Windows 10: Why is Group Policy being ignored on my Win 10 layout?

Discus and support Why is Group Policy being ignored on my Win 10 layout? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to bring a wee bit of control back to the Win 10 Windows update process by implementing the steps I found here... Disable Automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SonicMojo, Nov 11, 2015.

1. SonicMojo Win User

Why is Group Policy being ignored on my Win 10 layout?

I am trying to bring a wee bit of control back to the Win 10 Windows update process by implementing the steps I found here...

Disable Automatic Updates in Windows 10 - MyTechAlbum

I follow each step clearly and apply. But when I go back to my advanced Properties - it continues to look like this:

Why is Group Policy being ignored on my Win 10 layout? [​IMG]

I am struggling to understand what I may have done previously to place that "some settings are managed by your organization" tag at the top as this is the first time I have attempted to dial this service back a notch or two.

I ran the rsop.msc applet to gather up all current GP settings I may have made - but cannot see anything that might effect Windows Update.

Ideas?

Sonic.

:)

SonicMojo, Nov 11, 2015
  2. wi7bit Win User

Windows Defender on Windows 10 Ignores GPO Settings

Can anyone shed any light on why Windows Defender on Windows 10 Pro ignores all it's group policy settings?

I'm trying to set the definition to check for updates every hour and to schedule a quick scan, but it just doesn't seem to want to do either.

I've checked the RSoP and they are applying, but just being ignored.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

wi7bit, Nov 11, 2015
  3. ojas_hex Win User
    Unable to enable real time protection in Windows Defender

Real Time protection of Windows Defender is turned off and is not being enabled although I have enabled it in the settings, I have tried some ways but it always prompts "disabled by group policy"(cant access local group policy editor in win 10 home)

ojas_hex, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

Why is Group Policy being ignored on my Win 10 layout?

1. Why is Group Policy being ignored on my Win 10 layout? - Similar Threads - Why Group Policy

2. Windows Update ignores Group Policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update ignores Group Policies: This has also been added to the Feedback Hub but for some reason the issues surrounding forced driver updates seem to persist as there seems to be zero effort to make AMD driver updates optional. What makes this even worse is that even with the GPO "Do not include drivers...
  3. Windows Update ignores Group Policies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update ignores Group Policies: This has also been added to the Feedback Hub but for some reason the issues surrounding forced driver updates seem to persist as there seems to be zero effort to make AMD driver updates optional. What makes this even worse is that even with the GPO "Do not include drivers...
  4. Pin complexity group policy is completely ignored. Obsolete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin complexity group policy is completely ignored. Obsolete: Pin complexity group policy doesn't work. This is set to 4 digits minimum with a domain policy and suddenly it stopped working. I tried to set the local policy to 4 digits also just in case. No result. Now it always asks for 6 digits. Even if I set the policy to 8 digits...
  5. Pin complexity group policy is completely ignored. Obsolete

Pin complexity group policy is completely ignored. Obsolete: Pin complexity group policy doesn't work. This is set to 4 digits minimum with a domain policy and suddenly it stopped working. I tried to set the local policy to 4 digits also just in case. No result. Now it always asks for 6 digits. Even if I set the policy to 8 digits...
  6. Windows Update ignoring group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update ignoring group policy: Hi fellow techs,We have Group Policy configured with automatic updates set to "disabled". Despite that, our machines are randomly installing cumulative updates, devices drivers, and even upgrading to Windows 11 without consent. Every machine we check post-update has a...
  7. Windows Update ignoring group policy

Windows Update ignoring group policy: Hi fellow techs,We have Group Policy configured with automatic updates set to "disabled". Despite that, our machines are randomly installing cumulative updates, devices drivers, and even upgrading to Windows 11 without consent. Every machine we check post-update has a...
  8. Windows Update ignoring group policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Group Policies not saving. Win 10 v2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policies not saving. Win 10 v2004: Hello, So I'm trying to disable anti virus, especially realtime protection, but every time I reboot, gpedit settings revert back to normal. Never had this issue before. I read some guy solved it by this method: did some digging and googling and found what caused it at...
  10. Local Group Policy Editor Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Group Policy Editor Win 10: Hello, I need help with getting into Local Group Policy Editor In Windows 10 I tried the gpedit in Command Prompt Or gpedit.msc in Run Anything like that won't work, i don't really know how to get into there, i even searched it in Cortana. Still, nothing does anyone know how...