Windows 10: Why have I got a Windows.old directory dated 1st April 2015?

Discus and support Why have I got a Windows.old directory dated 1st April 2015? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have installed build 10049 today. Why have I got a Windows.old directory dated 1st April 2015? *Confused The Windows directory is dated 31st March... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by machare, Mar 30, 2015.

1. machare Win User

Why have I got a Windows.old directory dated 1st April 2015?

I have installed build 10049 today. Why have I got a Windows.old directory dated 1st April 2015? *Confused

The Windows directory is dated 31st March 2015 which makes sense.

:)

machare, Mar 30, 2015

2. N95

Nope mate: It also means that it was possible to release it on 1st JanuaryWhy have I got a Windows.old directory dated 1st April 2015? :p

Seriously I got information bout this complex phone's releasin date.

It should have been unleashed in March.

But has delayed and is scheduled to being release in April at any time.

keane---01, Mar 30, 2015
  3. EditorJD Win User
    Can't Install KB3093266 - Error 0x80073712

Hi. Thanks for replying to me. I tried everything you said to no avail. I still got the same error message: "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3093266) - Error 0x80073712." Why is this so? I hope you still have another solution
    for me. I bought my HP Stream notebook last April with Windows 8.1 OS before I upgraded it to Windows 10 on Sept. 1st. The windows.old folder is already gone/deleted. Thought you might need that info.

EditorJD, Mar 30, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Is the clock on your pc correct?

badrobot, Mar 30, 2015
  5. machare Win User
    Yes, I have not touched it.

machare, Mar 30, 2015
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    To cause you confusion, and it worked. Do a disk cleanup and deleted it, no more problem. . .*Smile

7. Edwin New Member
    Two directory packages on the same machine, old or new, probably causes some kind of conflict in the file system.

Edwin, Mar 31, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

Windows.old is caused when you upgrade from one version of Windows to the next. It's perfectly normal. This mainly happens if you upgrade from within windows rather than doing a clean formatted install.

To clear those folders run cleanmgr.exe, click on the clean up system files button then there should be an entry to delete old install files. This will remove windows.old and a couple of other folders created during the upgrade.

You can't delete these manually you have to use this program.

WARNING: There may be a possibility of some settings loss but its usually minor.

swarfega, Mar 31, 2015
  9. machare Win User
    I thought the date might be significant! So far this new build is vastly better than build 10041 which appeared to dislike my graphics card.

machare, Mar 31, 2015
  10. adamf Win User
  11. Winuser Win User
    Maybe you have a time machine. Check the settings on your flux capacitor. *chuckle

Winuser, Mar 31, 2015
  12. Charlie Win User
    Yep lots of folks like to play the fools game. Software folks have been known to do a little bit of that.*chuckle

Charlie, Mar 31, 2015
  13. machare Win User

Thanks. It was more the date that I was wondering about.

machare, Mar 31, 2015
  14. swarfega Win User
    ah well nowt as strange as developers *Biggrin

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why have I got a Windows.old directory dated 1st April 2015? - Similar Threads - Why got old

2. Why do i have the old settings icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i have the old settings icon?: i have all the new windows 10 icons, but the settings one hasnt changed, what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-the-old-settings-icon/daa8a1f0-b9a0-4fef-a9f5-de7cb2f12589
  3. Enable_WOL.Bat and WOL folder with 2015 date.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enable_WOL.Bat and WOL folder with 2015 date.: I dont know why this is on my C: drive root as the only normal file and i dont remember installing this when i reinstalled windows in 2021 and i did not have this pc in 2015....
  4. Dates on old photos randomly got changed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dates on old photos randomly got changed?: For reference, my computer uses Windows 10, but I have an iPhone. Yesterday I was trying to transfer a few recent photos from my phone to my computer - I've done this a million times, by the way, so it should've worked the same. The recent photos got transferred no problem,...
  5. Why have I got two desktop folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why have I got two desktop folders?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HarryRobso [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gccilr/why_have_i_got_two_desktop_folders/
  6. Windows 10 April update 2019 Release Date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April update 2019 Release Date: Hey how are you guys whats going on today What is the realease date of Windows 10 April update 2019 offically on Windows 10 download page. As I am a lover of Windows 10 feature updates if some knows the exact date so please reply me. Thanks so much....
  7. April 14th 2015 Windows Updates Details

in Windows 10 News
    April 14th 2015 Windows Updates Details: Today, as part of Update Tuesday, we released 11 security bulletins. We encourage customers to apply all of these updates. For more information about this month’s security updates, including the detailed view of the Exploitability Index (XI), visit the Microsoft Bulletin...
  8. Window old directory in C drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Window old directory in C drive: Hi All, After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade program from MS, the old windows 7 installation has been moved a folder call Windows.old. I am not sure if this is for reverting back to Windows 7 in case Windows 10 installation fails or for some...
  9. Windows and Windows Phone Store Trends – April 2015 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows and Windows Phone Store Trends – April 2015 Update: This blog is the latest in a recurring series about recent Store trends across categories, markets, and more. Understanding these trends can help you determine what types of apps to build or where to focus your development efforts. Data from the Windows Store is presented...
  10. April 2015 security updates for Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    April 2015 security updates for Internet Explorer: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-032 (3038314) This critical security update resolves vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer. For more information, please see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-032. Disabling SSL 3.0 As communicated in our February 2015 security updates...