Windows 10: Why Doesn't File Explorer Etc Stay In Place?

Discus and support Why Doesn't File Explorer Etc Stay In Place? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I always like to have my Windows positioned in a certain way on my desktop, and even though some programs remain, a lot don't (i.e. 'This PC' &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gelbs, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Gelbs Win User

Why Doesn't File Explorer Etc Stay In Place?

I always like to have my Windows positioned in a certain way on my desktop, and even though some programs remain, a lot don't (i.e. 'This PC' & 'Documents' folder) never stay in the same place. It's always random when opened. Not a major issue I know. But annoying all the same. Is there a fix or workaround?

:)

Gelbs, Aug 15, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 15, 2015
  3. file explorer

Why does file explorer scroll down but won't stay down?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

Frederick B.Sparks, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Gelbs Win User

Can't get rid of the language thing near the clock neither. Disable it, but always reappears on boot.

Gelbs, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    There are already dozens of posts on this subject. There is no way to solve this problem in the OS itself, but there is a third party tool which apparently runs in the background and forces the window to always open in the same place.

It's not random, it's always slightly to the right and slightly down from the last place it was closed. When it gets to the bottom or right side of the screen it starts over at the top or left side.

Mystere, Aug 15, 2015
  6. nt62 Win User
    There is.
    Just an option. > Tablet Mode

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

It is easy enough to work with using mouse and keyboard.
    Also, current running windows are easy to switch to using task viewer or switcher.
    Not for everyone.

nt62, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why Doesn't File Explorer Etc Stay In Place? - Similar Threads - Why Doesn't File

2. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my desktop icons stay in place: It happen some time ago where my desktop icons will never stay where I want them. I tried everything with the themes and appdata and using the auto arrange. Honestly it's just pissing me off now, is there anyway to fix this?...
  3. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my desktop icons stay in place: It happen some time ago where my desktop icons will never stay where I want them. I tried everything with the themes and appdata and using the auto arrange. Honestly it's just pissing me off now, is there anyway to fix this?...
  4. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File explorer window doesn't stay with pinned taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer window doesn't stay with pinned taskbar icon: I'm not sure if anyone is having issues with this or if there's another thread about it... When I click the pinned taskbar icon for the File Explorer, it opens a File Explorer window but not on the actual pinned icon. The window will be on the far right of the taskbar, as if...
  6. cropping doesn't stay in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cropping doesn't stay in File Explorer: Hi. I have tried several ways, and the usual ways to crop pics but it won't stay when I save the crop. Does anyone have any solutions for me to try? thank you....
  7. Why file explorer doesn't have tabs ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why file explorer doesn't have tabs ?: i am struggling switching between files. everyone need tabs submitted by /u/cycadah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k7mfhu/why_file_explorer_doesnt_have_tabs/
  8. Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.: Hiya, has had this issue for a couple of days now where I right click on the Explorer app on the taskbar and click a recently visited folder and nothing happens, there is no window popping up with the location. I have also looked through Brink's tutorial on the forums...
  9. File Explorer window doesn't stay in one spot...

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer window doesn't stay in one spot...: So I upgraded to Win 10 and so far I like it, but a problem which I find annoying: Whenever I open file explorer the window tends to move from where I placed it. What I mean is I place the window directly in the center, as I like it. When I open it again, it will be...
  10. Automatic refresh doesn't work in File Explorer, Desktop, Recycle etc.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic refresh doesn't work in File Explorer, Desktop, Recycle etc.: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. One of the greatest problems now is that whenever I use files and folders (moving, renaming, deleting...) there is NO automatic change in file explorer, desktop or recycle bin unless I refresh them manually. Is there a fix...