Windows 10: Why is the start-menu changing post-deployment?

Discus and support Why is the start-menu changing post-deployment? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I'm sitting here struggling a lot to get the Windows 10 Start Menu customized for deployment in our corporate environment. I've read up on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lovemonkey, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Why is the start-menu changing post-deployment?

Hi!

I'm sitting here struggling a lot to get the Windows 10 Start Menu customized for deployment in our corporate environment. I've read up on the different ways to add a customized menu such as adding a task during deployment, the problem is that we don't have MDT.

All we use is WDS with a boot-image to run installs and capture updated images to .wim

Now, I managed to get the customized start-menu anyway, both through CopyProfile in unattend.xml and by using Import-StartLayout to the .wim file - HOWEVER - after the image is deployed, the start-menu has resized itself and moved tiles.

Pre-deployment configured on built-in Administrator account:
    https://i.imgur.com/vxdPKTI.png

Post-Deployment:
    https://i.imgur.com/qLUtXcu.png

Has anyone figured out why this happens/how to fix it? Can I somehow LOCK the Application Groups/Tiles inplace so it doesn't resize?

:)

lovemonkey, Nov 23, 2015

2. Why is the Win 10 menu incomplete?

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

• What does it mean when you say menu is incomplete?

• Did you find any errors?
    If you have issues with the Start menu, I suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue or if you have any suggestions,
    I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows update.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 23, 2015
  3. Why is the Win 10 menu incomplete?

Why is the Win 10 menu incomplete? I have had to install Classic Shell to make sense of it! Microsoft wake up and listen to your customers!

JohnnyReaction, Nov 23, 2015
Thema:

Why is the start-menu changing post-deployment?

1. Why is the start-menu changing post-deployment? - Similar Threads - Why start menu

2. Why was the start menu removed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why was the start menu removed?: I use it for everything and I haven't installed Win11 yet but this change makes me not want to update to win 11 at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-the-start-menu-removed/15770e8c-dd38-4fcc-a946-7b39b6725f62
  3. Why was the start menu removed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was the start menu removed?: I use it for everything and I haven't installed Win11 yet but this change makes me not want to update to win 11 at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-the-start-menu-removed/15770e8c-dd38-4fcc-a946-7b39b6725f62
  4. reg : change image post deployment ^MA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reg : change image post deployment ^MA: Dear sir, good evening,sir my question is regarding post edit of image os in microsoft azure ^VMIf you can see my account has lot of virtual machines. :: once we created virtual machine after deployment. deployment is done sir. now after deployment how would i change the...
  5. reg : change image post deployment ^MA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reg : change image post deployment ^MA: Dear sir, good evening,sir my question is regarding post edit of image os in microsoft azure ^VMIf you can see my account has lot of virtual machines. :: once we created virtual machine after deployment. deployment is done sir. now after deployment how would i change the...
  6. Start Menu Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Changed: How do I get out of this windows 10 start menu? It's on the left of the screen and the desktop image is muted. I have the windows 7 classic shell but it doesn't work like before I updated windows. [ATTACH]...
  7. Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen: This thread is meant to showcase the new Windows 10 Start menu with tiles or the more familiar Windows 8 Start Screen. You can use either the Start Menu or Start Screen by following Brink's Tutorial [img] Start Menu [img] Start Screen 1994
  8. Post 1607 update start menu/apps not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Post 1607 update start menu/apps not working: Pulling my hair out... I have updated several computers to the Windows 10 anniversary update and all went without a hitch until the last computer I updated. The start menu button will not work, and when trying to open windows apps like Edge and Store the app will momentarily...
  9. Can not get deployed Start menu to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not get deployed Start menu to work: Hello. Long time listener, first time caller. I am having some troubles with deploying the start menu using a custom XML. I am setting up a master image to deploy over around 50 staff computers. I have got almost everything the way I want it. I have created the xml for the...
  10. Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why did the Anniversary update change my Start Menu?: Is there not an option, other than a 3rd party app? This is ridiculous. 62463