Windows 10: Why from win10 it ask me password for shared folders?

Discus and support Why from win10 it ask me password for shared folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have 3 pc 2 with win7 sp1 and one with win10. At every pc i have create some shared folders and i have choose the switch "everyone" so i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by grigoris, Aug 6, 2017.

1. grigoris Win User

Why from win10 it ask me password for shared folders?

Hi.
    I have 3 pc 2 with win7 sp1 and one with win10.

At every pc i have create some shared folders and i have choose the switch "everyone" so i can go into these folders without any password at all.

So why at every win7 pc or android device i can go to any shared folder without asking me any password and when i try to go to these win7 shared folders from win10 pc it ask me passwords?

And the reverse from the win10 shared folder i can use it without password from any pc or android system.

:)

grigoris, Aug 6, 2017
  2. saberman Win User

What means "We need to fix your Microsoft account"??

I finally clicked on the alert. It brought up Settings-->Shared experiences

which has Share across devices set to Off.

Then a popup asking me for the password to one of my Microsoft accounts -- the one I use mostly on Windows 8 phones.

Why is it asking me for a Microsoft account password when shared experiences is set to off?

saberman, Aug 6, 2017
  3. Why does my Win JR phone ask me for my password?

Reply to First answer:

The password should consist of about 5 numbers, no letters. It must match the numbers on the phone.

If the numbers are wrong, the phone wipes them off and tells you when to try again. Every time it tells you to try again, it doubles the wait time in minutes. The current wait time is 512 minutes.

It resets the date and time to when I first bought it which was in February.

I can receive calls, but I cannot call out, except emergency numbers.

The problem started when the phone was in front of my computer, and the internet service provider turned the internet back on.

KesiyeBaralaye, Aug 6, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

It depends on if a folder is truly shared or not.

bro67, Aug 7, 2017
  5. grigoris Win User
    What do you mean by truly shared??
    Of course it is because from any other pc or android device i see these shared folders normally and i can explore them but ONLY from win10 pc it ask me password to access to these win7 shared folders.

So the shared folders is truly shared.

grigoris, Aug 7, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    When you connect by default it passes you logged username and password while win7 you may be Fred with 10 it's likely your an email address which it doesn't understand as well as the share NTFS permissions must be set

Samuria, Aug 7, 2017
  7. grigoris Win User
    Ntfs is all the hdd at all windows 7 & 10.

And why ONLY at win10pc(Not at android device or any other win7 pc) when i try to connect to any win7 shared folders it asked me password?
    Even any win7 pc doesn't have password at all. I don't know if it matters but the win10 pc has password to open/log in at windows10.

grigoris, Aug 7, 2017
  8. Vincent Win User

My Windows 10 sometimes shows me "Login/Password" dialogue as I try to access the network shared folder whilst another PC under Windows 7 doesn't and opens the same network folder. I noticed that sometimes I type "Guest" as a login with an empty password and it works.

Vincent, Aug 7, 2017
  9. grigoris Win User
    Yes but i don't want that.
    I want NEVER shows me the password window. NEVER.

grigoris, Aug 7, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    Change the shares to public, which is risky in itself and then go into Credentials and delete the credentials. With malware being created smarter every day, it is no longer wise to use non-password protected shares, so you have to enter those in Credential Manager.

bro67, Aug 8, 2017
  11. grigoris Win User
    I am not at public cafe or anything else.
    My topic network is at my house so....

grigoris, Aug 8, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    Did you state that at the beginning, the answer would be no. The reason why it is mentioned about not opening your computer to the public, is that anyone that connects to your network can gain access to any files that you may have on it, so it is a huge statement of do not share any public folders, same as do not set your private user directory wide open to everyone else that can be on your network.

Security only works if the person who is doing it, is well aware of the consequences.

bro67, Aug 8, 2017
  13. grigoris Win User

Yes but i tallied you ONE more time.

How someone connect to my pc without any wifi access? I have disabled all wifi connections at my home pc network so.....

For one more time i want to every pc at my home connect to other one shared folder WITHOUT any passwords at all.

Can i do that? This is my question from my first post. And you tallied me about password shared folders e.t.c. I don't care about shared folders with password is so simple.

grigoris, Aug 8, 2017
  14. roy111 Win User
    • calm down
    • no one generally care about what you want or about your network
    • i have also mixed win 7 win 10 network and it works without password
    If you care about your network take some screenshots of how you configure the networ/shared folders and let us
    understand better what can be the problem.

Hope this heps.

roy111, Aug 8, 2017
  15. grigoris Win User
    First:
    You came at my topic to HELP ME solve my issue i don't came to your post.
    So you must care what is my issue/problem.

Second:
    At both win7 and win10 pc's i have the same settings at the shared folders. See picture to one example shared folder

Why from win10 it ask me password for shared folders? [​IMG]

And the results is from any win7 or android or ios devices all win7 shared folder is accessible WITHOUT password but when i try to access at the exact same folders from the win10pc system it ask me passwords so what is the issue?

grigoris, Aug 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Why from win10 it ask me password for shared folders? - Similar Threads - Why win10 ask

2. The shared folder asks me for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The shared folder asks me for username and password: Hello,I shared a folder and I set its sharing settings as follows:Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-shared-folder-asks-me-for-username-and/50835abd-f786-45c3-ace3-d0fa19b11795
  3. The shared folder asks me for username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The shared folder asks me for username and password: Hello,I shared a folder and I set its sharing settings as follows:Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-shared-folder-asks-me-for-username-and/50835abd-f786-45c3-ace3-d0fa19b11795
  4. Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Keeps Asking for Password to Shared Folder though Passwords Are Turned Off: I'm so sick of this happening. When I first boot up both my machines, I have network access no problem, and can open folders on the other machine. After a while, it starts asking me for a password, even though that requirement isn't selected. If, as some MVPs have averred on...
  5. Shared folder password

Shared folder password: How to lock a shared folder with a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folder-password/ab2aff5e-3696-47d4-9d67-37b948a251a6"
  6. Why my password is charged without asking me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why my password is charged without asking me?: I once cheated by Microsoft with a application b4 that's why I decide not to by any Microsoft products at all. So first thing first, using pirated version of W10 v19. And yes, solve it if you can to proved that you will be there with me if I purchase your product... I was...
  7. Shared With Me Folders

Shared With Me Folders: My Share with me folders when I view OneDrive online is inconsistent with the OneDrive folder on Windows Explorer. How do I get folders to show on Windows Explorer?...
  8. Share a folder win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Share a folder win10: Why is it so difficult to find out how to share a folder when on the same wifi network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-a-folder-win10/e9f45ba0-6638-4b83-bc62-a774176ef25d
  9. Windows folder share ask for password when there is no password

Windows folder share ask for password when there is no password: I have windows 10 pro 64 bit on my laptop and i want to share a folder to another laptop via wifi, but every time i try to connect from the other laptop it always ask for a username and a password but the laptop doesnt have any password, so i turned off password protected...
  10. Win10 asking for Shared Folder when none are set?

Win10 asking for Shared Folder when none are set?: Hi all! My shared folder settings have been doing great ages now, but I've run into an issue in the last week where my Win10 desktop and my brother's Win10 desktop are both always asking for a username and password to Shared Folders that have no username and password...