Windows 10: Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer?

Discus and support Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app,and the item you tried to access is not available . Contact IT helpdesk for more... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndrewFerrell, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer?

Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app,and the item you tried to access is not available . Contact IT helpdesk for more information. This is the message I get when I try to scan a drive using windows defender (right click and scan using windows defender option).

The only thing that changed between it working and not was the April 2018 update. This is my own computer and I am the system administrator.
    I do have periodic scanning turned on. Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer? [​IMG] Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer? 5b36c1ce-a3a5-46e0-af31-a9917108a844?upload=true.jpg Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer? e98b837d-6dc4-4596-b956-0b5943e58e5c?upload=true.jpg Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer? 59ede3c4-28aa-419d-8d24-b1d137dbe1d3?upload=true.jpg

:)

AndrewFerrell, Aug 17, 2018

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Remove Scan with Windows Defender

I've updated step 3 in OPTION ONE below. It should work for you now. *Smile

Scan with Windows Defender Context Menu - Add in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 17, 2018
  4. avemaria Win User

Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer?

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer?

1. Why is "Scan with Windows Defender" blocked by IT on a personal computer? - Similar Threads - Why Scan Defender

2. Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer: Reinstalled windows on my laptop and now i can't open windows-security or windows-defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-blocked-by-it-admin-on-my/a61abf74-8937-4235-9b5b-bc672025ea40
  3. Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows-security is blocked by IT-admin on my personal computer: Reinstalled windows on my laptop and now i can't open windows-security or windows-defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-blocked-by-it-admin-on-my/a61abf74-8937-4235-9b5b-bc672025ea40
  4. Windows defender blocked my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocked my computer: What to do when Windows defender blocks my computer Moved from Microsoft Office 365 to Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-my-computer/c159f33e-e5d7-4b79-8e0c-2bc6dc71e861
  5. Why are two Windows Defender Scans running at once?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are two Windows Defender Scans running at once?: I'm currently facing an issue that I haven't seen anyone else deal with. Every time I open up my Task Manager, There are two Windows Defender Scans running at once and they take up all my CPU which is an IntelR CoreTM i5-4570TE @ 2.70 GHz. I am able to close them in the Task...
  6. Windows Defender scan overheats my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Defender scan overheats my computer: I use the Core Temp utility. The full scan always brings the cpu hovering around the 100% range, but today, while running a full scan, first time in five years Core Temp gives me a notification that cpu temp is 68C, which is over the specified threshold. After scan now 31C....
  7. blocked files on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocked files on my personal computer: i have windows 10 in my personal computer I recently installed microsoft 365 now i have been blocked from making changes to all my files on my personal computer. help...
  8. Block during Windows Defender offline Scan

Block during Windows Defender offline Scan: I ran a Windows Defenders offline scan. I received this error message for a block during the scan. What if anything should I do about this? Thank you for your time. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender/Operational Source: Microsoft-Windows-Windows...
  9. defender virus scanning not work why?

defender virus scanning not work why?: defender virus scanning not work why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-virus-scanning-not-work-why/1e1e885f-ff9e-4e5c-b7a9-e5eeb0c3cae8
  10. Scan to computer is blocked

Scan to computer is blocked: I cannot save a scanned document to my computer. I get the following message: Virus & threat protection Unauthorised changes blocked Controlled folder access blocked C:\Program F...\HPScan.exe from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents Also getting this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. it helpdesk windows defender

2. windows defender your it administrator has blocked access windows 10

3. page not available windows defender scan

4. quick scan from windows defender is not available,
  5. windows defender not giving access to scan,
  6. scan with windows defender page not available,
  7. windows defender scan document page not available,
  8. why page not available your it administrator,
  9. windows defender yoru it administrator has blocked virus scanner,
  10. windows defender your it administrator has blocked access,
  11. why cant i scan with windows defender,