Windows 10: Why is my desktop/computer resetting itself after restarting??

Discus and support Why is my desktop/computer resetting itself after restarting?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tend to change things around sometimes (like pictures, icons) on my desktop and occasionally my computer freezes, usually during a game or something.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ssccrab, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ssccrab Win User

Why is my desktop/computer resetting itself after restarting??

I tend to change things around sometimes (like pictures, icons) on my desktop and occasionally my computer freezes, usually during a game or something. Upon restarting, it seems like Windows reverts the desktop to what it looked like a couple of hours ago, before I had changed anything around. I'm using a PNY 240gig SSD. It's almost like Windows creates some sort of save state (or lack there of) before a crash, and after rebooting, nothing at all was saved. Auto arrange is not active nor is any other option, from what I can tell, that would cause this.

Also I'm starting to have problems with using Audio through HDMI from my video card after selecting it in Playback Devices.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and might be able to help? Thanks!

System Spec

Computer type: PC/Desktop
    CPU: Intel LGA1150
    Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC Mate
    Memory: 32gig RAM
    Graphics Card(s): XFX Radeon R9 390X
    SSD: PNY 240gig

:)

ssccrab, Jul 14, 2016
  2. Summ_6666 Win User

Windows 10 has the old desktop disappeared

You just saved me. I had no clue why I no longer had a start menu or desktop option after my computer decided to restart itself. Thank you so much!!!

Summ_6666, Jul 14, 2016
  3. learYue Win User
    Window 10 will turn on my PC itself

After upgrade to window 10, my Lenovo desktop computer will turn on itself after I shut down it. So I have to reinstall to window 8.1. I have tried 3 times from upgrade to window 10, and down it back to window 8. I do not why it will turn it on itself
    in window 10. Please help.

learYue, Jul 14, 2016
  4. GitNet Win User

When you perform a hard shutdown before logging off, Windows won't save your settings IE taskbar size, start menu icons, desktop icon placements etc. This means that when you turn the computer off improperly, everything on your desktop will be back to the way it was when you last logged in. This isn't a bug, but a problem that Microsoft need to sort

GitNet, Jul 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Why is my desktop/computer resetting itself after restarting?? - Similar Threads - Why desktop computer

2. Windows reset itself, but everything was restored after a restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows reset itself, but everything was restored after a restart: I have a laptop with a 10th Gen Intel Core processor running Windows 10 version 21H1. There is only one account on it. When I logged into my laptop this morning, it was as if Windows had reset itself. Apps had reinstalled themselves (removing any personalization), and all my...
  3. Windows resets itself, but everything is restored after a restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows resets itself, but everything is restored after a restart: I have a laptop with a 10th Gen Intel Core processor running Windows 10 version 21H1. There is only one account on it. When I logged into my laptop this morning, it was as if Windows had reset itself. Apps had reinstalled themselves (removing any personalization), and all my...
  4. My desktop reset's itself whenever I restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop reset's itself whenever I restart: My desktop reset's itself whenever I restart the wallpaper is changed to default all the files exept in my drive are deleted leaving the installed programs. And now there is a new folder temp developed in my drive and all my downloaded files are saved in it. I want you to...
  5. Computer resets to default after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer resets to default after restart: Every time I turn on my computer I log in and find out that my wallpaper, pins, desktop, and other settings reset to defaults. It's really annoying and I don't know how to fix it, can anybody help? submitted by /u/Hamburger_____ [link] [comments]...
  6. My computer restart by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restart by itself.: I work at my pc on a daily basis, usually working with mozila firefox, when suddenly the screen go black and the manufactures logo Lenovo come up. The computer become in the throws of a self induced restart. I'm using Windows 10 Home . Why does it restart by itself? How...
  7. Every time I Restart my Computer, the desktop resets itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every time I Restart my Computer, the desktop resets itself: This is a problem that has been occurring to me for about 2 days now. I usually leave my computer on sleep mode so that it is easy to continue my work the following day. Yesterday, my computer hanged while i was doing my work and was not functioning at all. having no other...
  8. Computer Reset Itself?

Computer Reset Itself?: Hi, I'm Emily. So apparently, yesterday my computer reset itself, I think? I had a lot of apps; FireAlpaca, games like Roblox, and apps like Discord, etc. etc. Many photos in File Explorer and downloads. All of my emails connected, also using Chrome Web Store apps...
  9. My computer reset itself!!!???

My computer reset itself!!!???: I went to sign into my desktop a few days ago and a message came up saying something about my account settings have changed when I had not even used it in days or touched the settings. It let me log in but all of my files and everything were gone. The only thing that stayed...
  10. The computer restarts itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer restarts itself: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, yesterday I also installed Windows 10 Home on my officially licensed home computer, and when I wanted to install the Avast Premier antivirus software, I blew the desktop image and restarted it. I do not know which is the cause. I'm trying to...