Windows 10: Why is Network 3 showing on my desktop PC?

Discus and support Why is Network 3 showing on my desktop PC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I just noticed when I hover over the Network symbol in task bar it says 'Network 3'? I don't think it said that before? It simply said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeddie, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Jeddie Win User

Why is Network 3 showing on my desktop PC?

Hello all,

I just noticed when I hover over the Network symbol in task bar it says 'Network 3'? I don't think it said that before? It simply said 'Network'. I think?

My setup
    * Only PC on network is my desktop connected by LAN to modem.
    * We connect smart phones & work laptop etc via wifi from time to time to my network.
    * From time to time I connect my desktop PC to internet via VPN.
    * Recently while doing some unrelated testing, I disconnected my existing Modem, connected an old modem, then re connected existing modem. This could be the reason I'm guessing.

So what does it mean? Why has it changed?
    Where is Network 1 or Network 2?
    What is the driver of this Network numbering?

:)

Jeddie, Apr 1, 2017
  2. lacrumb Win User

Why is my network only showing “Network settings” “change settings such as making a connection metered” SETTING UP WIRELESS NEW COMPUTER WINDOWS 10

To help us to help you and to properly get answers to your post you should include some minimum information.

1. Device type. ie PC, Laptop, Tablet, Surface, Phone

2. Who made it and model. If home built what type motherboard

3. OS type, Home, Pro, Enterprise, etc

4. Current build. Go Settings, System. About. OS build XXXXXX.XXXX

Go Device Manager, Network adapter and check statue. There should be the name of the adapter. If it is active then Go Settings, Network & Internet, Wi-Fi, Show available networks. pick your network, connect,and follow with the password if asked.

lacrumb, Apr 1, 2017
  3. King1234Q Win User
    Why is my network only showing “Network settings” “change settings such as making a connection metered” SETTING UP WIRELESS NEW COMPUTER WINDOWS 10

My new computer is on windows 10 and i am having a hard time to find a wireless adapter how will i connect to out wifi if it is not showing i tried the device manager thingy and i dont even see wireless names i even updated everything but its already up
    to date

Moved from:

Windows /Windows 10 /Windows
    settings

King1234Q, Apr 1, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Open up Device Manager and show Hidden devices.

bro67, Apr 1, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    If you change router it sees it as a new network

Samuria, Apr 1, 2017
  6. Jeddie Win User
    Yes I suspected this may be the reason.

So do people bother to rename 'Network 3' back to say 'Network'? I know this is really not a big issue.

What do others do?

Just trying to

Jeddie, Apr 3, 2017
  7. clam1952 Win User
    I ignore it, up to network 7 on one PC.

clam1952, Apr 3, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

That is from your Registry remembering each network connection. I tend to kill them off after a while if I am not using the unit between the two routers on my system or the Wireless. That is the bad part about Windows and iOS, unlike Mac OS, Linux, Android. iOS you can do a Network reset or use Mac OS to erase old networks. Windows you can use third party tools like the Farbar tools to remove those old network or kill them off in the registry or Hidden Devices.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why is Network 3 showing on my desktop PC? - Similar Threads - Why Network showing

2. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The network shows my PRINTER as a PC: When I try to connect to my pc from my Laptop, the network shows my PRINTER as a PC and also as a printer, But the PC does not show up on the network,? How can I fix that?...
  3. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The network shows my PRINTER as a PC: When I try to connect to my pc from my Laptop, the network shows my PRINTER as a PC and also as a printer, But the PC does not show up on the network,? How can I fix that?...
  4. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My Desktop PC doesn't show all available networks

My Desktop PC doesn't show all available networks: I am running Windows 10 on my desktop PC. The only problem I have so far is with the internet connection. When I connect a wi-fi adapter, Tenda UH150, which is compatible with Windows 10, sometimes it does NOT show my home network.However, the Ethernet adapter works fine.Even...
  6. Why are my TV's showing up in Network?

Why are my TV's showing up in Network?: When my TV is on and I click Network in Windows Explorer, The TV shows up under Media Devices and Other Devices. What is the purpose of this. Click on them just shows their Properties. 164151
  7. PC not visible in home network 3 pc's

PC not visible in home network 3 pc's: Hi everybody, I have a problem in my home network, made of 3 pc . One of them sees the other 2 while it is not visible by the others. Here find a description of the network: Pc A: desktop win10 home - wired Pc B: desktop win10 pro - wired Pc C: laptop win10 pro...
  8. why are my networked files showing as offline?

why are my networked files showing as offline?: why are my networked files showing as offline? how do I set them to online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-networked-files-showing-as-offline/81a6ca79-cf3d-4253-ae64-e244cff57c21
  9. Why is my name showing up on "NETWORK" ?

Why is my name showing up on "NETWORK" ?: Hey guys, i got an issue with my laptop. I am trying to change a folder name because it is named after me which is a different name than what i call my computer. Every time i go to rename it it won't let me. I have no idea why my first name is being used on a folder. I would...
  10. Phone showing on my PC Network

Phone showing on my PC Network: I have just installed Windows 10 and noticed something ive not seen before on my Network, it shows a phone G510-0100. I don't recall every adding this phone and i cant see how to remove it. Any help will be most grateful 17609