Windows 10: Why does windows asks for my "most recent credentials" so often?

Discus and support Why does windows asks for my "most recent credentials" so often? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys, From time to time windows for some reason, asks for my most recent credentials. I just click on it in the action center, it goes to my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Marko1401, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Marko1401 Win User

Why does windows asks for my "most recent credentials" so often?

Hi guys,

From time to time windows for some reason, asks for my most recent credentials. I just click on it in the action center, it goes to my account settings and then it disappears as a problem all together. Why?

This is not some issue I'm facing that's not allowing me to do some work on my laptop or anything of that sort but is getting fairly annoying.

Thanks,

Have a Great Day,

M

:)

Marko1401, Mar 15, 2016

2. Lost Access to Windows 10

Have been running Windows 10 successfully since August. About a week ago Microsoft Edge and Mail icons disappeared from bottom screen bar and also unable to select Windows Desktop. Have a System Security message to "enter my most recent credentials" but
    "sign box" does not function.

AlistairMowat, Mar 15, 2016
  3. vilu85 Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Mar 15, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 15, 2016
  5. Marko1401 Win User
    Hi Brink!

Did the above. And restarted. To which my Disk activity went up to 95% for a good 5 minutes. I guess we can attribute that to new profile generation right?

Hopefully that solves it, and I don't get the annoying popups anymore. *Smile

Oh, Why can't Microsoft actually make something that's - bug free - Why does windows asks for my "most recent credentials" so often? :)
    Thanks!

Marko1401, Mar 15, 2016
  6. Marko1401 Win User
    I'm marking this as solved.
    Haven't had an issue later on at all.
    Thanks brink!

Marko1401, Mar 19, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why does windows asks for my "most recent credentials" so often? - Similar Threads - Why does asks

2. Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?: Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer? I resisted upgrading for a long time because of these suspected issues with hew builds. Microsoft kept pestering me to upgrade every time I log on and now that I have done it, my computer keeps crashing and rebooting. "It...
  3. Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer?: Why is Windows 11 crashing so often on my computer? I resisted upgrading for a long time because of these suspected issues with hew builds. Microsoft kept pestering me to upgrade every time I log on and now that I have done it, my computer keeps crashing and rebooting. "It...
  4. Why does windows 11 update so often?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows 11 update so often?: Every time the upgrade it requires a reboot. It is very irritating and disrupts my working. Not to mention loss of productivity. Is there a way to disable windows updates or pause updates more than a week like a month? I will take responsibility for security issues. Instead...
  5. Why does windows 11 update so often?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does windows 11 update so often?: Every time the upgrade it requires a reboot. It is very irritating and disrupts my working. Not to mention loss of productivity. Is there a way to disable windows updates or pause updates more than a week like a month? I will take responsibility for security issues. Instead...
  6. Windows asking to be activated after most recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows asking to be activated after most recent update: Hello,My Recently updated a windows feature update the other day. the one that added the stupid weather thing to my taskbar. Now I have an overlay constantly telling me to activate windows. I have a legitimate copy of windows I've been using for years. I go to activation and...
  7. Windows 10 asking to be activated after the most recent update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 asking to be activated after the most recent update.: After the recent Update for windows 10 , my computer now says that I have to activate windows all of the sudden where I never had the issue for I have a legal version of windows 10. Please help me resolve this issue for I am not paying for another product key if I have the...
  8. Click Here to enter your most recent credential

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Click Here to enter your most recent credential: I have searched everywhere for solutions on getting rid of the above message, from deleting my current account and setting up a new one, to a number of other solutions. But, with all that, I am still getting this message. I would like to continue with my Microsoft account...
  9. Click here to enter your most recent credential

Click here to enter your most recent credential: I'm getting "Click here to enter your most recent credential. Microsoft needs you to sign in again." I click, but nothing happens except that my desktop comes up. Anyone else seeing this? 4027
  10. Click here to enter your most recent credential on Windows 10

Click here to enter your most recent credential on Windows 10: What is windows 10 looking for when it asks this? I click on the notification and it doesn't bring me to a password box. Is this some sort of bug? It happens to me on multiple computers. 37368