Windows 10: Why is a standard account vs admin account recommended?

Discus and support Why is a standard account vs admin account recommended? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why is Microsoft recommending a standard account vs admin account when setting up Windows on a brand new device?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Debra 001, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Debra 001 Win User

Why is a standard account vs admin account recommended?

Why is Microsoft recommending a standard account vs admin account when setting up Windows on a brand new device?

:)

Debra 001, Jul 14, 2018

2. How to merge an Admin and a standard account?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

I understand you are not able to access certain admin options on the standard account. As the standard account is your main account currently on which you have installed all your updates, I suggest you to change it to an Admin account. To change it
    to the admin account, login to the Admin account and change the account type of the standard account. Refer the steps below.

1. Click on Start and go to
    Settings.

2. Tap or click Accounts, and then click
    Family and other accounts.

3. Under Other users, tap the standard account, and then click
    Edit.

4. Click the Account type box, choose Administrator, and then tap or click
    OK.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Change account from admin to standard

Hi,

To begin with, I would like to inform that in order for you to be able to make changes in your PC, you will require your local account to be an
    Admin account instead of a Standard one. Changing the account to a Standard account will disable your ability to make any changes to your computer.

If you still wish to create a Standard Local Account, I suggest that you navigate to Settings > Accounts > Family and other Users. Here select the
    current username and click on the Change Account Type
    button and select Standard. This will automatically change your account from
    Admin to Standard, and you will not require to change the username and password.

In the event that you wish to change the username and password, I suggest that you make changes to the above sited first and then change your account to a
    Standard one from and Admin account.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Why is a standard account vs admin account recommended? - Similar Threads - Why standard account

2. Blocked admin account by standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked admin account by standard account: Hi ! please someone help me i need to tell you that i was setting some fuctions for me ..... ya i know i stupid but somehow i changed my account type to standard and block admin account ....i can't get admin powers and admin account is gone somewhere i need help please :...
  3. Blocked admin account by standard account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked admin account by standard account: Hi ! please someone help me i need to tell you that i was setting some fuctions for me ..... ya i know i stupid but somehow i changed my account type to standard and block admin account ....i can't get admin powers and admin account is gone somewhere i need help please :...
  4. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  5. Using admin power on a standard account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using admin power on a standard account?: Can I do that? I don't really understand how a standard user works. If I use a standard user and introduce the admin password, can I make changes to the administrator user as well? I can't understand how the HDD storage is affected when using 2 accounts. I've just came from...
  6. Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts: I have TEN Windows 10 Pro computers on a peer to peer network no domain. Each computer has 2 LOCAL non Microsoft accounts - 1 Admin and 1 standard user non-admin. Is it possible to set a password policy where the policy can be set against ONLY the LOCAL standard user...
  7. Local admin account vs domain admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local admin account vs domain admin account: Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network changes etc. Does one account has more access than the other?...
  8. About accounts: Admin/Standard user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    About accounts: Admin/Standard user?: I just did a clean install of W10 for a friend. I havent set up a fresh install of 10 and am familar with the structure of accounts in W7> So. Clarify for me the "rights" of accounts(that i set up) in W10 Do they have adminstrator rights? Plan was to set up and Admin account...
  9. Gain admin powers with standard account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gain admin powers with standard account: Hello, So recently, i created a standard account to use as a testing account. I have rarely needed to use my admin account or install any programs. However, i noticed that i had forgotten the password to my admin account. I have access to the standard one right now. Any...
  10. Local Admin Account vs standard Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Admin Account vs standard Account: i have to ask this i am on Windows 10 Home build 16299.19 as i am currently terminating an old account and going to my most current account but i am concerned that the one i use to login into my current PC might be lost and i do wonder if the admin account i use for this HP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is standard account recommended

2. why is a standard account recommended

3. windows 10 why is a standard accoount recommended

4. why are standard accounts recommeded,
  5. windows why is a standard account recomended,
  6. windows 10 standard account recommended,
  7. windows 10 why standart account is recommended,
  8. standard account reccomended,
  9. standard account is recommended,
  10. why is standardaccount recommended in windows 10,
  11. why standard account recommended windows,