Windows 10: Why in Win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder?

Discus and support Why in Win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This never happened in Win7. When I open a folder with video files I have to wait while the hundreds of video clips get their thumbnails regenerated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BananaFrappe, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Why in Win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder?

This never happened in Win7.

When I open a folder with video files I have to wait while the hundreds of video clips get their thumbnails regenerated. Which is fine, if it happened only once. But after I reboot, and open the same folder, the thumbnails have to regenerate AGAIN! What the heck is going on? Why is Win10 deleting my thumbnail cache? How do I stop this? I've read many complaints about this online with many different solutions... all of which seem to be not terribly successful as pretty much solution has complaints that the fix was only temporary.

THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY! This needs to be resolved. Is there FINALLY a solution?

:)

BananaFrappe, Aug 26, 2018
  2. Tara_620 Win User

Regenerate image thumbnails

All of the image thumbnails were deleted/removed after a Windows 10 update. I have all folders' views set to "large icons" however, none of the image thumbnails are regenerating. The only thumbnails I'm able to see are ones for newly saved or opened images.

How do I get Windows to regenerate thumbnails for all the image files?

Tara_620, Aug 26, 2018
  3. windows 10 windows media player video thumbnail problem

Hi,

Try clearing the thumbnail cache. Use these steps:

• Open File Explorer, and click This PC
    • Select the system drive (usually, C:\)
    • From the Manage tab at the top, click "Cleanup". (This launches Disk Cleanup for C:\ drive.)
    • Enable the check box for "Thumbnails", and uncheck all other items in the list.
    • Click OK
    • When Disk Cleanup prompt you with the message "Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files?", click the "Delete Files" button.
    • Restart Windows and let Windows regenerate fresh set of thumbnail cache as required.
    Hope that helps.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Why in Win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder?

How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?

Open the main folder in Windows Explorer, type kind:video in search field. This searches the folder and all its subfolders for any video file, listing them all.

Why in Win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder? [​IMG]

Thema:

Why in Win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder?

1. Why in Win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder? - Similar Threads - Why Win10 video

2. Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?: Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-in-every-time-i-open-my/33052619-7253-4817-894f-7c65e12cf9d3
  3. Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop?: Why do i need to sign in every time I open my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-to-sign-in-every-time-i-open-my/33052619-7253-4817-894f-7c65e12cf9d3
  4. Video Folder Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Folder Thumbnails: When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Home, I lost my thumbnail images in my video folder, Instead of the thumbnail an image of the media player logo is displayed in all video folders for all videos. How can this be changed?...
  5. Video Folder Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Folder Thumbnails: When I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Home, I lost my thumbnail images in my video folder, Instead of the thumbnail an image of the media player logo is displayed in all video folders for all videos. How can this be changed?...
  6. Image thumbnails loading every time I enter a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image thumbnails loading every time I enter a folder?: I just encountered an issue with image/video thumbnails. Whenever I would exit a folder and reenter it, the thumbnails would load again. This happened randomly. I checked that " Show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked and restarted my PC. For now, everything is fine and...
  7. Repeatedly regeneration of folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Repeatedly regeneration of folders: I open a downloaded app on my PC and it opens a folder its a rom for a ds emulator and it will create 3 folders "battery" "cheats" and "states" and ill put those 3 folders into a folder bc I have ocd and when I do that and open the rom again it creates those folders again and...
  8. Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to sign in every time to get my desktop ?: I know your going to say it is by default. To protect me and give more security to my computer. Why don't you let me decide what security I need, if any ? Give me the choice ! Why do you presume I am to stupid to make my own choices. ?...
  9. Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes?: Thumbnail Cache regenerates on every restart... Any fixes? I tried the reg tweaks listed below but they don't work now. They worked like a month ago. Fix Thumbnail Cache Deleting At Boot In Windows 10 Fall Creators Update...
  10. Why do my Video Icons no longer show Thumbnail of video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do my Video Icons no longer show Thumbnail of video?: Hiya! Please help. Initially, my video icons in Explorer would appear as thumbnails of the video they represented. What I mean is, "La La Land.mp4", for example, would show as a rectangular snapshot of the video. But now, all my video icons are this standard default as seen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why in win10 do my video thumbnails have to regenerate every time I open a folder?