Windows 10: Why doesn't Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth work Windows 10

Discus and support Why doesn't Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth work Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Simply, why doesn't Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth work in Windows 10? Is there a way to get this or a similar command to self repair your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Maugli, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Maugli Win User

Why doesn't Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth work Windows 10

Simply, why doesn't Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth work in Windows 10? Is there a way to get this or a similar command to self repair your installation in Windows 10?

Why doesn't Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth work Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Maugli, Nov 16, 2015

2. Start menu missing!

In short NO it didn't work. I followed the instructions as given and entered

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

The response was:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth sfc /scannnow

Error: 87

DISM doesn't recognize the command-line option "sfc".

For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I tried entering it without the sfc line and got:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

I followed this with a reboot but there was no discernible change

Uncle.Gadget, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

It both didn't work

Dmitriy Zemlyanskiy, Nov 16, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Did you check the log, as it suggests?

Mystere, Nov 16, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Nov 16, 2015
  6. Maugli Win User
    No I didn't. Would it help somewhat?

Maugli, Nov 16, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    Since the log tells you why it failed, that's always the first place to look.

Mystere, Nov 16, 2015
  8. Maugli Win User

I went to Tech Bench but didn't understand the options for the version. What does the 'K' and 'N' options mean?

Maugli, Nov 16, 2015
  9. essenbe Win User
    10 N is the EU edition, K is the Korean edition and KN is for either, I think. Look at your system and it should say which you have. Download exactly what you have now. It has to be the same version, bitness (X86 or X64) and the same as in Pro or Home. I think I got all of that right.

essenbe, Nov 16, 2015
  10. Maugli Win User
    So the one that just says Windows 10 is the US version, right?

Maugli, Nov 16, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    I see your not updated yet to the new build of Windows 10 10586 which if download this ISO now this is what it will be.
    I had same issue after clean install of new build as you are having. What helped me was to use the ISO mount it in File explorer and use this command in Admin command prompt.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:N:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

X being drive letter of the mounted drive. Then if it completes successfully run this
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Then run sfc /scannow

Possibly going to need version build 10240 this i am not positive.

jds63, Nov 16, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    You can also use that ISO to do the upgrade with. Yes, the Windows 10 is the US version.

essenbe, Nov 16, 2015
  13. lx07 Win User

For the Edition yes

Also you need to choose the Product language when you download the ISO. You can check what you have now with powershell command [CultureInfo]::InstalledUICulture.

If it is en-US you want to download English, if it is en-GB you want International English. Code: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\Windows\system32> [CultureInfo]::InstalledUICulture LCID Name DisplayName ---- ---- ----------- 1033 en-US English (United States)[/quote]

Then it will ask you to decide 32 or 64 bit. Download what you have at the moment.

14. Maugli Win User
    Unfortunately I had downloaded the US version. I couldnt get it to mount or do the repair despite looking at all the online advice and tutorials on the Microsoft site. I will download the European version and try again.

EDIT:
    For example, one problem I faced was that, after I failed to install the ISO file on my datastick, I burnt it to a DVD, but the DVD once inserted after recording the ISO seemed to be mounted three times. I did not know which path to choose for the Dism repair command.

Maugli, Nov 16, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    You would just select the ISO to mount not by making the ISO to a disc and putting it in the drive as i suggested. My only thoughts on this is the build you downloaded is different then build you have installed now. What you have now is build 10240 which i saw from your original post from command prompt, ISO you downloaded is build 10586, so not sure if this will cause issues with doing a DISM Command. Right click drives D: & E: and select eject. BD-RE looks like the disc is in there.

You may be best updated to this build first, might correct this issue in the process. Eventually you will need to anyway.

jds63, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Why doesn't Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth work Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why doesn't Dism

2. DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth is stuck

in Windows 10 News
    DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth is stuck: [IMG]DISM, or Deployment Image Servicing and Management, is a command-line utility allowing users to find and fix corrupt system image files through PowerShell or Command Prompt. However, if the DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command is stuck at 62.3 or any point,...
  3. SFC and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth don't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth don't work.: Hi.Recently i reset my ssd and installed RTM Windows 11, Then moved to Windows 11 Insider preview. 25145I was just going to install Dell SupportAssistant, But it failed to install.It never happened before i reset my ssd, But now it does.So i tried SFC and DISM, But it didn't...
  4. SFC and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth don't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth don't work.: Hi.Recently i reset my ssd and installed RTM Windows 11, Then moved to Windows 11 Insider preview. 25145I was just going to install Dell SupportAssistant, But it failed to install.It never happened before i reset my ssd, But now it does.So i tried SFC and DISM, But it didn't...
  5. Windows 10 ,DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ,DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth: I had Windows 10 21H2. I run "DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth" to clean my Windows. But in the next time I'm using Windows I saw some differents. So I went to Settings and checked my Windows version. It is not 21H2 ,it is 2009. Can anyone say what happened....
  6. Windows 10 ,DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 ,DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth: I had Windows 10 21H2. I run "DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth" to clean my Windows. But in the next time I'm using Windows I saw some differents. So I went to Settings and checked my Windows version. It is not 21H2 ,it is 2009. Can anyone say what happened....
  7. Windows 10 ,DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: When I run this command its always stuck in 43-44 % its said access denied error 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/cd798b7b-e035-4d1b-9f9d-3b00a17fd9ca
  9. Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails: I tried Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth after Windows update locked up the boot DISM failed. No operation was performed: dism.log errors 2019-01-11 18:44:25, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=15128 TID=15148 Error in operation: (null) (CBS...
  10. Windows button doesn't work - sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows button doesn't work - sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...: Dear Microsoft community, Last weekend was when I first experienced the Windows button not working on my Lenovo Legion y520, this seemed like a small issue to fix. The first thing I read was running a scan through sfc /scannow - it stopped at 4% and got error 87...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DISM Doesnnt recognize cleanup-Image

2. cmd /online-clean up

3. why cant i run dism

4. why wont DISM run on win 10,
  5. what does dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth work,
  6. dism online clean up image restore health wont work????,
  7. dism online clean up wont work,
  8. why wont dism cleanup image start,
  9. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth is a100% but doesnt say completeed