Windows 10: Why is Core Temp app connecting to 192.185.41.230 IP in the background

Discus and support Why is Core Temp app connecting to 192.185.41.230 IP in the background in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone use Core Temp app? It should be a simple Windows app that displays CPU core temperature. As a general precaution/safety rule I pass all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ahmd, Feb 24, 2017.

1. ahmd Win User

Why is Core Temp app connecting to 192.185.41.230 IP in the background

Does anyone use Core Temp app? It should be a simple Windows app that displays CPU core temperature.

As a general precaution/safety rule I pass all freeware that I download from the Internet via a ProcMon / Wireshark to see if it's doing any mischief in the background.So while starting Core Temp.exe I observed that it connects to 192.185.41.230 IP address in the background.Here's a screenshot from ProcMon:

Why is Core Temp app connecting to 192.185.41.230 IP in the background [​IMG]

And here's the screenshot from Wireshark:

Why is Core Temp app connecting to 192.185.41.230 IP in the background [​IMG]

Does anyone know what is being sent in the binary form in that transmission? Why is it needed in the app that displays CPU temperature? And how to disable it?

:)

2. Cybot Win User

Windows 10 not utilizing processor cores properly

it's been a couple of weeks or so since I got my laptop back from it's thermal teardown, and temps across all cores are down and speeds are up, but I am seeing that core 3 is getting temps higher than the other cores. it not reaching 100c like before, but
    I am not sure if I need to be concerned or not. also, I think the higher temp in core 3 is causing a little bit of thermal throttling, but I am not sure. I still have yet to see the full 2.8 ghz speed, even for a moment.

core 3 max temp is 73c while cores 0 through 2 are staying steady at c - 69c

core 0 max temp - 66c

core 1 max temp - 69c

core 2 max temp - 64c

core 3 max temp - 73c

this is my first multi-core PC, so I am used to only attention to one temp for the CPU, but is such a wide range of temps normal? shouldn't the temps be all the same?

is core 3's temp to high?

Cybot, Feb 24, 2017
  3. Marti_D Win User
    Win 10: DNS resolution of remote network via VPN connection not working

I solved the problem yesterday. I use
    FortiClient SSL VPN. After starting
    the VPN connection, it needs to change
    the metric VPN connection. I attach
    a script that solves it.
    It is necessary for him to create a shortcut
    and run it as an Administrator.
    The script first addresses whether the connection is
    inactive. If so, the connection starts
    and a turns his metrics to
    9 (LAN with me being 10).
    If the connection after running the script is already
    active, it stops. It can
    therefore be used to start and stop VPN
    connections. Some VPN clients enable
    script to run when you connect or disconnect
    - then you need to modify the script.

Have a nice day

M. Dusek

@echo off

echo Status Check

if exist %temp%\fortissl_state.txt del %temp%\fortissl_state.txt

netsh int ip show int fortissl > %temp%\fortissl_state.txt

findstr /c:"connected" %temp%\fortissl_state.txt

if errorlevel 1 goto connect

if errorlevel 0 goto disconnect

:connect

echo Connecting Fortinet VPN

start /b /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortinet\SslvpnClient\" FortiSSLVPNclient.exe connect -s "Praha14" -i -u usernameWhy is Core Temp app connecting to 192.185.41.230 IP in the background :password

if exist %temp%\fortissl_state.txt del %temp%\fortissl_state.txt

:notconnected

netsh int ip show int fortissl > %temp%\fortissl_state.txt

findstr /c:"connected" %temp%\fortissl_state.txt

if errorlevel 1 goto notconnected

echo Changing VPN DNS priority to remote location.

netsh int ip set interface interface=fortissl metric=9

goto endofscript

:disconnect

echo Disconnecting Fortinet VPN

start /b /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortinet\SslvpnClient\" FortiSSLVPNclient.exe disconnect

:endofscript

Marti_D, Feb 24, 2017
  4. Why is Core Temp app connecting to 192.185.41.230 IP in the background

CoreTemp checks for updates when you start it. I believe that you can disable that feature if you look in the options menu.

Gurn Blanston, Feb 24, 2017
  5. Its not doing anything funny its not some crazy binary form, it is an HTTP request for this file: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/coretempver.xml which tells it if it is the latest version or not.

alcpu.com -> 192.185.41.230

logicearth, Feb 24, 2017
  6. sml156 Win User
    When I want to find out who own's an IP I just Google it

EG:
    Code: whois 192.185.41.230[/quote]

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why is Core Temp app connecting to 192.185.41.230 IP in the background

1. Why is Core Temp app connecting to 192.185.41.230 IP in the background - Similar Threads - Why Core Temp

2. Why can't I have 192 sample rate when spatial sound is on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I have 192 sample rate when spatial sound is on?: Whenever I have spatial audio on it caps my audio at 96,000hzswitches it to this in windows 11 settings no matter what I do the second I close the setting with spatial audio from Dolby atmos turned on it switches from 192,000hz to a sample rate of 96,000hz. I can't figure out...
  3. Why can't I have 192 sample rate when spatial sound is on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I have 192 sample rate when spatial sound is on?: Whenever I have spatial audio on it caps my audio at 96,000hzswitches it to this in windows 11 settings no matter what I do the second I close the setting with spatial audio from Dolby atmos turned on it switches from 192,000hz to a sample rate of 96,000hz. I can't figure out...
  4. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  5. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  6. Core Temp in Task Manger ...

Core Temp in Task Manger ...: I use Core Temp. I have configured it so it starts with Windows. I expect to see it in the Task Manager's start tab, it's not there. Any thoughts? -thx 167713
  7. huion gt-185 tablet drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    huion gt-185 tablet drivers: can anyone out there help me with drivers that work with this tablet. The display works but the pen function keeps failing. I have downloaded the drivers umpteen times from Huion there web site is useless, also i can not find where to get a new pen(even Huion does not respond...
  8. IP Connect to Static IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....
  9. Why Can't I connect to my IP cameras?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Can't I connect to my IP cameras?: I have some IP cameras. And now I find I can't connect to them. Not from my machine via the internet URL. My IP is static. I can still connect via the LAN. example is 10.0.0.126:98 I get its login screen immediately. But 101.167.174.247:98 gives...
  10. CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp: CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp Used to show ok, I am certain...In the BIOS when I boot the PC it shows ok approx 60-65oC But not in the aforementioned apps....cant think why Thanks 36372