Windows 10: Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?

Discus and support Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I started using the built-in Windows 10 Mail app. It's got a nice user interface. However, I'm finding... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mbratch, Feb 5, 2016.

1. mbratch Win User

Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?

When I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I started using the built-in Windows 10 Mail app. It's got a nice user interface. However, I'm finding that it takes FOREVER to sync. Well... around 10 minutes. I have 3 Gmail accounts and one Time Warner Cable account. All IMAP based. Any other mail client I've used, including on my mobile phone syncs up in seconds.

At this rate, I'll probably go back to using Thunderbird (which syncs quickly) unless there's a solution to the performance issue.

:)

mbratch, Feb 5, 2016
  2. Alarthon Win User

Why is the Windows Store App SO SLOW?

I wrote a how to increase download speeds
    here
    . Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Alarthon, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Why is the Windows Store App SO SLOW?

Omg I mean, I want to spend money here and buy some games, but 8.5 hours to download Ark Survival? Really? I have a 50mb Down 50mb Up connection and download games from steam in like 20 minutes. What's going on over there? Why are you guys throttling speeds
    for games people literally hand you money to buy?

Toxic Pagan, Feb 5, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

That would be your best move.
    the Mail app is.................. " for the birds."

davidhk, Feb 5, 2016
  5. Try this
    Open Mail
    Settings
    Then Manage Accounts
    Then click on the account you want
    once open click
    Change Mailbox Sync Settings
    I have mine set to
    As item arrives
    Click Save
    You should be good to go

hTconeM9user, Feb 6, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I would follow the slogan.......................
    If it ain't broke, don't change it.

It's nice and perfectly normal to try something "new". But don't let that become a burden.

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
  7. The OP is trying to get his Mail App to work faster I have given him how to do it.
    That should also clear hopefully the other problem he has.
    He asked for a solution which I have given him in my other post

8. davidhk Win User

And I gave my recommendation.

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
  9. He I believe likes it and wants it to work
    If what I have posted does not work then
    Will try other solutions
    By doing as I have put in my first post it hits my phone and Mail App at same time.

10. davidhk Win User
    mbratch,
    It might take some time, but please post back if you have found a solution.
    If yes, which solution ?
    If no, do you go back to T-bird and chose something else ?

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
  11. mbratch Win User
    "As item arrives" isn't a choice in my settings. Perhaps it only applies to certain account types, but it doesn't seem to apply to Time Warner IMAP, or Gmail IMAP accounts.

mbratch, Feb 6, 2016
  12. Josbeph Win User
    Windows Live Mail is the best free one, or if you have a subscription to Office (any version and any year) use Office Outlook. I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2016. Probably the best behind Office 2007

Josbeph, Feb 6, 2016
  13. mbratch Win User

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Office Outlook, but it doesn't actively sync with Google calendar. You can only import a static snapshot of the calendar. I did some research and there are some unnatural acts which I think can be performed to eventually coerce Outlook to sync with it, but they sounded messy to me and I did not pursue them.

I also tried Windows Live Mail some months ago. It is a nice mail client. However, it doesn't recognize my Google contacts like Windows 10 Mail and Thunderbird do, so I abandoned it. I didn't investigate for very long if there was a way to get it to look up contacts in Google contacts. I found lots of information about how to import Google contacts into Windows, but I don't want to just import them. I want the client to be able to actively sync with Google contacts so changes to the contact list are seamless.

mbratch, Feb 6, 2016
  14. Yes my G.mail is set up the same as outlook and aol.

Yes gmail imap

15. davidhk Win User
    Sounds like back to post #1.

Stay with Thunderbird is your best option........................bar NONE.

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow? - Similar Threads - Why Mail app

2. Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?: I am in Windows 11 latest version but most of the UWP apps are so slow. Not every one of them, apps like UWP Notepad and the new Paint loads fast. But most of them like clock, photos, to do, mail, calendar etc. are very slow they are working fine but takes much time to load....
  3. Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?: I am in Windows 11 latest version but most of the UWP apps are so slow. Not every one of them, apps like UWP Notepad and the new Paint loads fast. But most of them like clock, photos, to do, mail, calendar etc. are very slow they are working fine but takes much time to load....
  4. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  5. why is it so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is it so slow: COPY SPEED IS 355KB/S, AND IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN 1 FREAKING DAY TO COPY I'm using an microSD to SD adapter, really cheap also it takesSO FREAKING LONG to cancel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-slow/292018ca-218f-4cd6-8fbf-e369a890819c
  6. Why is the windows 10 so slow?

Why is the windows 10 so slow?: Why is the windows 10 so slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-windows-10-so-slow/0d66d253-0b06-40bb-af8c-0bf4521a5ce9
  7. Why Window 10 is so slow?

Why Window 10 is so slow?: My computer is running slowly when it got windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-window-10-is-so-slow/04f39f6c-e865-4065-8bc4-ee80711fe8b9
  8. Why make it so HARD Mail APP

Why make it so HARD Mail APP: Windows 10 Outlook user. 365 account Using from desktop. When choosing to send a page from onenote required to use MAIL APP.. Successfully tied that to my Outlook account AND turned off notification in MAIL APP. I am still getting an image and sound on right side of...
  9. Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow?

Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow?: I have multiple computers including one computer that has I7-6700k over clocked 5.0Ghz, with 32GB RAM, M.2 SSD I have used both Xbox One and Xbox One S I have a stock HP laptop, I have used the app on multiple Samsung phones, from S5, S6 edge+, J7 Star, S8, S9 I have...
  10. Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?: Ever since Outlook got updated (some weeks ago), it's been running incredibly slow and lags my entire browser. Anyone else have this happen, and is there anything to fix this? 58843