Windows 10: Why is Defender not seeing all my drives!?

Discus and support Why is Defender not seeing all my drives!? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Win10 laptop that is currrent with "updates" and running Windows Defender. I recently noticed that it does not see all my drives.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SOHO1, Dec 9, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Why is Defender not seeing all my drives!?

Hi all, I have a Win10 laptop that is currrent with "updates" and running Windows Defender. I recently noticed that it does not see all my drives.

Local C: is OK
    Network share W: is seen and scanned
    Network share Y: is seen and scanned
    Network share P: is seen and scanned
    Network share O: is NOT SEEN.

Note that the network shares O: and P: are on the same LAN server and both are accessible by browsing and the files access just fine.

However, in the dialoge "Select the dries and folders you want to scan:" the O: drive does NOT appear.

Why and how to fix?

:)

SOHO1, Dec 9, 2016

2. Windows Defender keeps popping up

Computer just had an update and I believe updated Windows Defender as well. Now, I can't get Defender to stop popping up over all my other open windows. Why is it doing this? It's driving me crazy!

jessicahinnant, Dec 9, 2016
  3. scaning my bd rom drive d

why cant I defender scan my bd rom drive

charlielovejoy, Dec 9, 2016
  4. SOHO1 Win User

Found it! For some reason, despite having working network shares, Windows 10 seems to occasionally lose some of the the drive mappings as seen by Explorer.

So, whilst I can see, visit and manipulate files on all the drive shares under a command window, I had to use Explorer to re-map one the shared network drives to put it back in windows explorer.

I wonder where Explorer get's it's info that is different from the command window.

SOHO1, Dec 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Why is Defender not seeing all my drives!? - Similar Threads - Why Defender seeing

2. Why is my windows defender all messed up see attached image. major portion of the app is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows defender all messed up see attached image. major portion of the app is...: the windows defender app is working normally but it appears weird only half of the portion is visible the other half is greyed out. how do i fix it? they grey area adjusts itself to show all the text and doesnt go away even when the window is not maximised....
  3. Why is my windows defender all messed up see attached image. major portion of the app is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my windows defender all messed up see attached image. major portion of the app is...: the windows defender app is working normally but it appears weird only half of the portion is visible the other half is greyed out. how do i fix it? they grey area adjusts itself to show all the text and doesnt go away even when the window is not maximised....
  4. Why Cant I see my F drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Cant I see my F drive?: I think i used to have a F drive but im not sure, and i cant view it.They are all the drives i can see in my diskmgmt.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-see-my-f-drive/90e4fd5d-a4ab-41e6-82f3-304d1bfb91ff
  5. Why Cant I see my F drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Cant I see my F drive?: I think i used to have a F drive but im not sure, and i cant view it.They are all the drives i can see in my diskmgmt.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-see-my-f-drive/90e4fd5d-a4ab-41e6-82f3-304d1bfb91ff
  6. Why Cant I see my F drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why don't I see One Drive and all its folders in my File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why don't I see One Drive and all its folders in my File Explorer?: I have set up a new laptop and despite syncing in my OneDrive, I do not see the OneDrive heading with all its folders in File Explorer. All I see is My PC. My other , older laptop has both My PC and OneDrive....
  8. not seeing all the optical drives

not seeing all the optical drives: Hello --- I have an older laptop so, I bought a portable optical cd/DVD drive. It is self-powered. The device manager lists the drive. when there is a disk in it, I can see the files on it with the file manager, and copy those files elsewhere, these seems to one...
  9. see all drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    see all drives: the defrag window doesn't show all the drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/see-all-drives/062a2c52-9b05-43f2-826c-38da5a356f6c
  10. see all drives

see all drives: the defrag window doesn't see all the drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/see-all-drives/f30b3a3b-5f0f-4093-bb0b-e739fd6f6400