Windows 10: Why does windows 10 force updates?

Discus and support Why does windows 10 force updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It’s such a stupid feature. It was okay before for me when my laptop actually told me in advance that there was an update, now there’s no warning at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/0YGIZG991, Apr 2, 2024.

1. Why does windows 10 force updates?

It’s such a stupid feature. It was okay before for me when my laptop actually told me in advance that there was an update, now there’s no warning at all, I turn on my laptop one day and it starts ‘configuring windows’ so it’s obviously just updated, shut itself down, and I lose all my work I had open. It doesn’t even tell me that there’s a pending update anymore, it definitely told me before and let me delay it etc.

submitted by /u/0YGIZG991
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/0YGIZG991, Apr 2, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2024
  3. m4gicfour Win User

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Apr 2, 2024
  4. Octopuss Win User

Why does windows 10 force updates?

Is there any link with list of everything related to this for those who want to do it manually?

Octopuss, Apr 2, 2024
Thema:

Why does windows 10 force updates?

1. Why does windows 10 force updates? - Similar Threads - Why does force

2. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  3. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  4. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does windows force me to have a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does windows force me to have a password: I have already tried stuff online and switched to a local account and did the netplwiz and it still doesn't work. WHY DOES MICROSOFT WANT ME TO HAVE A PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP THIS BADLY I DON'T WANT IT. Just a side note to, this all started because of a recent reset I did on my...
  6. Why does windows force me to have a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows force me to have a password: I have already tried stuff online and switched to a local account and did the netplwiz and it still doesn't work. WHY DOES MICROSOFT WANT ME TO HAVE A PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP THIS BADLY I DON'T WANT IT. Just a side note to, this all started because of a recent reset I did on my...
  7. Why does windows force me to have a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. forced to update win 10 - WHY!!??? Stop it!

forced to update win 10 - WHY!!??? Stop it!: Why are users forced win 10 updates? You've already destroyed my gameing-PC twice with the updates that it did not work anymore (Needs special drivers) - I had to invest many hours each time to restore my Gaming-PC. You have to give users the choice to install any updates or...
  9. WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????

WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????: This system of updates with Windows 10 SUCKS. First, you don't give users any credit to choose to update on their own, and they take forEVER. This morning after updating, my laptop no longer recognizes my 24" monitor. Installing and reinstalling doesn't work, nor does...
  10. why does windows 10 FORCEFULLY CLOSES open applications when performing windows updates

why does windows 10 FORCEFULLY CLOSES open applications when performing windows updates: Background: Windows notified me of an upcoming update and that it would be installed 'off-hours'.. I left my computer that evening with lid closed (in sleep mode) and the following apps were left open - 1. outlook 365 (no newly composed emails; just several messages...