Windows 10: Why is my wifi slow on my pc only

Discus and support Why is my wifi slow on my pc only in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Wi-Fi has been very slow on my pc which results in me not being able to do even basic things such as use google or YouTube. It seems to only be slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cory_1013, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Cory_1013 Win User

Why is my wifi slow on my pc only

My Wi-Fi has been very slow on my pc which results in me not being able to do even basic things such as use google or YouTube. It seems to only be slow on my pc. I ran internet speed tests on other devices connected to the internet and they seem to be normal and up to speed. I've also been looking at other peoples community posts to try and find answers. Some of the things I have tried are resetting unplugging my router, doing a network reset, updating my network drivers, using the network troubleshooter, and using different commands in the command prompt. So far none of these things have wo

:)

Cory_1013, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Nov 30, 2023
  4. John Vil Win User

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

1. Why is my wifi slow on my pc only - Similar Threads - Why wifi slow

2. My wifi is slow ONLY on my desktop pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi is slow ONLY on my desktop pc.: I have a desktop that has been running wifi incredibly slow as of late, last few months. My WiFi has been running as it should on my other devices such as my laptop and my IPhone. I have reset the computer, completed all windows updates, checked to make sure network drivers...
  3. My wifi is slow ONLY on my desktop pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi is slow ONLY on my desktop pc.: I have a desktop that has been running wifi incredibly slow as of late, last few months. My WiFi has been running as it should on my other devices such as my laptop and my IPhone. I have reset the computer, completed all windows updates, checked to make sure network drivers...
  4. Why is my wifi slow on my pc only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wifi slow on my pc only: My Wi-Fi has been very slow on my pc which results in me not being able to do even basic things such as use google or YouTube. It seems to only be slow on my pc. I ran internet speed tests on other devices connected to the internet and they seem to be normal and up to speed....
  5. Why is my wifi slow on my pc only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my wifi slow on my pc only: My Wi-Fi has been very slow on my pc which results in me not being able to do even basic things such as use google or YouTube. It seems to only be slow on my pc. I ran internet speed tests on other devices connected to the internet and they seem to be normal and up to speed....
  6. My wifi is slow only on my pc, nothing else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi is slow only on my pc, nothing else: My wifi speeds are ok, and it works consistently on all of my other devices 30mbps download, around 18 upload, but on my new desktop pc with a built in motherboard wireless connection it will jusdt randomly drop out, more noticeably during online gaming, where it seems to...
  7. My wifi is slow only on my pc, nothing else

My wifi is slow only on my pc, nothing else: My wifi speeds are ok, and it works consistently on all of my other devices 30mbps download, around 18 upload, but on my new desktop pc with a built in motherboard wireless connection it will jusdt randomly drop out, more noticeably during online gaming, where it seems to...
  8. My wifi is slow only on my pc, nothing else

9. ONLY my pc has slow wifi speeds?

ONLY my pc has slow wifi speeds?: Here's what I did: uninstalled apps/softwares, reinstalled windows, network reset, tried a VPN and even switched to a new and improved wifi card. Ethernet wired speeds worked great at 850mb/download.When I moved my desktop right next to the modem it improved, but not great. I...
  10. ONLY my pc has slow wifi speeds?

ONLY my pc has slow wifi speeds?: Here's what I did: uninstalled apps/softwares, reinstalled windows, network reset, tried a VPN and even switched to a new and improved wifi card. Ethernet wired speeds worked great at 850mb/download.When I moved my desktop right next to the modem it improved, but not great. I...