Windows 10: Why is IE running? Is it ok to remove if using Firefox?

Discus and support Why is IE running? Is it ok to remove if using Firefox? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Recently got an ASUS X540a. That's the first problem. One of the many others is that my system lags out badly and when I look at Task Manager it says... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CDahlSFCA, Jul 5, 2016.

1. CDahlSFCA Win User

Why is IE running? Is it ok to remove if using Firefox?

Recently got an ASUS X540a. That's the first problem. One of the many others is that my system lags out badly and when I look at Task Manager it says that Internet Explorer is running and using 99.1% of Disk. I don't want to browse with IE, already happy using Mozilla/Firefox. Is IE safe to remove?

:)

CDahlSFCA, Jul 5, 2016

2. is it ok to upgrade to windows 10 using media creation tool?

I reserved my copy of windows 10 ,Reservation is confirmed now but i am unable to download it using windows update,getting code error 80004005 again and again.Now i downloaded media creation tool to upgrade to windows 10. I just want to confirm will it be
    a same error free upgrade?

sheikhmuzammil_89, Jul 5, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 5, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Read this Tutorial and see if it solves your issue...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

OldMike65, Jul 5, 2016
  5. RonCFL Win User
    You can try to turn it OFF , see if it makes any different ..?

I'm using IE and Chrome , instead of Edge(Hate it)

Why is IE running?  Is it ok to remove if using Firefox? [​IMG]

RonCFL, Jul 5, 2016
  6. Yes untick what is marked and it will be disabled, once unticked you may have to restart your computer as it is a long time since I did it.

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why is IE running? Is it ok to remove if using Firefox? - Similar Threads - Why running remove

2. Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge: Hi, I noticed that in 2018, the same problems were happening as well. I tried everything I read online and nothing worked. I even had Norton check for a virus. No virus found. I also believe Microsoft is the problem like the male stated in 2018. Perhaps I should go to...
  3. Firefox Vs IE

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Vs IE: Hi, I'm not very good with technology. I've always used IE as my browser, I prefer IE especially IE menu bar, File, edit, view, etc, etc, I'm comfortable with IE menu bar it makes it easier for me. Although I tried Chrome, I just can't get used to it I'm wondering what...
  4. Can`t open Facebook & Instagram In Chrome, Opera, Firefox. Edge & IE - OK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can`t open Facebook & Instagram In Chrome, Opera, Firefox. Edge & IE - OK: I faced this problem couple of days back did research online and still no fix, i can open all sites through chrome except of facebook, instragram and whatsapp web. I tried reset chrome settings and dns release and flushing but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated!...
  5. Cannot attach files in OWA using IE, Firefox or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot attach files in OWA using IE, Firefox or Chrome: I am on Windows 10 and unable to attach files using Exchange Web Mail. When I click attachment option, nothing happens. I tried in Edge, IE, FireFox and Chrome and all have same behavior. I am on latest SilverLight version. Please let me know if this issue is still pending....
  6. Disabled IE but why?

in Browsers and Email
    Disabled IE but why?: Do I keep getting temporary files? Thanks 72058
  7. merge bookmarks firefox IE 10

in Browsers and Email
    merge bookmarks firefox IE 10: Hello I install yesterday xmark for IE and I merge bookmarks from both browsers :firefox-explorer.can I restore originalbookmarks of explorer?also I work to a second pc with win 10.some how appears and in IE 11 some bookmarks that I try to delete but after restart appears...
  8. remove ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    remove ie 11: I have windows 10 and originally had Ie 10. All of a sudden it has ie 11 which I don't like. I want to remove it and get back to 10. From the instructions I've see is to go to control panel click on add/remove programs. Then click on View installed updates, scroll down until...
  9. Java not running on IE

in Browsers and Email
    Java not running on IE: I am running windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. I am running Java 8. When I go to this page (https://data.bls.gov/pdq/querytool.jsp?survey=en) that requires Java It gives me this error below. Any suggestions? When I go to this page [img] 91521
  10. URL link opens in IE although Firefox is my default - why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL link opens in IE although Firefox is my default - why?: Haven't used my Win 10 Pro 64-bit much yet. But just noticed a problem. I have installed a program called HippoEdit, which is an advanced text editor for creating and editing code. (I'm not a coder -- I'm just starting to learn VBA for Word, and this program HippoEdit was...