Windows 10: Why is my Laptop not turning off the display when it supost to do it?

Discus and support Why is my Laptop not turning off the display when it supost to do it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Im been having a problem recently, my laptop power plan is set to turn off screen after 5 minutes while plugged in and it won't do it. I also notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jose Rivera4, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Why is my Laptop not turning off the display when it supost to do it?

Im been having a problem recently, my laptop power plan is set to turn off screen after 5 minutes while plugged in and it won't do it. I also notice that if I put 3, 2 or 1 minute it will do it, the screen does turn off, but not in 5 or 10 minutes.

:)

Jose Rivera4, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Dec 6, 2023
  3. In my Toshiba Satellite,model P55-A5312,the AC Power Light turn White ,Iknow supost to be blue,any advise?

In my Toshiba laptop the AC Power Light is turn white,Iknow supost to be blue,the AC is OK,the Bttery is OK,no problem charging,Iwonder wy the light turn strong white ,apreciate any help

HectorEdenburg, Dec 6, 2023
  4. n1trox Win User

Why is my Laptop not turning off the display when it supost to do it?

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Why is my Laptop not turning off the display when it supost to do it?

1. Why is my Laptop not turning off the display when it supost to do it? - Similar Threads - Why Laptop turning

2. Why is my Laptop not turning off the display when it supost to do it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Laptop not turning off the display when it supost to do it?: Im been having a problem recently, my laptop power plan is set to turn off screen after 5 minutes while plugged in and it won't do it. I also notice that if I put 3, 2 or 1 minute it will do it, the screen does turn off, but not in 5 or 10 minutes....
  3. Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid: Hi,I have a laptop connected to an external display via HDMI.I want to stop the laptop display turning off when closing the lid and everything moving to the secondary monitor.If I had a single monitor it's easy enough to stop the display turning off when closing the lid...
  4. Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid

Stop laptop display turning off when closing lid: Hi,I have a laptop connected to an external display via HDMI.I want to stop the laptop display turning off when closing the lid and everything moving to the secondary monitor.If I had a single monitor it's easy enough to stop the display turning off when closing the lid...
  5. My laptop keeps turning on and off displaying Mecer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps turning on and off displaying Mecer.: My laptop keeps turning on and off displaying Mecer, it's not possible for me to remove the battery and I was not performing a reset. It just started doing it on its own. How do I fix it? Please help.I have pressed the on button holding it and also doing it for shorter...
  6. Why does my screen intermittently not display when turning on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen intermittently not display when turning on my laptop?: Hello team,Sometimes after I shut down my laptop and boot it up, the screen will not display anything. This is intermittent. If I boot into the bios, I encounter no issues and it works 100% of the time, making me believe that there aren't any issues with the hardware. Here...
  7. Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should?: So I set it to go to sleep and turn off the screen after 30 mins or an hour, but it doesnt do that! It keeps everything on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-doesnt-go-to-sleep-or-turn-off/fbbbfd89-d37c-4500-a6c8-4f17a62b20c2
  8. Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should?: So I set it to go to sleep and turn off the screen after 30 mins or an hour, but it doesnt do that! It keeps everything on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-doesnt-go-to-sleep-or-turn-off/fbbbfd89-d37c-4500-a6c8-4f17a62b20c2
  9. Why my laptop doesnt go to sleep or turn off display as it should?

10. Turn Off Laptop Display When Connected to Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn Off Laptop Display When Connected to Two Monitors: Can anyone confirm if it's possible to tell Windows to turn off the laptop display when it's connected to two external monitors (with the monitors setup in extend mode)? I know this is possible when using one monitor but I can't find any confirmation of this working with two...