Windows 10: Why does Windows 10 come with hidden log on/start up sounds?

Discus and support Why does Windows 10 come with hidden log on/start up sounds? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you look in C:\Windows\Media, there seems to be some sounds that were created for Windows 10. Like Windows Logon.wav. Did Microsoft scrap these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobjoe, Aug 17, 2015.

1. bobjoe Win User

Why does Windows 10 come with hidden log on/start up sounds?

If you look in C:\Windows\Media, there seems to be some sounds that were created for Windows 10.

Like Windows Logon.wav. Did Microsoft scrap these sounds? For some reason, the option to choose a Log on or Log Off sound doesn't exist in the "Sounds" settings in the Control Panel.

:)

bobjoe, Aug 17, 2015
  2. NeilF784 Win User

Windows Start up Time Setting Display

Windows 10 64 bit Version 1607 with all updates.

When I boot up my laptop it comes up with time displayed in huge letters in am/pm/(12 hour) format.

The Users are set to 24 Hour Time format.

As soon as a User (mainly me) logs on the 24 hour setting displays.

Not a major problem , just rather irritating.

Why, then does start up/(boot up) screen display the 12 hour format?

NeilF784, Aug 17, 2015
  3. CJBSavage Win User
    Windows 10 Update changed user accounts and now I cannot log into my administrator account.

Hi everyone:

I've just completed the upgrade to Windows 10 and, despite the initially positive impression, was horrified to find that my administrator account had been deleted (I later found it) and replaced with a secondary account. I can only access my main account
    through a troublesome path - it does not even come up as an option when logging in - and want to change this. I have tried in the Settings to Add or Change Acounts, but that option is also unavailable. Finally, I tried to log in through my Microsoft/Outlook
    account, but was told that my password was wrong. What the hell is going on?

Can anyone tell me how to:

1. Reactive my now hidden administrator account and use it to replace the one that has been made default by the upgrade?

2. Why my Microsoft/Outlook password, which is unchanged, does not permit me to log in that way?

3. How can I add an account - preferably an existing one (Does, and why would, Windows 10 only allow three users?) - even though that option is unavailable.

By the way, the Microsoft Account FAQ is completely useless.

Thanks in advance.

CJBSavage, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

You can take "any" sound and name it Log-on and just replace the existing sound in the Media folder
    now your system would play That sound *Smile

simple.....

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 17, 2015
  5. bobjoe Win User
    But the sound doesn't exist in "Sound" settings. In W7 and Vista, there was a "category" for Logon Sound and Logoff Sound.

bobjoe, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Harpert Win User
    In your previous car, the light switch was on the dash, in the new car it's in the steering wheel.... *Smile
    Does it really matter how we switch the light on?

So they have changed their method..... I don't see the issue *Smile *Smile

Harpert, Aug 17, 2015
  7. bobjoe Win User
    I don't understand what you mean.

Even if I change something like "User account control sound" to the Log On sound, it won't play during the log in process. It's not synced to that.

bobjoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does Windows 10 come with hidden log on/start up sounds? - Similar Threads - Why does hidden

2. Why is start-up sound a checkbox?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is start-up sound a checkbox?: See this screenshot. Why is Windows Start-up sound a checkbox, instead of being in the list like all other sounds? I remember it was like that back in the day, when a computer going bleep-bloop was cool and interesting. Why has specifically that one sound been moved to a...
  3. start up sound on windows 10

start up sound on windows 10: hi ,im trying to personalize the starting windows sound ,its added i went to regedit to unlock ´´start and close´´ sounds ,then i added the sounds as *.wav and everything looks fine ,but is not working ,instead reproduce the default starting sound ,also y dont have...
  4. Windows 10 Plays the Notification sound, but the notification does not come up.

Windows 10 Plays the Notification sound, but the notification does not come up.: This is VERY VERY ANNOYING! My Computer plays the sound, but WHERE IS THE NOTIFICATION POPUP? This is starting to annoy me. How can I fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 Start-up sound

Windows 10 Start-up sound: Can the windows 10 Start-up sound be modified. I tried almost everything but still playing the original sound, I can only turn it ON or OFF. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-up-sound/229925da-feab-413b-9215-e3889355aadc
  6. Why does this message come up every time I start up my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does this message come up every time I start up my computer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/memes_in_a_cup [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ka40mg/why_does_this_message_come_up_every_time_i_start/
  7. log-in window does not come up on startup

log-in window does not come up on startup: I am unable to get into my old Windows10 laptop. The start-up process gets as far as the opening screen, but the log-on box does not appear. The date and time are displayed, but there is no cursor. Any suggestions on what to do? Rob Walker...
  8. why the sound do not come on when i start up?

why the sound do not come on when i start up?: The sound check do not come on when I star my pc . is that the norm or I can fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-sound-do-not-come-on-when-i-start-up/d655b08c-e158-4466-a391-cf454f0b835f
  9. after logging on start menu wont come up

after logging on start menu wont come up: start menu wont come up tried everything possible but no luck can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-logging-on-start-menu-wont-come-up/62cc0f23-f7dc-463e-88bb-06603d351178
  10. Windows 10 start up sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start up sound: Windows 10 Pro play sound at startup is checked but the select a sound option is grayed out 15898