Windows 10: Why is my windows 10 start menu different from the original

Discus and support Why is my windows 10 start menu different from the original in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [img] It looks something like this 63097 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by elseif, Sep 8, 2016.

1. elseif Win User

Why is my windows 10 start menu different from the original

Why is my windows 10 start menu different from the original [​IMG]

It looks something like this

:)

elseif, Sep 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 Start menu doesn't work.

Original title: Windows 10 Sucks!!! Start Menu????

Why in the **** is my start menu always crapping out????!!!!!

ELPrimerMundo, Sep 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 start menu critical error

Original title: Windows 10 taskbar

My start menu is still dead, I get a critical error whenever I try to use it.

Have now tried about four different fixes.

It seems that there's no clear reason why this is happening.

Anyone got any ideas?

Then - after advice from J

WardDarcey, Sep 8, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

The Start menu has had a makeover for the Anniversary Update (1607). The main change is that you no longer need to click on All Apps to open the list, scroll down a bit and you'll find it already open beneath 'Suggested'. To make space for this, Settings, Power etc. have been shrunk to icons on the left edge. Click the three solid line at the top left to expand them out to 'icons with names' as they used to appear.

More on the redesign here: This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

Bree, Sep 8, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User

You can turn on and off the "Recently Added" and "Most Used" if you want and just have list like this....

Go to Settings > Personlization > Start and choose...

lx07, Sep 8, 2016
  6. elseif Win User
    THank you so much , everything's clear to me now.

elseif, Sep 8, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    Good news.

I'd recommend keeping "Occasionally show suggestions in Start" turned off. All it seems to do for me is stick a random advert for a Fibre cable provider in apparently at random.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why is my windows 10 start menu different from the original - Similar Threads - Why start menu

2. Why is my start menu crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my start menu crashing?: Hey GuysAbout 2 nights ago i set a new wallpaper on my pc, and whilst doing this i have found a setting that said: Set as tile.I didnt know what was it so i clicked nothing seemed to happen. Later i tried to turn of my pc and it wouldnt do so because the start menu was...
  3. Why is my start menu crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my start menu crashing?: Hey GuysAbout 2 nights ago i set a new wallpaper on my pc, and whilst doing this i have found a setting that said: Set as tile.I didnt know what was it so i clicked nothing seemed to happen. Later i tried to turn of my pc and it wouldnt do so because the start menu was...
  4. Why was the Start Menu removed from windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was the Start Menu removed from windows 11?: I've been trying to get a fix so I can get a working start menu as per all the other older windows versions. However it seems they have been blocked/broken by Microsoft.The start menu now is garbage. If you can avoid upgrading I would. I much prefer a sensible start menu. It...
  5. Why was the Start Menu removed from windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why was the Start Menu removed from windows 11?: I've been trying to get a fix so I can get a working start menu as per all the other older windows versions. However it seems they have been blocked/broken by Microsoft.The start menu now is garbage. If you can avoid upgrading I would. I much prefer a sensible start menu. It...
  6. Why my Cortana menu different

in Cortana
    Why my Cortana menu different: Other Cortana Menu: [ATTACH] My cortana menu: [ATTACH] How can i get the same at first one. [Move from Thai] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-cortana-menu-different/1da63d9b-45d9-4c5b-ab32-de64f69764ba
  7. Why is my Start Menu Oversized?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Start Menu Oversized?: [ATTACH] Idk how this happened but is there a fix to this? https://preview.redd.it/kt1vf6ed32561.png?width=787&format=png&auto=webp&s=645e6903fac33810bb007f08b8a00bae6af5a779 submitted by /u/FatBoi1013777 [link] [comments]...
  8. returning start menu to original format

in Windows 10 Customization
    returning start menu to original format: returning start menu to original format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/returning-start-menu-to-original-format/c1d3eac8-5459-4f9d-9d27-d6aa70897d2e
  9. Start menu different

Start menu different: Split from this thread. I recently downloaded an update of Copic search.; They changed the start menu. How can I revert to the prior format? I have since deleted the program as I was advised that it is not secure by my McCaffrey...
  10. Get back the original windows 10 start menu

Get back the original windows 10 start menu: After the Anniversary update Windows 10 Start menu looks cluttered. I like things to the minimal. Is there a way to revert back to the previous windows 10 menu? 60549

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my windows 10mtaskbar differnt

2. why is my start menu different