Windows 10: why is my startuplist empty in task manager?

Discus and support why is my startuplist empty in task manager? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; why is my startuplist empty in task manager? i want to delete the windows defender icon from there but i cant find it. help me please. edit:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vistascape, Aug 1, 2017.

1. why is my startuplist empty in task manager?

why is my startuplist empty in task manager?

i want to delete the windows defender icon from there but i cant find it.

help me please.

edit: im using this laptop as administrator so i should have all the privileges.

:)

vistascape, Aug 1, 2017
  2. JohnMano2 Win User

Tasks do not Syncronisze over outlook.com

I have a Windows Phone 8 (lumia 920)

and on desktop I user Outlook Professional Plus 2010 with Outlook.com

But I can not find the Tasks on my Phone.

I open the calender and swipe to the tasks but they are empty.

How can I find why they are not synced?

Or is there something I have to switch on?

JohnMano2, Aug 1, 2017
  3. Miccus Win User
    Windows Store Icon Missing on Task Bar

My windows 10 computer doesn't show windows store on the task bar. Instead an empty space appears on the task bar. I tried windows reset as others have recommended but after running wsreset.exe an error appears. When i click on the empty space Windows store
    opens but an empty blue window would appear and then the window would disappear. This occurs as well for the other apps for example photos. Also on the start, the store and the apps that won't open have no illustration on their tile. Instead an empty tile
    will only be present. I want to know why this is occurring and how to fix it. I have recently upgraded my computer from 8 then to 8.1 and finally windows 10 version 1151. Please Help me somebody.

Miccus, Aug 1, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Most likely there is nothing installed that needs a background task running in Startup. If you deleted the Defender task from that tab, you are going to have issues. Defender needs to start when Windows boots, if you are not using any other security software.

bro67, Aug 1, 2017
  5. docpipo Win User
    Hi, I'm not sure why they aren't showing up, however I may have a solution.

A program called CCleaner (CCleaner - The world optimization tool - Piriform).
    why is my startuplist empty in task manager? [​IMG]

Get it, open it, and click the Tools marker (blue in my picture) and you should be able to see every startup registry. From there you can delete or disable them, etc.
    Hope it helps.

docpipo, Aug 1, 2017
  6. ok i can see the startups now with that program but it still startsup even when disabling it or deleting it from the list. strange.

vistascape, Aug 1, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    That is because Defender is required to run in order to protect the system. Only way to not have it run is to replace it with another Anti Malware program. Why do you want no required tasks set by Windows to start?

bro67, Aug 1, 2017
  8. docpipo Win User

I think

is correct.

docpipo, Aug 1, 2017
  9. ok i disabled defender. why is the icon still there?

vistascape, Aug 1, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    No, your not going to have issues. That task in Task Manager's Startup is MSASCuiL.exe (for 1703 onwards, MSASCui.exe in 1607 and earlier). This is the User Interface, it's job is to sit in the notification tray, tell you what's going on and open the Defender user interface if you click on it. It is NOT the Defender real-time protection - that is MsMpEng.exe which is run as a service, and shown in Services as set for Automatic start.

11. pepanee Win User
    I've encountered this in the past:

There was a point in time where I wanted to completely disable Windows Defender (don't remember why), but after many different steps and suggestions to disable it, I reached the conclusion that it is practically impossible to disable Windows Defender. If I were you, I wouldn't go through the hassle of doing that. I believe that Microsoft intentionally has programmed Windows to always have Windows Defender running in the background no matter what (even if you manage to find ways to slightly disable it). It's best to have it running at all times anyways. You can disable it for a certain period of time (if there's something that you're doing that Windows Defender will find as a virus or something).

pepanee, Aug 1, 2017
  12. sml156 Win User
    You can disable defender by running defender

Open Defender by typing Defender in the search box(Cortana), then Select " Virus & Threat protection settings ", then select Turn off real time protection. It is not recommended to do this but it should not cause any problems other than catching a virus.

If you read the description for real time protection will you notice that it turns itself back on again after a while.

sml156, Aug 1, 2017
  13. why is my startuplist empty in task manager?

Removing systray icon will not affect WD's functionality. You can use Autoruns, it will show it for sure.
    Code: reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run" /v "Windows Defender" /f reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "Windows Defender" /f reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "WindowsDefender" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Aug 1, 2017
  14. [/quote] thank you so much brotha. that program is AMAZING.

vistascape, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. why is my startuplist empty in task manager? - Similar Threads - why startuplist empty

2. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% CPU load with empty task manager: Run into the issue where task manager shows 100% CPU load while all tasks give 0, already attempted to clear pc of malware with 3 different programs, remove everything in autoloader, update all the drivers, roll back the windows update and kill all the tasks at once with task...
  3. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% CPU load with empty task manager: Run into the issue where task manager shows 100% CPU load while all tasks give 0, already attempted to clear pc of malware with 3 different programs, remove everything in autoloader, update all the drivers, roll back the windows update and kill all the tasks at once with task...
  4. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Window 10 freezes after reset and task manager empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 freezes after reset and task manager empty: Yesterday, I did a window reset because task bar wasn't responding. I chose local download and remove everything. After that i had a lot of issues with the installation mostly about it being stuck at certain points but today the installation finished. The problem is when i...
  6. Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty: Hi all! From a month ago I find when open the Task Manager TM, it does not show any process in "Processes" tab. If I start TM immediately after reboot/logon, it shows everything correctly, until I close and try to open again. Then the tab is empty. I find a...
  7. Empty Startup in Task Manager

Empty Startup in Task Manager: Hi, There are no startup Programs being shown Task Manager except for a single Program named "program" and when I try opening them through Settings its empty no Programs are shown there as well . Can anybody please help me regarding this issue? I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  8. Task Manager's "App History" tab is empty. "No Data Available"

Task Manager's "App History" tab is empty. "No Data Available": Hi there, As mentionned in the title, I just noticed that the App History tab in Windows Task Manager is empty on my system. I used the Microsoft Upgrade assistant on 11/11 to get the latest update while clearing a few problems I had with my installation. The tab mentions...
  9. Task Manager Process tab is empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Manager Process tab is empty: I have been having this problem for at least the last year. Task Manager shows information on all tabs *except* the process tab which is empty. I have run SFC and DISM scanhealth and restorehealth in that order and it will work on the next reboot for one to two days. It...
  10. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager startup empty administrator