcomer to Win 10, but it's still been 10 months since I encountered this exasperating issue, and I assume it's been present... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Terrypin Win User

Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed?

Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed? [​IMG]

I'm a relative newcomer to Win 10, but it's still been 10 months since I encountered this exasperating issue, and I assume it's been present since Win 10 was launched? I can't fathom why there haven't been more complaints to get it fixed.

-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Jan 25, 2017

2. Why allow administrator option to change to guest and not allow it to be reversed?

Why does MS allow admin to choose guest and then block changing back to admin. I had to contact MS support and must now do a clean install and lose all of my installed apps. This is a fatal flaw in the system which must be addressed. I lost most of the
    control of my desktop because of this serious error.

p.jfaherty, Jan 25, 2017
  3. Windows 10 updates are the worst!

But why did you to move to Windows 10 when you can see its flaws? Just remain with Windows 7 for as long as possible.

Gaurav Kale, Jan 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Sadly that's far from the only one. It seems MS has abandoned integrated help, and there's a legacy of unresolved references like that.

Win 7 was good in this respect.

MS seems to have decided to rely on community documentation. In the same way some suggest they have axed quality assurance, they've done away with whatever section or department provided help. These leftover links are evidence of the former.

Here's another in event viewer:

Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed? [​IMG]

Mass protest? Picket their offices? Flood them with feedback via the Feedback Hub app or technet?

dalchina, Jan 25, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    I keep mentioning sloppy MS software engineering standards on this forum and this post is just another example.

Steve C, Jan 26, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Please be aware this is not an official MS forum. You need to do that via the Feedback Hub app, or MS's technet site, for example.

dalchina, Jan 26, 2017
  7. Barman58 Win User
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

Barman58, Jan 26, 2017
  8. Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed?

Just venturing a guess here, but it may not get much attention because I don't know a single person who uses the built-in help. No one goes to Microsoft for support outside of the Enterprise crowd, either). Simply put, it just isn't a big deal. You'll find far better information on forums like this or by simply Googling the issue.

DeaconFrost, Jan 26, 2017
  9. Gerry5039 Win User
    Not only that but Microsoft rarely respond to anything unless sent through their feedback means, and even then it has to be mentioned by the thousands to get a response. *Shock

Gerry5039, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does this serious flaw remain unfixed? - Similar Threads - Why does serious

2. Serious flaw in windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious flaw in windows 11 installation: So I went to windows 10 because I thought it was locking up ryzen master, it was not. I just tried to go back to windows 11, and it's stuck at let's connect to a network. How am I supposed to do that windows? You won't let me install the wifi driver ? Not allowing you to skip...
  3. Serious flaw in windows 11 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Serious flaw in windows 11 installation: So I went to windows 10 because I thought it was locking up ryzen master, it was not. I just tried to go back to windows 11, and it's stuck at let's connect to a network. How am I supposed to do that windows? You won't let me install the wifi driver ? Not allowing you to skip...
  4. Want some advice on the serious windows 10 and windows 11 flaw

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Want some advice on the serious windows 10 and windows 11 flaw: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question. Today I was reading on this flaw on windows 10 home or windows 11 home. I was wanting to now since I have an updated version of Windows 10 home 21h1 on my desktop or laptop. I am a bit concerned about this windows flaw because I...
  5. Seriously, why does this keep happening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seriously, why does this keep happening: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/racka98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4xsph/seriously_why_does_this_keep_happening/
  6. Gamer Alert: Serious Nvidia Flaw Plagues Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 News
    Gamer Alert: Serious Nvidia Flaw Plagues Graphics Driver: Nvidia issued patches for high-severity vulnerabilities in its graphics driver, which can be exploited by a local attacker to launch denial-of-service (DoS) or remote code-execution attacks. Nvidia’s graphics processing unit (GPU) display driver is used in...
  7. W10 'Encrypt contents of secure data' option remains flawed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 'Encrypt contents of secure data' option remains flawed: Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.134) Bitlocker 2.0 encrypted system 1. In File Explorer go to the C: drive and create TestEncryption folder: 2. Right-click on the TestEncryption folder and click Properties. 3. Click on the...
  8. Why does Microsoft David get laryngitis? Seriously.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft David get laryngitis? Seriously.: It would sound more serious if the question were posed more scientifically such as "why does the audio waveform of the Microsoft David read-aloud become at times distorted and its amplitude dimished" but that would not convey the question most exactly and effectively. When...
  9. PGP: Serious flaw found in secure email tech

in Windows 10 News
    PGP: Serious flaw found in secure email tech: A widely used method of encrypting emails has been found to suffer from a serious vulnerability, researchers say. PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) is a data encryption method sometimes added to programs that send and receive email. Details about the vulnerability were released by...
  10. Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??: This guy writes about security issues. Windows Secure Boot: Insecure by design and mostly likely cant be fixed | Network World 59744