Windows 10: Why is my camera light turning on and off randomly when I try to access twitter on...

Discus and support Why is my camera light turning on and off randomly when I try to access twitter on... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I checked camera's last used apps, scanned for malware it returned nothing. It only happens when I open twitter on microsoft edge browser and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by M_2023P, Dec 6, 2023.

1. M_2023P Win User

Why is my camera light turning on and off randomly when I try to access twitter on...

I checked camera's last used apps, scanned for malware it returned nothing. It only happens when I open twitter on microsoft edge browser and specifically when my Bose NC headphones are connected. I tested this multiple times and it happened repeatedly. I also accessed twitter with my headphones on other browsers like brave, firefox and chrome, this issue does not exist. It only happens with edge and I have no clue what is happening. I also restricted camera access permissions, it doesn't work.

:)

M_2023P, Dec 6, 2023
  2. AndreTen Win User

Skype for Business' access to camera

Scroll down. Those are only Store apps listed. Other apps are listed below. First you turn access on, and then you have the list off other apps

Here is mine

Why is my camera light turning on and off randomly when I try to access twitter on... 271667d1584999884t-skype-business-access-camera-image.png

Edit: and maybe some other program is using your camera at the time... only one can use it (at the time)

AndreTen, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Camera Light or flash light frozen on for ever

I have a Nokia 909 Windows 8.1 Phone. Suddenly, the camera light or flash light when on and it stays on frozen! I can find no way to turn it off. I when to AT & T retailer and they were unable to fix the problem neither. Any suggestions on how
    I can fix this problematic camera light or flash frozen on light? THE LIGHT OR FLASH LIGHT WON'T TURN OFF!hELP! PEASE!!!

BenitoGonzalez, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

Why is my camera light turning on and off randomly when I try to access twitter on...

Inspiron 3521 camera grainy and lighting is bad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to use Camera app?

• Have you installed all the pending updates?

• Have you installed any third party application recently?
    Step 1: I would suggest you to open Camera app and check if you are able to access the webcam or not.

• Type camera app in search bar and you will be able to open camera app.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest available web-cam software from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Step 3: I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Windows camera, microphone, and privacy - Microsoft Support

How to use the Camera app - Microsoft Support

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Why is my camera light turning on and off randomly when I try to access twitter on... - Similar Threads - Why camera light

2. Why is my camera light turning on and off randomly when I try to access twitter on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my camera light turning on and off randomly when I try to access twitter on...: I checked camera's last used apps, scanned for malware it returned nothing. It only happens when I open twitter on microsoft edge browser and specifically when my Bose NC headphones are connected. I tested this multiple times and it happened repeatedly. I also accessed...
  3. Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?

Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?: So I have a Windows 11 computer upgraded from 10 and only just recently it has started to turn on bluetooth after I turn it off or randomly. I've tried looking it up, going to Microsoft Support and watching videos but it only has the answer for phones or for how to stop it...
  4. Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my bluetooth turn on randomly when I turn it off?: So I have a Windows 11 computer upgraded from 10 and only just recently it has started to turn on bluetooth after I turn it off or randomly. I've tried looking it up, going to Microsoft Support and watching videos but it only has the answer for phones or for how to stop it...
  5. Why my camera is turning on and off when I'm using it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my camera is turning on and off when I'm using it?: After a few seconds, the preview will just become grayno error messages. And this time the camera light stays even if I totally closed the camera app. I just don't understand why. I tried the troubleshooting support, I also tried disabling and enabling the camera, I also...
  6. Why my camera is turning on and off when I'm using it?

Why my camera is turning on and off when I'm using it?: After a few seconds, the preview will just become grayno error messages. And this time the camera light stays even if I totally closed the camera app. I just don't understand why. I tried the troubleshooting support, I also tried disabling and enabling the camera, I also...
  7. Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...: I don't know if my laptop's manufacturer Lenovo did this on purpose or something maybe to ensure the indicator light is working but every time I turn on my laptop the camera indicator light will turn on and off for a split second. It works normally after that, such as when I...
  8. Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...

Camera indicator light turns on and off for a split second when I turn on my laptop, but...: I don't know if my laptop's manufacturer Lenovo did this on purpose or something maybe to ensure the indicator light is working but every time I turn on my laptop the camera indicator light will turn on and off for a split second. It works normally after that, such as when I...
  9. my webcam is permantly on,cant switch it off,tried privacy,turn off,etc,but camera light...

in Windows 10 Customization
    my webcam is permantly on,cant switch it off,tried privacy,turn off,etc,but camera light...: as above,cant turn off camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam-is-permantly-oncant-switch-it-offtried/0aaa848e-2fa6-4a05-a07d-63aa2df2e0a0
  10. Why is my camera turned off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my camera turned off?: Here's the problem: when I click on the camera app, a window opens but in the frame there's a camera icon with a red circle/slash that indicates it isn't available. I can't figure out why this is; maybe my husband fiddled with the security settings and turned it off??...