Windows 10: Why is share function in Photo app so limited?

Discus and support Why is share function in Photo app so limited? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to post photos that I have edited in Photo App to Instagram. I'm running Windows 10 and have Instagram installed. Reinstalling Instagram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StephenCollicoat, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Why is share function in Photo app so limited?

I would like to post photos that I have edited in Photo App to Instagram. I'm running Windows 10 and have Instagram installed. Reinstalling Instagram doesn't help to add this site to the share options. Millions of others must find this frustrating as well. Why not have a short list of popular photo sharing apps, e.g Instagram, Google photos etc. you can access from the Photo app, as well as Facebook and Twitter . Is this a territorial thing, i.e. anything Microsoft doesn't own or can sell is of no interest? I have suggested they include this improvement with the next Windows 10 upgrade, but don't really expect this will happen.

:)

StephenCollicoat, Jul 26, 2018

2. Windows photo app - Export/Share function problem.

Hi Mark,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution, we would like to verify the following:

• Are you pertaining to the Windows Photo app?
    • Were there any updates/changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Aside from CahangirTahirov's suggestion, can you tell us what other troubleshooting steps have you taken?
    • Have you tried the other troubleshooting steps provided in this thread? If yes, can you tell us what are those, and what are the results?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    How to make shared photo directory visible in PICTURES app in WindowsMoblie 10?

Hello Piotr,

Shared photos from OneDrive can only be viewed by the owner of the photos on the Photos app. The person you shared it with can only view or edit it on OneDrive. We would recommend that you send a suggestion in
    Feedback Hub app to make this feature available on Windows 10 Mobile.

To send a suggestion, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All apps, search for the Feedback Hub
      app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Arnie Est, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Why is share function in Photo app so limited?

Re-install Windows 10 Photo Edit app "Warm" Function

Hi,

To better understand your concern about the app in Windows 10, please answer the following:

• Are you pertaining to the Photos app?
    • Did you lose the function after updating the app?
    If you lost the function after an update was installed on your computer, you can try the steps on this

page
    to restore from a system restore point. Doing this will revert your computer's state to when you haven't updated the system.

We also suggest you provide a feedback or suggestion
    here
    for Microsoft to look into your opinion about our products.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruz San, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Why is share function in Photo app so limited?

1. Why is share function in Photo app so limited? - Similar Threads - Why share function

2. Why is the Photos App Not Functioning like it Always Has??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the Photos App Not Functioning like it Always Has??: My current laptop is one year old, has an i7 proc, and 16GB RAM. It's not a resource issue. I have long used the Windows built-in application for viewing pictures. Starting with Windows 10 and now 11, I have fully leveraged Photos to view, make quick edits, and...
  3. Why is the Photos App Not Functioning like it Always Has??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the Photos App Not Functioning like it Always Has??: My current laptop is one year old, has an i7 proc, and 16GB RAM. It's not a resource issue. I have long used the Windows built-in application for viewing pictures. Starting with Windows 10 and now 11, I have fully leveraged Photos to view, make quick edits, and...
  4. Why is the image in MIcrosoft's photos app so small?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the image in MIcrosoft's photos app so small?: Why is the image in MIcrosoft's photos app so small? I could include a screenshot here but I don't see how to attach a document. Hope this isn't too complicated or misstated. Thanks....
  5. Unable to uninstall an App with limited functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall an App with limited functionality: The Your Phone app is of little use for Windows users with Apple devices. I recognise that this is primarily down to the way Apple lock down their environment and in particular iOS so is not the fault of Microsoft itself.However as a significant user base can't make use of...
  6. Unable to uninstall an App with limited functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to uninstall an App with limited functionality: The Your Phone app is of little use for Windows users with Apple devices. I recognise that this is primarily down to the way Apple lock down their environment and in particular iOS so is not the fault of Microsoft itself.However as a significant user base can't make use of...
  7. Apps and Game limits on shared computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Apps and Game limits on shared computer: I have two kids using one PC. Both are in my family, I have activity reporting turned on for both, screen time limits work properly for both, and the PC is showing as a device for both kids. Here's the problem: Kid 1 has installed several games and apps, e.g. Discord, Call...
  8. Microsoft photo app limitations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft photo app limitations: Does Microsoft photo app have a limit on the number of folders and/or the number of pictures? If I remove a current folder, I am able to add another. Otherwise I am not allowed to add a new folder....
  9. Export or Share function not working in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    Export or Share function not working in Windows 10 Photos app: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, in the Photos App of Windows 10, the Export/Share button that allows the user to export or share the images and videos from the app may fail to work. This can be troublesome if the app is already [...] This post Export or Share function not working...
  10. Limited Functionality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Limited Functionality: Hi! Over the several days, my computer is running as well as it has in the past. I ran a troubleshooter for the network, but the result said that it couldn't identify the problem. I came across the "Fix network connection issues in Windows", and I tried the first option, but...