Windows 10: Why Does Win 10 Constantly Need to Close Quicken 16 and True Image?

Discus and support Why Does Win 10 Constantly Need to Close Quicken 16 and True Image? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win 10 64. All software updates current. Every time I leave my computer for few hours upon returning I get this window. Any idea of what's happening? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tperk100, Sep 28, 2017.

1. tperk100 Win User

Why Does Win 10 Constantly Need to Close Quicken 16 and True Image?

Win 10 64. All software updates current. Every time I leave my computer for few hours upon returning I get this window. Any idea of what's happening? I usually get the same window for True Image. Sleep and Hibernate are disabled. This just started in the last week or so.
    Thanks
    Why Does Win 10 Constantly Need to Close Quicken 16 and True Image? [​IMG]

:)

tperk100, Sep 28, 2017
  2. Adam2326 Win User

Quicken 2015 and 2016 Freezes

Yep, NO ONE has a solution!. Most common response are 1) reinstall, 2) update patches, 3) run in comparability mode, (doesn't exist).

Bottom line, I have scoured every fix, blog, and update......QUICKEN 16 AND UP DOES NOT WORK WITH WIN 10

Adam2326, Sep 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10 unexpected shutdowns

Good morning it's Sunday morning 10/23/16 at 10:46 AM, my PC shut down last night for the first time, I do not know if this is the problem, but all my problems started when I downloaded the last update, Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems
    (KB3199209)Friday night on 10/23/16

The first time I had the shut down is when I was using Quicken 16 deluxe every time that I would click on a file in Quicken my PC was shut down. I deleted Quicken, PC did not shut back down when I clicked on other files, I reinstall Quicken last night
    and did the mandatory update in Quicken, now when I click on a file in Quicken my PC does not shut down, but I'm still having an issue that when the PC is idle it will shut down.

I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problem, after they install Windows 10 version 1607 for X 64 – based systems (KB3199209) and is using Quicken 16 deluxe, like I said, I do not know if this is the problem but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks Richard

Sir RichardWard, Sep 28, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

How about disk drive sleep options ?
    Power plan > Advanced options > Disk drives.

Why Does Win 10 Constantly Need to Close Quicken 16 and True Image? [​IMG]

CountMike, Sep 28, 2017
  5. tperk100 Win User
    Thanks Mike. I had it set to 20 minutes. Been that way forever with no problems. Set it to 0 anyway to see if it makes a difference. I kind of doubt it will.

tperk100, Sep 28, 2017
  6. tperk100 Win User
    Changing disk off time made no difference.

tperk100, Sep 30, 2017
  7. tperk100 Win User
    Solved! Turns out the problem was bad memory.

tperk100, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why Does Win 10 Constantly Need to Close Quicken 16 and True Image? - Similar Threads - Why Does Constantly

2. Why does Quicken for Windows keep closing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Quicken for Windows keep closing?: When I open Quicken for Windows, an error message pops up saying that something is wrong and Microsoft is being notified. The program then closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-quicken-for-windows-keep-closing/c5cedd48-46f3-44a0-bb48-b3345a24b840
  3. Why does Quicken for Windows keep closing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Quicken for Windows keep closing?: When I open Quicken for Windows, an error message pops up saying that something is wrong and Microsoft is being notified. The program then closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-quicken-for-windows-keep-closing/c5cedd48-46f3-44a0-bb48-b3345a24b840
  4. Acronis True Image or Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acronis True Image or Windows Security: I have found that if Acronis True Image is turned on, Windows anti-virus is turned off in my Win 10 system. I also have Malware Bytes installed. Which is the better combination: Acronis or Windows with Malware? 163369
  5. Does Win 10 need an antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Win 10 need an antivirus: Hi all, I've recently installed Win 10 x64. It has Windows Defender which is a built-in anti virus as you know. Now my question is, do I need to install another Anti virus too? If yes, what do you recommend please? And will that new one work alongside with the built-in...
  6. Why does Close not end the task?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does Close not end the task?: I've been using Microsoft products since DOS 2.10, so I understand the technical reasons, but I don't understand the design choice. If I have a program that is misbehaving/hanging etc and I right click on the icon on the Taskbar and click "close". Why does it not believe...
  7. acronis true image 2013 HELP!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    acronis true image 2013 HELP!: Hello, I'm in need of some help? I currently have acronis true image 2013 installed on my pc and friends. We both have the F11 feature turned on, but my question is their any other way to boot acronis true image without using the F11 feature? Do you think i would be able...
  8. Acronis True Image 2017 - processes

Acronis True Image 2017 - processes: I have recently installed Acronis True Image 2017 into my Win 10 pro desktop PC. Got a good deal as an upgrade offer. I only make backups on this PC as and when I feel the need to, definitely not on a weekly basis. This is not a work PC and I do not want it running backups...
  9. Acronis True Image Alternatives

Acronis True Image Alternatives: I'm looking for any alternatives to Acronis True Image, specifically the boot disk option. Is there anything else better that you can recommend that gives me bootable media (USB preferred) and will allow me to make an image of the computer and send it to a local external...
  10. Too Good to Be True - Win7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Too Good to Be True - Win7 to Win 10: I ran across and article somewhere that led me to believe if i installed Win 10 Build 9879 over Win7, it would bring all the Win 7 apps over to Win 10 and I wouldn't have to reinstall them. Can this possibly be true? 3037