Windows 10: Why is system restore not enabled as default?

Discus and support Why is system restore not enabled as default? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hey Guys Is there a reason system restore is not enabled as default? Not needed any more/ is there now a better alternative ? Many thanks....... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ancient, Aug 2, 2015.

1. ancient Win User

Why is system restore not enabled as default?

Hey Guys

Is there a reason system restore is not enabled as default?
    Not needed any more/ is there now a better alternative ?

Many thanks....

:)

ancient, Aug 2, 2015

2. Window Installer on startup

I would recommend you perform a system restore before you had installed the crack and the software:

Why and How to Enable System Restore in Windows 10

If system restore is not available, try disabling the Installer through Task Manager.

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager

Click Startup

Look for the installer in question then select it then click Disable.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Repairing disk errors this may take over a hour to complete

This tends to happen if the system is improperly shutdown, flawed Windows Update, application or even a bad driver. Thats why I recommend you regular create system system restore point, especially before installing cumulative updates.

Windows 10 Tip: Enable and Create a System Restore Point (Updated)

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-10-ena...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Why is system restore not enabled as default?

TairikuOkami, Aug 2, 2015
  5. ancient Win User
    ah makes sense, thank you.

ancient, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why is system restore not enabled as default?

1. Why is system restore not enabled as default? - Similar Threads - Why system restore

2. System Restore Point- Enabling System Protection.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Point- Enabling System Protection.: Hi, when I went to make a system restore point, with protection enabled, it showed a warning message exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle. The message said 'Using system protection on a drive that contains system image backups will cause other shadow copies to be deleted...
  3. How to restore default system fonts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore default system fonts?: [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm a designer and recently installed some very bold variants of Helvetica Neue on my PC. It works fine for my purposes but has taken over as the default system font - as you can see in the attached screenshot of a random webpage. Wherever another font is...
  4. enable system restore registry key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    enable system restore registry key: Do someone know if it is posible to enable system restore with registry key in windows 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-system-restore-registry-key/9e34679f-12cd-4433-8750-3bdce6f7f360
  5. Restore/Reset System to defaults

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore/Reset System to defaults: Hi, I bought a laptop Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 model 3 months ago. This was meant to be a temporary machine, as I was waiting for my primary laptop machine to be back from the service. Now Im not using this machine at all and I want to sell it. And for obvious reasons I...
  6. Why is System Restore not automatically activated as default?

Why is System Restore not automatically activated as default?: Is there a reason why system restore is not automatically activated as default in Windows 10? Does it work well or are there alternative solutions? My experience with Windows 7 was that it sometimes worked OK but not all the time and I had problems with recovery system...
  7. Can't enable System Restore

Can't enable System Restore: Noticed my System Protection was not enabled. Can't click on the "Turn on......" Does nothing when I try to "Turn on...." Attached a pic. 20397
  8. Why is system restore disabled by default?

Why is system restore disabled by default?: Any ideas? I understand, that 10 relies on reset/refresh, but disabling SR is a bit drastic. *Shock Especially taking into account, how many flaws are in 10 right now, I wonder how it made RTM. 11443
  9. System Restore disabled and cannot enable it

System Restore disabled and cannot enable it: Hi Since installing Windows 10 I've had a problem with System Restore. I've searched the web (including this forum) but so far have not found anyone with my particular problem. I'm not saying they're not there, just that I've not found them yet. As you can see from the...
  10. Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows How to Enable or Disable System Restore in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 restore point) without losing personal data files. System Restore is enabled by default in Windows. If disabled, create a restore...